The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

+142
BrunoH.
Kiyomizu
patiogardener
ddoesmc
HrvojeP
KennyWD
mclechelle
eejiro12
Captain Hunk
MousEarz
dogsmycopilot
Khaoz
sourwolf
historian
RedMomma5
The Highway Man
user3822
ILikeApples
jimmyborregaard
HarleyThomas
Hopalong
alicia
margierose
Ultron's Vision
Menos
GrahamR
paor
E-Mark
nitroengine
boywonder
RsS.YuGi
lustromlingmech
wrap
Yous000
Marvin
Base
TruVampire
Baneus
Kryn Cluskio
Kaoru Shiratori
Spyro Dragon™
DK
yorkiegirl
Yun
EP3577
Selvester
DestinysGrace
SophieDophs
NiteSpinR
Mr.EasyBB
saltarski
Syndicate
JazeonX
Tara09
Calidae
babe16
Ronnytigs
Codyy
anastas95
SerahNoel
leonidas
angel_of_night
sasukekun
ShowStopper
Richardr
Willyrka
Rhino.Freak
Shadow Wolf75
Jingles Magic
Fehrat123
probidthetalk
Snack.Love
roberts1223
DHX
dcj91x
phutu01
Sir. Mayo
gameface101
mcheartz@gmail.com
AbbieBear
Richsballpythons
cecesaun1
serviceteam
psjamie
Dalekk7
That Admin Person
Sky Serpent
Holden Huffaker
NGOLIO
Asteroid35
Sir Chivas™
Rukiafan
tugatech
batman_il
dotdotdot
sfoop
Derri
Rogo
hart123
nextlevelgaming
Charisma Clash
Ape
Alexaderr
Talk
Tonight
Mariofan13
levy
FairyTailRP
EndlessDream
BL@DE
Stewartw
Ivo94
Jophy
udarsha45
Macca_96
bob77707
Usui
usmc80
RPM
WickedSoul
Asriel
belokniznik
bucnong
Neymar1
tommycoo
Yuri Sophie
JAN2XONLINE
runawayhorses
LostLegend
Sanket
S-t-e-v-e-
Aconitin
Juskteez
SLGray
!_NICK_!
JennyorAlice
RadioHead
mioshi11
ANGrey
iPur3Talent
Shadow
146 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 2 Empty New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Shadow February 5th 2013, 12:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi there ! Hello

What do you think about the new improvements on your Forumotion's forums ?

Very Happy
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 2 Empty Re: New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by runawayhorses February 7th 2013, 2:11 pm

Yes the toolbar is a great new feature, I've already changed the background color of the search box text field to a black color background and the writing in the field to white text to match my forum design. Also I added a margin-top:30 for the logo strip image in the stylesheet as the toolbar was starting to overlap it on page load, but it fits nicely now. Smile
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 2 Empty Re: New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by bucnong February 7th 2013, 2:41 pm

nice and compact, convenient . thank for admin Smile)
bucnong

Language : viettnam

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 February 7th 2013, 2:46 pm

I've got a question actually. Are there are specific rules when it comes to customising this toolbar? e.g. I take it we are allowed to remove the "Forumotion" link? I can't see anything about this.
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript

http://www.simplyfifa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 7th 2013, 2:52 pm

You're not allowed to remove Forumotion's copyrights from the Toolbar :
https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 February 7th 2013, 2:58 pm

Oh. I probably won't be adding this then..as it looks kinda stupid with that link there. I just assumed that was only in place because this is the support forum.
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 7th 2013, 3:07 pm

We're a free service which lives thanks to your support, your encouragement and your goodwill.
So that's really sad that you think that's stupid Smile

Anyway, there will be an update soon to propose a legal way to remove the copyrights, just like for the footer.

