The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

+142
BrunoH.
Kiyomizu
patiogardener
ddoesmc
HrvojeP
KennyWD
mclechelle
eejiro12
Captain Hunk
MousEarz
dogsmycopilot
Khaoz
sourwolf
historian
RedMomma5
The Highway Man
user3822
ILikeApples
jimmyborregaard
HarleyThomas
Hopalong
alicia
margierose
Ultron's Vision
Menos
GrahamR
paor
E-Mark
nitroengine
boywonder
RsS.YuGi
lustromlingmech
wrap
Yous000
Marvin
Base
TruVampire
Baneus
Kryn Cluskio
Kaoru Shiratori
Spyro Dragon™
DK
yorkiegirl
Yun
EP3577
Selvester
DestinysGrace
SophieDophs
NiteSpinR
Mr.EasyBB
saltarski
Syndicate
JazeonX
Tara09
Calidae
babe16
Ronnytigs
Codyy
anastas95
SerahNoel
leonidas
angel_of_night
sasukekun
ShowStopper
Richardr
Willyrka
Rhino.Freak
Shadow Wolf75
Jingles Magic
Fehrat123
probidthetalk
Snack.Love
roberts1223
DHX
dcj91x
phutu01
Sir. Mayo
gameface101
mcheartz@gmail.com
AbbieBear
Richsballpythons
cecesaun1
serviceteam
psjamie
Dalekk7
That Admin Person
Sky Serpent
Holden Huffaker
NGOLIO
Asteroid35
Sir Chivas™
Rukiafan
tugatech
batman_il
dotdotdot
sfoop
Derri
Rogo
hart123
nextlevelgaming
Charisma Clash
Ape
Alexaderr
Talk
Tonight
Mariofan13
levy
FairyTailRP
EndlessDream
BL@DE
Stewartw
Ivo94
Jophy
udarsha45
Macca_96
bob77707
Usui
usmc80
RPM
WickedSoul
Asriel
belokniznik
bucnong
Neymar1
tommycoo
Yuri Sophie
JAN2XONLINE
runawayhorses
LostLegend
Sanket
S-t-e-v-e-
Aconitin
Juskteez
SLGray
!_NICK_!
JennyorAlice
RadioHead
mioshi11
ANGrey
iPur3Talent
Shadow
146 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 9 Empty New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Shadow February 5th 2013, 12:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi there ! Hello

What do you think about the new improvements on your Forumotion's forums ?

Very Happy
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 9 Empty Re: New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Ronnytigs June 12th 2013, 8:08 pm

tugatech wrote:
Ronnytigs wrote:We are all old farts, and this change is just ghastly.
None of us like it, and all my smileys have disappeared to be replaced by c**p, all in the wrong place, as mentioned by others today.

It's awful, and I have very unhappy posters.

Have you cleaned the cache of your browser?
Some screenshot?
You must forgive me, I didn't realise that actually most of my smileys are there, just so small I didn't recognise them!!

Being old farts, we are very adverse to change.... I suppose, in the end, we shall get used to it.
Just wanted to rant a little, but feel better now. Wink
Ronnytigs
Forumember

Female Posts : 37
Language : English

http://pols.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 9 Empty Re: New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Sanket June 12th 2013, 8:16 pm

Ronnytigs wrote:
tugatech wrote:
Ronnytigs wrote:We are all old farts, and this change is just ghastly.
None of us like it, and all my smileys have disappeared to be replaced by c**p, all in the wrong place, as mentioned by others today.

It's awful, and I have very unhappy posters.

Have you cleaned the cache of your browser?
Some screenshot?

You must forgive me, I didn't realise that actually most of my smileys are there, just so small I didn't recognise them!!

Being old farts, we are very adverse to change.... I suppose, in the end, we shall get used to it.
Just wanted to rant a little, but feel better now. Wink
Thats okay, nobody likes a change. Wink
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB June 12th 2013, 8:21 pm

Sanket by the way I have many new tutorials for this on my website. Would like to know if I could send a link for you or whatever. The following Tutorials I have so far

Changing Theme-
Adding A Button-
Changing Hover Text-
Adding A new Uploader or Replacing ServImg-
ShortCut Keys-
And soon a theme changer.
Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Language : HTML/CSS/JS/JQUERY/MOOTOOLS

http://www.avacweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR June 12th 2013, 9:49 pm

The font size in our sites reply boxes are too small for the users to see. The correct size shows up once the reply is posted. We need the same size font in each area.
Please help our old EYES!

Would like the option to revert back to the old toolbar!

We had a block of Smiles on the right side of our screens that our users utilized in nearly every post. Poof it's gone. We want it back!
(I changed the setting in the CSS and at least they are large enough to actually see now when you click the happy face on the toolbar)

I agree that the simpler toolbar was easier to use.

just wondering... why change what was working just fine before it was filla-gotched with?
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs June 12th 2013, 10:15 pm

I prefer the previous version.  I don't think there's anything much to gain from this update.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by DestinysGrace June 12th 2013, 11:23 pm

I don't like it. We at Serenity River Pack have a dark blue background and this white looks absolutely horrid. Not to mention the formatting buttons from the normal post reply page have vanished (at least for chrome, I haven't checked other browsers)
DestinysGrace
DestinysGrace
Forumember

Female Posts : 50

http://serenity-river-pack.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 June 12th 2013, 11:30 pm

Is anyone else having the problem of no one being able to post with this thing?
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript

http://www.simplyfifa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan June 12th 2013, 11:55 pm

Neymar1 wrote:Is anyone else having the problem of no one being able to post with this thing?
Yeah only people on Desktop Computers can post now...no gaming consoles "including the super powerful PS3 and Wii U" or mobile devices can even be used to post any messages anymore, please fix this otherwise I think not only those of us who have our website hosted at Forumotion, but Forumotion themselves may be in danger of losing most of their active members. Sad
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Selvester June 13th 2013, 12:04 am

I get that most people don't like it... but I am quite fond of the new editor. My only issue with it is the mobile devices thing. I have a few upset members because of that. I don't know about all but I know some of my mobile members can still post, they just can't see the buttons for actually editing. But right now it is only in beta so hopefully it will be updated in time.
Selvester
Selvester
Forumember

Female Posts : 255
Language : English, French (little bit)

http://rp-central.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by EP3577 June 13th 2013, 12:13 am

All of the members including me absolutely hate it. We have a dark background so first of all it looks very bad, and secondly it's not WYSIWYG due to the color differences.

The WYSIWYG mode is also annoying since it makes things more complicated instead of simplifying them.

Please just give us an option of whether to use to old one or the new one. That way everybody's happy, and no one loses out.
EP3577

Back to top Go down

Post by Yun June 13th 2013, 12:15 am

To put it simply, I think you need to reassess any and all future updates. This "new editor" update, has got to be the worst "update" I've seen you implement. Not only is it unwanted, but you're alienating  your user base.
Yun

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs June 13th 2013, 12:17 am

Okay, so I've had a few hours with this edit and it is now growing on me. I can see that my non-tech-savvy members will find this easier to use.
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

Back to top Go down

Post by sfoop June 13th 2013, 12:56 am

I was able to fix the resized smilies by adding this CSS,

.sceditor-emoticons { max-width: 300px; max-height: 400px; overflow:scroll; }
.sceditor-emoticons img.smiley { width: auto; height: auto; }

For those who missed my post, I was able to post using the new editor on the Nintendo 3DS by turning on the BBCode/source view (last icon in the toolbar).
sfoop
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri June 13th 2013, 1:35 am

I think some people are being a little too hard on the text editor. I think it was a nice update by Forumotion.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkiegirl June 13th 2013, 1:36 am

We all hate it. Sorry. All our smiles are so small none of us can see it. Why mess with things that work. I know that I will now lose supportive members because of this as it has taken me years to show them the old version.  For us who really do not undertsand all the .sceditor-emoticons { max-width: 300px; max-height: 400px; overflow:scroll; }
.sceditor-emoticons img.smiley { width: auto; height: auto; }
etc it is now a waste of 4 years.
yorkiegirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by yorkiegirl June 13th 2013, 1:40 am

Derri wrote:I think some people are being a little too hard on the text editor. I think it was a nice update by Forumotion.

If you understand all the jargon to fix things etc then great. Sadly many of my rescue members are like me not computer literate. All this bbCodes etc means nothing to me. Would have been nice to maybe been asked opinions. I have had over 437 emails today from members panicing about teh 'forums been hacked' etc. Stressful enough running a dog rescue without having to sit telling them all it is the hosts messing about
yorkiegirl
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by leonidas June 13th 2013, 1:46 am

Derri wrote:I think some people are being a little too hard on the text editor. I think it was a nice update by Forumotion.

the problem is as you can see, MOST DON'T WANT IT! most of us are already happy with what we have, we don't NEED it and we are asking the people here to give us a choice.
leonidas
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DK June 13th 2013, 1:47 am

You should give the new text editor an option to make it dark themed, for dark forums.
DK
DK
Forumember

Male Posts : 609

http://ourworldhub.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyro Dragon™ June 13th 2013, 1:48 am

DK wrote:You should give the new text editor an option to make it dark themed, for dark forums.

Or transparent...for transparent themes..
Spyro Dragon™
Spyro Dragon™
Forumember

Male Posts : 202

http://SpyroDragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaoru Shiratori June 13th 2013, 1:49 am

Rukiafan wrote:
Neymar1 wrote:Is anyone else having the problem of no one being able to post with this thing?
Yeah only people on Desktop Computers can post now...no gaming consoles "including the super powerful PS3 and Wii U" or mobile devices can even be used to post any messages anymore, please fix this otherwise I think not only those of us who have our website hosted at Forumotion, but Forumotion themselves may be in danger of losing most of their active members. Sad

My entire forum basically left. There's like 6 of us left because of this
Kaoru Shiratori

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryn Cluskio June 13th 2013, 1:49 am

This new editor reminds me of the Xbox One, only not as s***ty. Still pretty bad.
Kryn Cluskio
Kryn Cluskio
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Baneus June 13th 2013, 2:17 am

I don't mind the functionality of it. What it does need to have is a simple way (that involves no coding) to have it match the colour scheme of the rest of the forum. Black on white has always been the worst set up for reading text on a screen.
Baneus

Back to top Go down

Post by sfoop June 13th 2013, 3:15 am

One problem with the new editor is if you edit a post while WYSIWYG is enabled, extra line breaks are inserted after 'quote' blocks. So if you edit a post that had 'quote' stuff, don't change anything, and hit 'Send' to save it, the post will have extra lines under each 'quote' area.
sfoop
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mioshi11 June 13th 2013, 3:23 am

sfoop wrote:One problem with the new editor is if you edit a post while WYSIWYG is enabled, extra line breaks are inserted after 'quote' blocks. So if you edit a post that had 'quote' stuff, don't change anything, and hit 'Send' to save it, the post will have extra lines under each 'quote' area.
Yes agree on this there are big line breaks... how to solve it?
mioshi11
mioshi11
Forumember

Male Posts : 153
Language : english

http://lovefx.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray June 13th 2013, 4:43 am

mioshi11 wrote:
sfoop wrote:One problem with the new editor is if you edit a post while WYSIWYG is enabled, extra line breaks are inserted after 'quote' blocks. So if you edit a post that had 'quote' stuff, don't change anything, and hit 'Send' to save it, the post will have extra lines under each 'quote' area.

Yes agree on this there are big line breaks... how to solve it?
This was the way it was with the old editor, too. The quote and code buttons added a line after them.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 9 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by sfoop June 13th 2013, 4:46 am

No, I mean if you edit your post after saving. So if you were to edit the post you made above and hit 'send,' it will add more space after the quote boxes.
sfoop
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray June 13th 2013, 4:49 am

It has not happened to me on my forum or here.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 9 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by TruVampire June 13th 2013, 5:58 am

Its horrible, Especially on RPG sites where you wish to copy a little of anothers text and then paste it on your own reply. it keeps the colour of the other reply and the background of it as well! It is really annoying. especially when you use tables and stuff!!!!
TruVampire

Back to top Go down

Post by sfoop June 13th 2013, 7:20 am

SLGray wrote:It has not happened to me on my forum or here.

It happens here.

Watch this video of it in action (when writing this post). You just have to keep hitting the Preview button to trigger it.

Editor Bug.mp4 (900k)

I have BBCode off in the video, but it happens when WYSIWYG is on too.
sfoop
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base June 13th 2013, 12:41 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Obviously there is still a lot more room for improvement at this moment in time. Hopefully with all this feedback, the team will be able to take on board the comments made and make the necessary changes.

Last edited by Base on June 13th 2013, 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next