The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Leviosa on February 5th 2013, 12:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi there ! Hello

What do you think about the new improvements on your Forumotion's forums ?

Very Happy

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15382
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Derri on June 13th 2013, 1:17 pm

I personally think that once all the initial bugs are sorted out and improvements have been made we shall see a lot of CSS and Coding Tips and Tricks for the editor and people will actually like it as you'll probably be able to customize the editor quite easily and people will make tips and tutorials for it.

I think most people are having problems because if you're on PHPBB2 or PunBB then you do need to edit templates and other stuff. I think once the bugs are sorted then everything should be fine.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvin on June 13th 2013, 1:32 pm

Generally I like the new editor but....

1. Why is in the Editor a World of Warcraft button? Who uses Wow? Please delete this button or give us the right to disable Buttons.
  2. Why gives it a Youtube and Dailymotion button? It will be cool, if there is only one Button for Videos.
  3. Why are there a Button for the Time and Date? Every PC an every Forum has a Time and a Date..
  4. Why are the first 8 buttons only enabled if I klick on the text box?
  5. It will be cool, if the Button "Switch Editor Mode" has a special Color, Size or is highlighted.

Marvin
Forumember

Male Posts : 317
Language : German, basic English, Spanish, basic Bavarian, broken Italian

http://www.schiggysboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yous000 on June 13th 2013, 2:31 pm

Give us the option to turn off WYSIWYG mode in the admin CP. It's not a helpful feature most users prefer just seeing the code and then hitting the preview button. Out of 30+ forums I am a member of maybe only one uses the WYSIWYG mode.

PLEASE give us the option to turn off WYSIWYG mode

Yous000
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by wrap on June 13th 2013, 3:23 pm

I am the founder of a crime board..it is all about the murdered, missing, abused and neglected children. We have many older members that have been w/us from day one (my site is over 4 years old). We are seeing an enormous decline in traffic due to this new toolbar. Our website is extremely important to us as we are advocates for the missing and murdered. We cannot even post our smilies. It's causing major GRIEF. I am respectfully requesting that we be given the OPTION to revert BACK to the old toolbar. I cannot afford to lose fellow Law Enforcement and media over this. There are some cases we are working on that are time sensitive. PLEASE change BACK to the old format..

One other thing: I think it would behoove forumotions And the websites to have the Founder be informed of any radical changes (and I find this new 'change' to be in that category) PRIOR to said changes w/the option to KEEP what we know and trust. I can't speak for any other blog although from what I am gathering, the majority does NOT like it..Is it worth losing trusted members over because some are not savvy enough? Is it worth it to forumotions to have unhappy people come here and vent? Everyone's time is Precious..WHY change something that does not warrant the change..especially if founders/mods/admins and members are unhappy? The majority of members at my website are NOT teens..some are retired law enforcement..some are victims..the median age is approx 50 years old. So, I am respectfully asking you to give each website the OPTION to go back to the original toolbar. The part that really gets to me is we cannot post our smilies..but more importantly, traffic has radically DECREASED since you all sprung this on us w/no warning. In closing, I want to say I think forumotions has many fantastic features. I have high regard for all your admins/mods do here. However, this new toolbar is not feasibly functional for my crimeboard. If you would like the link, please request it.

Sincerely

'wrapitup'
Founder

wrap

Back to top Go down

Post by wrap on June 13th 2013, 5:44 pm

Addendum to the above: I DO like that when one copy/pastes an article, it automatically embeds the various article links. That's an enormous plus and saves valuable time. HOWEVER, we Still cannot utilize our smilies..Shit

Still respectfully requesting each forumotions website has the OPTION for founders to get the old toolbar back. I would rather get our traffic back and embed the videos myself.

wrap

Back to top Go down

Post by lustromlingmech on June 13th 2013, 5:49 pm

The one I am most excited about is ability to post while on the mobile version. However, there needs to be an edit and a quote button

lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara09 on June 13th 2013, 6:08 pm

Yeah forumotion, how dare you make all these changes to something that you are kind enough to
let us use for FREE!!!Very Happy

I find it really odd the way some of you are talking. All of us are lucky enough to be able to have
these free forums and I think you should be a bit more thankful. Give constructive feedback if you
aren't happy with the changes. Don't carry on about how you hate it and are losing members and
stuff like that. Seriously, if you are really losing members over something like this I wonder how
dedicated they are in the first place.