Also, there's a tutorial in preparation to explain the functioning of the toolbar Wink

Thanks !
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses February 7th 2013, 3:33 pm

Not sure this is the place to report a functionality issue but it looks as good as any, I noticed the "Connection of a friend to the forum" the toolbar did not send a notification to me when 2 of my friends logged in this morning. I was already online and logged into the forum when they logged in and nothing happened. And I checked my notification settings and all of them are still default with all the boxes ticked including the "Connection of a friend to the forum".

I do not have a popup blocker enabled on the forum, so I'm not sure why it didn't send a notification.

The same thing happens on this forum its not just mine, no notification is sent on this forum either when a "Connection of a friend to the forum".

The PM notification works fine I've already received one in the toolbar.

Last edited by runawayhorses on February 7th 2013, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by belokniznik February 7th 2013, 3:44 pm

I think the new toolbar isn't useful.
Better create support the vars in HTML pages Wink and add to this forum the smiles 'kolobok'.
belokniznik

Language : RUSSIAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 7th 2013, 4:18 pm

runawayhorses wrote:Not sure this is the place to report a functionality issue but it looks as good as any, I noticed the "Connection of a friend to the forum" the toolbar did not send a notification to me when 2 of my friends logged in this morning. I was already online and logged into the forum when they logged in and nothing happened. And I checked my notification settings and all of them are still default with all the boxes ticked including the "Connection of a friend to the forum".

I do not have a popup blocker enabled on the forum, so I'm not sure why it didn't send a notification.

The PM notification works fine I've already received one in the toolbar.

No, you're not at the right place.
Please open a topic in the Support Sections if you want to report a problem.

Thank you ! Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by mioshi11 February 7th 2013, 4:33 pm

hope we can costomize the notification bar.
mioshi11
mioshi11
Forumember

Male Posts : 153
Language : english

http://lovefx.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses February 7th 2013, 4:45 pm

Leeloo wrote:No, you're not at the right place.
Please open a topic in the Support Sections if you want to report a problem.

Thank you ! Wink
Ok just done that here:

https://help.forumotion.com/t120115-new-features-toolbar-notifications

thanks Smile
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Asriel February 7th 2013, 6:24 pm

It's awesome.
Asriel
Asriel
Forumember

Male Posts : 585
Language : English, Russian, Ukrainian

http://www.worldofmutants.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WickedSoul February 7th 2013, 6:26 pm

I'm always excited for new updates/features from Forumotion! I am really loving how we can get notifications now, especially for Friend Requests & Profile Comments. Ah, it was worth the wait! Smile So thank you to the tech people that did this for us and I am eager for more updates in the future!
WickedSoul
WickedSoul
Forumember

Female Posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- February 7th 2013, 11:02 pm

Leeloo wrote:We're a free service which lives thanks to your support, your encouragement and your goodwill.

Anyway, there will be an update soon to propose a legal way to remove the copyrights, just like for the footer.

Also, there's a tutorial in preparation to explain the functioning of the toolbar Wink

Thanks !

i pay £100 already to remove ads and the forumotion linkare you say you want me to pay more to remove the link off the toolbar maybe it time for me to move elsewhere
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 February 7th 2013, 11:11 pm

Leeloo wrote:We're a free service which lives thanks to your support, your encouragement and your goodwill.

Thanks !

A free service? I'm currently paying a pretty large, and increasing, amount of money each year for domain names, removing ads, and even removing copyrighted links (does this not come under a link?). I didn't say it was stupid, and yes I am grateful for this service. I said it looked stupid in the context of my forum.

If you're wanting to stick links to forumotion on this, then why not just stick them everywhere? May as well have one on the chatbox, maybe a link when creating new threads, how about one in the navbar, next to thread links? It's at the very top of the forum, is very noticeable and yes, looks stupid. It's a built in forumotion feature...does it need to have an advert?

