The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

+142
BrunoH.
Kiyomizu
patiogardener
ddoesmc
HrvojeP
KennyWD
mclechelle
eejiro12
Captain Hunk
MousEarz
dogsmycopilot
Khaoz
sourwolf
historian
RedMomma5
The Highway Man
user3822
ILikeApples
jimmyborregaard
HarleyThomas
Hopalong
alicia
margierose
Ultron's Vision
Menos
GrahamR
paor
E-Mark
nitroengine
boywonder
RsS.YuGi
lustromlingmech
wrap
Yous000
Marvin
Base
TruVampire
Baneus
Kryn Cluskio
Kaoru Shiratori
Spyro Dragon™
DK
yorkiegirl
Yun
EP3577
Selvester
DestinysGrace
SophieDophs
NiteSpinR
Mr.EasyBB
saltarski
Syndicate
JazeonX
Tara09
Calidae
babe16
Ronnytigs
Codyy
anastas95
SerahNoel
leonidas
angel_of_night
sasukekun
ShowStopper
Richardr
Willyrka
Rhino.Freak
Shadow Wolf75
Jingles Magic
Fehrat123
probidthetalk
Snack.Love
roberts1223
DHX
dcj91x
phutu01
Sir. Mayo
gameface101
mcheartz@gmail.com
AbbieBear
Richsballpythons
cecesaun1
serviceteam
psjamie
Dalekk7
That Admin Person
Sky Serpent
Holden Huffaker
NGOLIO
Asteroid35
Sir Chivas™
Rukiafan
tugatech
batman_il
dotdotdot
sfoop
Derri
Rogo
hart123
nextlevelgaming
Charisma Clash
Ape
Alexaderr
Talk
Tonight
Mariofan13
levy
FairyTailRP
EndlessDream
BL@DE
Stewartw
Ivo94
Jophy
udarsha45
Macca_96
bob77707
Usui
usmc80
RPM
WickedSoul
Asriel
belokniznik
bucnong
Neymar1
tommycoo
Yuri Sophie
JAN2XONLINE
runawayhorses
LostLegend
Sanket
S-t-e-v-e-
Aconitin
Juskteez
SLGray
!_NICK_!
JennyorAlice
RadioHead
mioshi11
ANGrey
iPur3Talent
Shadow
146 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 11 Empty New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Shadow Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi there ! Hello

What do you think about the new improvements on your Forumotion's forums ?

Very Happy
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 11 Empty Re: New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by tugatech Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:16 pm

Mr.EasyBB,

errr, FM is free... You only pay if you want...
tugatech
tugatech
Forumember

Male Posts : 189
Language : Portuguese

Back to top Go down

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 11 Empty Re: New Forumotion updates : your opinion !

Post by Ultron's Vision Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Such harsh code, the .destroy() makes it seem so brutal.

Anyway, I do agree with Mr.EasyBB and runawayhorses as well as E-Mark.
While I haven't gotten the editor to properly work for me (I am bound to my mobile phone until tomorrow), I think a little more precaution should've been taken while implementing this feature. I am in no way saying that this update is tedious or bad or anything of this, but customizability should be the key focus for a FM forum, and when such option cannot be reversed or cannot be guaranteed to work over 90% of the time (Yes, I do know that this is a beta test - a forced one, though), I think it is irresponsible to put up for every forum without previous notification.
I do like the new functions of the editor from what I have seen being said in topics, so I will not claim anything untrue about this before I haven't tested this.
Thank you for considering our opinions Smile
Ultron's Vision
Ultron's Vision
Forumember

Male Posts : 634
Language : English | German | HTML | JavaScript | PHP | C++ | Perl | Java

http://duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tugatech Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Also agree. 
This should before pass for a "test" period before be applied to all...
tugatech
tugatech
Forumember