If you are finding that you are losing members cause they aren't tech savy enough to figure it all out,
why dont you make a topic and explain all the changes and how to work the new post box.

@wrap it sounds like you are doing some really great work there, but you are saying that fellow law
enforcement and media are not coming to your site anymore cause they don't like the post box or cant
post smileys?:/I could be wrong but it doesn't sound to me like they were really into the cause in the
first place. Surely if they were, they would be extremely keen to hang around till it gets sorted....or put
in a bit of effort to learn how to work it? Or is the post box not working at all for you guys?

Edit - I just saw your last post. Yes there are many great options with the new post box. I think now that
you (and others) are giving it a proper chance you are finding them.

Last edited by Tara09 on June 13th 2013, 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Tara09
Forumember

Female Posts : 29

http://illusions.forum8.biz/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 13th 2013, 6:10 pm

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback. Thanks.

Tara09, thank you for your kind words. Wink

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RsS.YuGi on June 13th 2013, 6:25 pm

It's all cool and stuff
it's actually much better than the old one
but there's a big problem almost ALL are suffering from which is the buttons are not showing, and that requires editing in temples which so many people don't have access due to them aren't the owners ... and the owners are not around ='( ........

If you can just add a button in ACP to pick which editor to use, that would be the best thing you ever do ... ever ! ... I hope my voice to be hared ! mwii

RsS.YuGi
Forumember

Male Posts : 120

http://resurrectionacademy.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 13th 2013, 6:35 pm

If you had only seen this post, you would have got the answer to your query. Wink
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671-only-topic-new-editor#830576

Regret, that template editing is required but that has happened in the past too, no way to avoid it.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by RsS.YuGi on June 13th 2013, 6:45 pm

@Sanket wrote:If you had only seen this post, you would have got the answer to your query. Wink
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671-only-topic-new-editor#830576

Regret, that template editing is required but that has happened in the past too, no way to avoid it.

I read ... but I understood nothing of it.

I don't want to turn this thread into fixing problems thread since it's not ...
but you see ... I'm sure there are other people like me feel lost in all this

forumotion is going in advanced things that's cool and all but don't "ignore" people like me with the helping
I mean you closed the thread I asked help in, directed me to a thread with 10 pages and I doubt any will read my post.

you replied to me in this thread and I hope you help in one question.
is there a way to fix this problem without accessing the templates ?at all?
Since I also saw that people saying they can't access templates.

PS. my problem as a lot of other people I saw here and in other "Forumotion" forums (French version, Arabic Version etc...) -http://prntscr.com/19rfj9 ..

RsS.YuGi
Forumember

Male Posts : 120

http://resurrectionacademy.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan on June 13th 2013, 7:52 pm

There are ways around this issue for mobile devices since the mobile view doesn't use this editor, but gaming consoles such as the Wii and 3DS aren't on Forumotion's list of mobile devices so they can't use the new editor and can't switch to mobile version either, which is bad for my website since alot of people browse gaming websites on game consoles, and before this my website's strongest asset was its amazing compatibility with the outdated Wii browser compared to other gaming websites, but now the Wii isn't even a usable option for my members. Sad

If you guys can tell me how to add the Wii and 3DS as recognized mobile devices on my forum my problem would be nearly fixed.

Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB on June 13th 2013, 8:09 pm

Sanket and Team. I would like to make a suggestion for easier access and to fulfill a lot of the users needs. I would suggest the instantiated code be accessible, as a lot of the greater options are there, such as the toolbar buttons, what we want and what we don't want. The WYSIWYG mode is option there as well. So if you guys can see if you can either make it an option key factor in the ACP or something. I know the instantiated code like the back of my hand, and I truly am a little angry as I had an editor that was better than this, I can live with this as long as we have the option for this to be accessible.
Giving members options as these is so much better than not giving them freedom at all, and you made a huge leap with no thought of the consequences on a lot of peoples forums. Be it as it may, it is fine to me in the sense, as I do like the contenteditable bodies as it makes it easier to see what is going on, and it also provides better indenting and whitespace.