I paid to remove links from the footer. Yes..the footer. I don't want links at the very top of my forum if I've paid to remove them from a place that they will hardly even be noticed from. If a way to remove this link becomes available, it should be including within the removing copyright links from the footer package.
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by RPM February 7th 2013, 11:20 pm

Bazinga! wrote:I like them. Especially the 'hide messages by banned members' one. Thank you! :wouhou:

How do you hide banned members posts`? I use phpBB3
RPM
RPM
Forumember

Language : EN

http://roleplaymachugas.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 February 7th 2013, 11:42 pm

Rideem3 wrote:
S-t-e-v-e- wrote:

Thanks !

i pay £100 already to remove ads and the forumotion linkare you say you want me to pay more to remove the link off the toolbar maybe it time for me to move elsewhere
You're on a free forum host. So that price shouldn't be surprising. If you were on your own host, you would have to pay for hosting services which is much more over time.
Neymar1 wrote:

Thanks !

A free service? I'm currently paying a pretty large, and increasing, amount of money each year for domain names, removing ads, and even removing copyrighted links (does this not come under a link?). I didn't say it was stupid, and yes I am grateful for this service. I said it looked stupid in the context of my forum.

If you're wanting to stick links to forumotion on this, then why not just stick them everywhere? May as well have one on the chatbox, maybe a link when creating new threads, how about one in the navbar, next to thread links? It's at the very top of the forum, is very noticeable and yes, looks stupid. It's a built in forumotion feature...does it need to have an advert?

I paid to remove links from the footer. Yes..the footer. I don't want links at the very top of my forum if I've paid to remove them from a place that they will hardly even be noticed from. If a way to remove this link becomes available, it should be including within the removing copyright links from the footer package.
Neymar, know that yes, this is a free forum hosting service. If you were to go else where, you would have to pay for web hosting. Web hosting prices vary on where you go. If your forum is very large the amount of money needed to pay for web hosting would be around $100 per month. So I would consider this basically free.

The only things you have to pay for are optional.
RPM wrote:
Bazinga! wrote:I like them. Especially the 'hide messages by banned members' one. Thank you! :wouhou:

How do you hide banned members posts`? I use phpBB3
Read this:
https://help.forumotion.com/t120005-new-forumotion-s-improvements-d

Yeah, I know about the crazy prices of web hosting and have had to put up with it in the past. Forumotion is a great service and I really do appreciate it, as I said. That wasn't my main point though. I'm paying to remove forumotion links already that are hardly noticeable, this should include, in my opinion, the link on this tool bar.
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 February 7th 2013, 11:50 pm

I thought those decisions would have been made before release though?

Also, the small image in the toolbar isn't even a legal copyright, it's an icon and has no baring on the creators or owners of the code. It does nothing to specify about ownership, usage or modification, it is simply a aesthetic icon.

The JavaScript they use is pre-written Jquery plug ins that they can not put their own copyrights in.
The JavaScript they wrote themselves, has failed to include any copyrights within them.

(That bit was from LGforum).
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- February 8th 2013, 12:07 am

Rideem3 wrote:
S-t-e-v-e- wrote:

Thanks !

You're on a free forum host. So that price shouldn't be surprising. If you were on your own host, you would have to pay for hosting services which is much more over time.

When i have to pay close to £200 i'm off will be moving and buy my own VPS so i can add what my forum really needs,

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- February 8th 2013, 12:11 am

VPS are cheap these day and you can run it all on your own :wouhou:
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by usmc80 February 8th 2013, 12:43 am

Removed the wildcard again, disabling the latest post feature? Every time someone fixes it they remove it!?
usmc80

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Usui February 8th 2013, 1:12 am

The new features are great! :3
Usui
Usui
Forumember

Female Posts : 100
Language : English & Spanish

http://www.kawaiirainbow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bob77707 February 8th 2013, 2:15 am

I will start by saying. I really love forumotion. It is a great community and an amazing service that it is virtually free. I will give my honest input, so please don't be offended.

The notifications and user options are pretty cool. I personally would like the option to remove the social media links. That said, I definitely will not use it because of the forumotion link. Also, I got excited for a second that the search might actually search the contents of posts rather than just the titles, but nope.