Male Posts : 189
Language : Portuguese

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:03 pm

Tugatech errrrrr no duh and I pay cuz I'm not cheap and have a running site. Point being I pay and should be the one with more control not them. We don't have access to php which is fine but not having access to thr option of this is ridiculous. Once you understand coding then talk to me till then understand that people do pay and not jist keep the free domain
Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Language : HTML/CSS/JS/JQUERY/MOOTOOLS

http://www.avacweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by margierose Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Don't care for them. Some of my members can't read the smiles. Unless you click on them. Some people don't have great eyes anymore. They should be thinking of them also. Is this the way it's going to be now?
margierose
margierose

Female Posts : 1
Language : English

http://margiesgraphics.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara09 Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:00 am

Mr.EasyBB you are probably one of the very few who do pay for their own domain. I guarantee the majority 
of members complaining here don't. Also, isn't it the domain you are paying for....the forum is still free? 

Nevertheless, in your case, I do understand the frustrations of not having a choice.

.....and big deal you know a bit of code. That doesn't make your opinions more important than anyone else's 
here. The fact that you are paying might (to FM), but weather you can code or not means nothing (to anyone) tongue.
Tara09
Tara09
Forumember

Female Posts : 29

http://illusions.forum8.biz/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:22 am

@Tara point being of knowing codes of many aspects is knowing the load on the site, the unneeded additions. They add the jQuery Cookie twice, once for the toolbar and once for the editor, does not need that. You need the Cookie Plugin once and can use it through out the entire site. Like I've stated this code is well over 9000+ lines for one editor. I had a much cleaner editor, that parsed the BBCodes that I needed with LGBB, as more such as integration of smilies dialog, slider for font size, moderator tools to focus if moderator is using. Point being with my code and LGBB that was 200 compared to 9000. And still its easy to come join a site, but to create something which is CROSS BROWSER compatible, and user friendly that is knowing codes. So like I said talk to me when you know your stuff.

Furthermore I pay yes, I pay for advertise removal, space, and domain. Which is through GODADDY, forumotion gets all domains registered through GOdaddy. I know the price is a huge difference. We are paying for their site to stay up and running good, we are the ones making the difference, not those of whom suck off free everything. I know plenty of members who pay! I once was satisfied with my site, now its all ridiculous that have my tutorials are useless since this d*** update. I'll make sure I give as much bad reviews as I can.
Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:37 am

margierose wrote:Don't care for them. Some of my members can't read the smiles. Unless you click on them. Some people don't have great eyes anymore. They should be thinking of them also. Is this the way it's going to be now?
You will find a solution to your smiley problem on the first post of this thread.
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671-only-topic-new-editor

For others, please don't make a fuss of the situation with personal issues. Please, try to help users who are facing problems & which can be sorted. Those who are developing might have their own reasons to do what they did. We all should trust in them to fix the issues. Thank you.

Mr.EasyBB, mind your language. Only the *** cannot be used to justify what you are writing. I won't remind you again.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:39 am

Well we have taken it all for granted for several years so it came as a shock and, not being particularly pc literate, a little panic on what it means for our forum.

However with a little intelligent research and actually reading the posts that have been offered to help us, a few adjustments and our forum is working a lot better now.

No we didn't need the stress, no we shouldn't have to tweak and fiddle around to restore something that was fine in the first place, but it has happened and energy is better spent reading and learning and adjusting what needs to be adjusted in order to make your forum work with this new editor.

We have changed some codes and the smilies are fine now and those of us struggling under IE have switched to FF and find things a lot easier.

So I advise others to stop stamping their feet and see what they need to do to improve this as it is not going to go away no matter how much you shout.
alicia
alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:39 am

Alright sorry Sanket I'll remember it next time man.
Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:41 am

alicia, what you have written is agreed by me 200%.

Thank you for writing it.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Mark Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:45 am

The lines doesn't matter as long as the codes used on the editor will be sufficient enough to be entitled as "safe" and "good" (without errors) as much as possible. So i hope it is on that way.

What i'm really confuse about is applying this beta editor on all forums and make it as an official already. Anyway, i appreciate this techies of FM for updating and improving this editor everyday. salut
E-Mark
E-Mark
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1412

http://coding-spot.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:41 am

E-Mark lines do matter, as they put weight to your page, especially if Sam Clarke (Creator of the Editor) uses .each() which is a heavy jQuery extension. Now if he uses for-loop great that saved some weight. Weight matters because the more lines that the code is separated by lines causes more weight, now if it was minified maybe it wouldn't matter but a lot of it isn't minified. I already have some fixes for IE
Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Mark Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:55 am

Well, everyone has their own ways of using codes on creating such things. There might be other purpose for making it to a looong line script. 
And as the editor was implemented, days already passed, there were no issues reported regarding a heavy loading on their forums. New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 11 3482653588

Well, this is my opinion. Smile
E-Mark
E-Mark
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1412

http://coding-spot.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopalong Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:34 am

I like it and appreciate the support you guys have given us, but is there a way to make the editor default to Source Mode instead of WYSIWYG?
Hopalong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:38 am

Hopalong wrote:I like it and appreciate the support you guys have given us, but is there a way to make the editor default to Source Mode instead of WYSIWYG?
Thanks.

Check this thread's first post For turning off the WYSYIWYG by default:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671-only-topic-new-editor#830465
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by HarleyThomas Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 am

Improvements where?

I can't do squat via the mobile site outside of post (editting would be nice) and I can barely do anything via the original site on mobile.
HarleyThomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Calidae Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:17 am

Alright, I am losing my patience with this new editor. I'm sorry if I sound a little bit rude, but its still in Beta and I would've appreciated it if you had given us the choice to change the editor back to the older one. I loved the old one, it was simple and it didn't change anything in your post. This editor is different, and I'm getting upset with it.
I'm using a lot of HTML in my post, to design my RPG posts with a nice template, and make character introductions with it. But now, when I want to edit my post or anything, it changes the whole HTML into something simple. When I send it, the whole template has changed in something ugly. I'm really upset with this, because I do have worked hard in making them and now I can't even use them anymore because when I want their code, they are already messed up. 

Can you please, please, give us the option to change it back? Lots of people would love it, I guess. Or just change it back at all, I think you guys have worked hard on it, but to me it is the best to just change it back.
Calidae

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 am

Calidae wrote:Alright, I am losing my patience with this new editor. I'm sorry if I sound a little bit rude, but its still in Beta and I would've appreciated it if you had given us the choice to change the editor back to the older one. I loved the old one, it was simple and it didn't change anything in your post. This editor is different, and I'm getting upset with it.
I'm using a lot of HTML in my post, to design my RPG posts with a nice template, and make character introductions with it. But now, when I want to edit my post or anything, it changes the whole HTML into something simple. When I send it, the whole template has changed in something ugly. I'm really upset with this, because I do have worked hard in making them and now I can't even use them anymore because when I want their code, they are already messed up. 

Can you please, please, give us the option to change it back? Lots of people would love it, I guess. Or just change it back at all, I think you guys have worked hard on it, but to me it is the best to just change it back.
Many of the issues with the text editor has been fixed - https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p720-only-topic-new-editor#833954 .

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 11 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Calidae Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:52 pm

SLGray wrote:
Calidae wrote:Alright, I am losing my patience with this new editor. I'm sorry if I sound a little bit rude, but its still in Beta and I would've appreciated it if you had given us the choice to change the editor back to the older one. I loved the old one, it was simple and it didn't change anything in your post. This editor is different, and I'm getting upset with it.

Many of the issues with the text editor has been fixed - https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p720-only-topic-new-editor#833954 .
Alright, thats great.
But I am still having trouble with it. I still have a problem with the list
code, because when I edit it, and I have placed the list code like this:
Code:
[list][*] [Text here][/list]
and when I edit it, it changes to this:
Code:
[list]
[*] [Text here]
[/list]
It looks really messy, because the list takes a lot of space after I have edited it. I can return it every time to the first code, but since I have many lists in one post, it takes me too long for such a simple thing. 

EDIT: It also changes the font your using, is there anything I can do against it? So I can edit my post, without having to change the font codes and list codes back every, single time? Do I have to put the font I'm using in the list code?
Calidae

Language : Dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Thats the way lists are supposed to lay out on a document separated like that, I doubt you'll be able to change that and put it all in one line in your posts.