Now to look at this at the stand point of a developer-

Toolbar Coding Char Count: 1300 Lines
New Editor Char Count: 8200+ Lines

That is 9500 Lines not including the edits of javascript the users do on their own behalf. That is a lot of lines, the toolbar is optional, great. The New Editor for some many lines, is not optional at all.

Plus you still have the illiweb en.js which is the helpline code for the bbcodes.

Now the next revision, you have the cookie.js added for toolbar as well as the new editor. That is two cookie.js instantiated. Great more useless coding

I think before adding this stuff you should really do a double take on the consequences of the load it has on a website. And the critical factor dealing with useless codes. If you have the possibility to remove the cookie.js from the toolbar there you go do that, because if you are leaving the new editor on it already has cookie.js in it so no need to have it in the toolbar at all.

Please consider my thoughts and hopefully do something so we can have access to the instantiated SCEditor code, I mean I do, I just delete your php placeholder of the sceditor and add it myself and I'm good. Though phpbb3 and invision do not have this option.

Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Language : HTML/CSS/JS/JQUERY/MOOTOOLS

http://www.avacweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 13th 2013, 9:31 pm

I will try to make it a point that all suggestions are heard, but at the moment since users are facing problems getting used to the editor & minor tweaks are required all our time is utilized on that. Thank you for your suggestions.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by boywonder on June 14th 2013, 12:46 am

my forum was running sweet till this update

but i recon once the odd problem sorted over time it should work better

boywonder
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by nitroengine on June 14th 2013, 2:09 am

I am really disliking this new editor update. I have many people contacting me complaining about it as well. I have many instructional tutorials that walk people through the process of uploading and posting pictures, videos and other formatting that would need complete rewriting. I liked how the emoticons used to be displayed along the right side of the text box, they were perfect sized and was easy to change categories. I used to have featured emoticons that would go with upcoming holidays were displayed on top of the lists. Its not just the emoticons, I am not fond of the entire thing. It doesn't really match the theme of my forum. I don't have any custom templates that is affecting it. I think its nice that you guys offer these kinds of updates, I just wish that there were an option to switch back to the original editor.

At least move the emoticons back to where they used to be.

I see I'm not alone on this! Please introduce a setting that would allow us to switch back to the original editor!

-Thank You

Last edited by nitroengine on June 14th 2013, 2:22 am; edited 2 times in total

nitroengine

Male Posts : 6

http://coxenginecollection.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Mark on June 14th 2013, 4:30 am

I do like the way forumotion create an update regarding the editor which was demanded by many forumotion user as said by TGF. But if the editor is under beta and they didn't create an editor that is optimize well, atleast don't make an fully update to fm forums/made it as official one to used by forums.

I would suggest that before creating an update and making it as an official to use by forums, better if we apply this kind of updates to a particular websites first and let it be tested by forumotion staff and volunteer members, and that's the time we can receive feedbacks/suggestions.

I know that this editor is still BETA, that's why we shouldn't made it as an OFFICIAL editor yet unless they already fixed the problems regarding this editor.bye

E-Mark
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1389
Language : English, Tagalog

http://coding-spot.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on June 14th 2013, 4:46 am

@E-Mark wrote:I would suggest that before creating an update and making it as an official to use by forums, better if we apply this kind of updates to a particular websites first and let it be tested by forumotion staff and volunteer members, and that's the time we can receive feedbacks/suggestions.
It is tested on a forum before it is announcement, but sometimes bugs/glitches do not show up until it is installed on all forums.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35667

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Mark on June 14th 2013, 5:08 am

Yep. You're right, there are times that bugs/glitches doesn't show-up on just 1 website, atleast somehow like, added this kind of feature first on 10 forums (staffs forum/anyone who like to volunteer) as a test.