I definitely appreciate the fact that there are updates and look forward to the future updates. Thank you for all the hard work!
bob77707
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses February 8th 2013, 5:42 am

Another opinion I have about the new update, and I'm talking about the toolbar in particular here, is how attractive and well designed it is, I think the forumotion team that designed it deserve a round of applause.

I can honestly say I don't see what all the fuss is about concerning a Forumotion link on the toolbar, why in the world would anyone object to that? It certainly doesn't look bad or out of place, its obvious to anyone why its there, its because its a Forumotion toolbar and forum for cryin out loud, so why would you not want the brand name on your forum? Oh I get it, you want people to think you made it..haha..rotfl

Besides that I like the real-time notifications you get when someone replies to a post or sends you a PM, so my final thoughts and opinion on this update is good job forumotion team, and just know that besides these few posts here in this thread there are thousands of others that love the new toolbar and new updates you made, and they think the new toolbar looks fantastic, Great work. Smile
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 8th 2013, 5:44 am

Thanks runawayhorses for the nice comment about the updates especially the toolbar.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 2 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 8th 2013, 7:27 am

I think I'll stick to my custom made bottom bar for a while, which has extended features, if you don't mind. Great job by the way, but I won't be needing it now Wink

I'd rather look forward to see some big fixes (facebook invite) and requests (like the shop mentioned on earlier posts).

Thank you!

Samantha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow February 8th 2013, 9:31 am

To resume, I would say :

All free services are paid by ads.
If you don't want this ads, I think it's normal to pay to remove it.
As for the domain name : we are paying all domain names. We offer it for the most active forums, but sometimes you need to pay for it.

I already told you that we were thinking about the best way to remove this link. So please allow the time to the Management of Forumotion and their techs to see this and take a decision, and you can be sure that all your feedbacks are taken into account. Wink

Thanks !
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca_96 February 8th 2013, 10:29 am

Toolbar is nice just needs to be customized. As everybody keeps saying, the Forumotion link needs to go, there needs to be options to display which social links you want, or at all. I like the Notifications. This imo needs to display which topic was replied to instead of "watched topic". Times would be nice to.
Macca_96
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 February 8th 2013, 10:54 am

runawayhorses wrote:Another opinion I have about the new update, and I'm talking about the toolbar in particular here, is how attractive and well designed it is, I think the forumotion team that designed it deserve a round of applause.

I can honestly say I don't see what all the fuss is about concerning a Forumotion link on the toolbar, why in the world would anyone object to that? It certainly doesn't look bad or out of place, its obvious to anyone why its there, its because its a Forumotion toolbar and forum for cryin out loud, so why would you not want the brand name on your forum? Oh I get it, you want people to think you made it..haha..rotfl

Besides that I like the real-time notifications you get when someone replies to a post or sends you a PM, so my final thoughts and opinion on this update is good job forumotion team, and just know that besides these few posts here in this thread there are thousands of others that love the new toolbar and new updates you made, and they think the new toolbar looks fantastic, Great work. Smile

Someone's going for FM brownie points. Razz Do they really need to stamp their markings on a feature that they made? Are they really proud of it or something?

"Oh I get it, you want people to think you made it..haha..rotfl"

I wouldn't say that's true. I've had brilliant features from LGforum which are a thousand times better than this and have the necessary copyright messages in places, not a big link to his forum that's the first thing you seen upon entry to the site...

Also, the real-time notifications are good as you said, but there's certainly a server being destroyed somewhere out there, and we're already getting errors on that.

Let's see what they see anyway, but from what LG said in the previous page regarding copyright of the image and link, or lack of...is the conclusion not going to be irrelevant anyway?
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by udarsha45 February 8th 2013, 11:14 am

The new tool bar feature is very useful! However I wish that it could be movable. You know like having a feature where you can place it where ever you want than keeping it up. Ex: down, sideways, etc.
udarsha45
udarsha45
Forumember

Male Posts : 626

http://bleach.5forum.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next