Have you tried using html list coding? When you say changes the font do you mean style or size or color?

Here is the html code for lists, but you must have html enabled on your forum for it to work.

unordered list:
Code:
<ul>
<li>some text here</li>
<li>And some more text here</li>
</ul>

Ordered list:
Code:
<ol>
<li>order list text here</li>
<li>more text here</li>
</ol>
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm not a fan of a majority of the updates. I do LOVE the updated mobile usage, it's so nice being able to take my tablet with me and check on my site from wherever, post replies, and just general participation.

I truly despise the new message box. I have a dark background on my forum and this just looks so out of place and it totally throws everything off balance.

I don't care for the new placement of the emoticons. It looks messy and seems like all of them are squashed up tiny and just look horrible. Kind of embarrassing actually to have people on my forum and see this.

I do like the new toolbar, nice touch although I can't use it in Chrome...(not your fault...it's Chrome) and my members seem to like it.

These changes have affected my 'new post' sections. I am missing my icons.

So I guess, half is good and the other half...not so good and I'd rather have the actual forum changes back to the way they were. It just doesn't look neat like it use to.

I also pay for the added services on my forum, but I don't ask for anything special because of it, I'd just like to have a bit more input on things before something so major transforms our forums.

Thanks bunches!!
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Female Posts : 147

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:08 pm

Forumotion usually does not announce an update before it is installed. It is usually after it has been installed.

New Forumotion updates : your opinion !  - Page 11 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:11 pm

cecesaun1 wrote:I do like the new toolbar, nice touch although I can't use it in Chrome...(not your fault...it's Chrome) and my members seem to like it.
Hi, I've never heard of Chrome having an issue with the forumotion toolbar, but if you would like to mention it here in this topic of the forum at the link below which is about browser issues and how they relate to forumotion, you can do so there and perhaps others can help figure out why its not working on your chrome.

https://help.forumotion.com/t124965-microsoft-no-longer-supporting-xp-ends-april-8-2014
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:12 pm

Maybe they should rethink this then. I always announce possible changes on my forum as well as as for input so everyone, or at least  many, are satisfied with the end result. Just a suggestion...:wouhou:
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by cecesaun1 Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:14 pm

runawayhorses wrote:
cecesaun1 wrote:I do like the new toolbar, nice touch although I can't use it in Chrome...(not your fault...it's Chrome) and my members seem to like it.
Hi, I've never heard of Chrome having an issue with the forumotion toolbar, but if you would like to mention it here in this topic of the forum at the link below which is about browser issues and how they relate to forumotion, you can do so there and perhaps others can help figure out why its not working on your chrome.

https://help.forumotion.com/t124965-microsoft-no-longer-supporting-xp-ends-april-8-2014
I will do this. Maybe it can help others or myself. But I do think it's mainly Chrome because it affects other areas of the web...Facebook is affected as well.
cecesaun1
cecesaun1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:18 pm

Personally I like the update..........

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyborregaard Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:49 am

Am i the only one whos having problems with quoting? I have to switch editor mode every time i have to quoite somebody Confused
jimmyborregaard

Language : Kastrup, Denmark

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:27 am

SLGray wrote:

cecesaun1 wrote:Maybe they should rethink this then. I always announce possible changes on my forum as well as as for input so everyone, or at least  many, are satisfied with the end result. Just a suggestion...:wouhou:

cecesaun1 wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:

I will do this. Maybe it can help others or myself. But I do think it's mainly Chrome because it affects other areas of the web...Facebook is affected as well.
Please avoid double posting, use the EDIT button instead.
jimmyborregaard wrote:Am i the only one whos having problems with quoting? I have to switch editor mode every time i have to quoite somebody Confused
Hello, it was a known issue, you can report all problems regarding the new editor, posting, quoting etc. on the thread provided by SLGray above. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by ILikeApples Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:37 pm

i like them cool but ad free would be better Very Happy
ILikeApples

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next