But since it was done already we can't do anything but to get more and more feedbacks with fm users.

E-Mark
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1389
Language : English, Tagalog

http://coding-spot.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by paor on June 14th 2013, 8:53 am

quick replay on my forum looks like...wtf...cache cleared
tnx

paor
Forumember

Language : Croatian

http://poljoprivredni-forum.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 14th 2013, 9:25 am

paor, please post your problems in the Only topic.
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p330-only-topic-new-editor

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamR on June 14th 2013, 10:49 am

If you're talking about 'New Editor for Forumotion Forums' then I'm sorry to say the changes have not gone down well on my forum and I have been asked to change it back to the way it was! They especially dislike the way the emoticons are really tiny. Sorry.

GrahamR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 14th 2013, 11:28 am

@GrahamR wrote:
If you're talking about 'New Editor for Forumotion Forums' then I'm sorry to say the changes have not gone down well on my forum and I have been asked to change it back to the way it was! They especially dislike the way the emoticons are really tiny. Sorry.
Maybe this will help.
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p60-only-topic-new-editor#830677

Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Menos on June 14th 2013, 12:18 pm

There are only a few (minor) bugs still that need to be fixed.. but in the end.. the new editor was a good choice!
Just wanted the Admins, Mods, Managers and helpers to know!
Thank you for your immediate responses and support!
Keep up the good work!!thumleft

Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 373
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on June 14th 2013, 5:11 pm

I like the new editor very much--I'll just have to find a way to change it from being white. xD Doesn't look too shiny on a dark based forum, but it still looks awesome, regardless.

Thanks to FM for the hard work and the awesome, new update!

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on June 14th 2013, 7:41 pm

Yeah I like it too it works perfectly on my forum. A lot of people are complaining about the new text editor saying it doesn't work right on there forum, but I haven't had any of that it seems to like my forum. I think the reason why is because people have edited there forums so much in the past that after the update to the editor its not compatible with there forums anymore, so perhaps some people need to revert back to the forums default theme to start fresh, then work around the new editor.

Yes good work FM on a nice editor.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on June 14th 2013, 9:14 pm

@runawayhorses wrote:Yeah I like it too it works perfectly on my forum. A lot of people are complaining about the new text editor saying it doesn't work right on there forum, but I haven't had any of that it seems to like my forum. I think the reason why is because people have edited there forums so much in the past that after the update to the editor its not compatible with there forums anymore, so perhaps some people need to revert back to the forums default theme to start fresh, then work around the new editor.

I also believe many of the issues are caused by members who have modified their forums with JavaScripts, CSS codes, widgets, modified templates, etc.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35667

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan on June 14th 2013, 9:17 pm

@SLGray wrote:
@runawayhorses wrote:Yeah I like it too it works perfectly on my forum. A lot of people are complaining about the new text editor saying it doesn't work right on there forum, but I haven't had any of that it seems to like my forum. I think the reason why is because people have edited there forums so much in the past that after the update to the editor its not compatible with there forums anymore, so perhaps some people need to revert back to the forums default theme to start fresh, then work around the new editor.

I also believe many of the issues are caused by members who have modified their forums with JavaScripts, CSS codes, widgets, modified templates, etc.

This is absolutely the case, but the problem is, it seems almost every Javascript, CSS, and Jquery code causes some kind of issue with the new text editor. Sad

Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on June 14th 2013, 9:17 pm

this update is will do serious damage to forumotion IMO...

if they dont work on it over the weekend i wonder how many more member i am going to lose to facebook :/

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB on June 15th 2013, 12:05 am

The issue at hand here is, we should be allowed to place any javascript or CSS or whatever that we want. You are limiting us and will destroy your reputation of FM. We pay for the service not you, we should have a say in this. Not you. Each individual should have the say. If anybody doesn't want the editor do this-

Code:
$(function(){
$.sceditor.destroy();
});

The fact of the matter is the verdict of who likes it is well under those of whom despise it. If you like it add it yourself don't make everyone suffer.

Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Language : HTML/CSS/JS/JQUERY/MOOTOOLS

http://www.avacweb.com

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum