The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Admin Panel: Making Someone Multiple Ranks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Admin Panel: Making Someone Multiple Ranks

Post by thetechoverload on February 8th 2013, 4:57 pm

Basically, I am trying to set someone as more than one rank(Eg: Staff, Admin, Manager) so that he has multiple Rank Badges that show up for him/her. How exactly would I do this?

Edit : If My Site is needed, here is the URL : http://www.synthscape.forumid.net

thetechoverload
New Member

Posts : 22
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin Panel: Making Someone Multiple Ranks

Post by Calιbuяn on February 8th 2013, 5:01 pm

You can't unfortunately. The best you could do would be to open an image manipulation program and just increase the height of the image by X and place all ranks in there, spaced out evenly.

Calιbuяn
Forumember

Male Posts : 386
Reputation : 38
Language : English
Location : Detroit, MI

http://lazarusexp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin Panel: Making Someone Multiple Ranks

Post by Guest on February 8th 2013, 5:02 pm

It's simple just to add another profile field and customize it. However, that would require having the text show twice, rather than one text and multiple images. Maybe this will help: =)

http://help.forumotion.com/t119791-second-rank-can-i-make-it?highlight=multiple+rank+images

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Admin Panel: Making Someone Multiple Ranks

Post by thetechoverload on February 8th 2013, 5:02 pm

@Calιbuяn wrote:You can't unfortunately. The best you could do would be to open an image manipulation program and just increase the height of the image by X and place all ranks in there, spaced out evenly.

Ok then. Well thanks. Will put this as "Complete"

thetechoverload
New Member

Posts : 22
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin Panel: Making Someone Multiple Ranks

Post by thetechoverload on February 8th 2013, 5:03 pm

@Leah7 wrote:It's simple just to add another profile field and customize it. However, that would require having the text show twice, rather than one text and multiple images. Maybe this will help: =)

http://help.forumotion.com/t119791-second-rank-can-i-make-it?highlight=multiple+rank+images

Wait Nevermind, I will check out your link, then I will decide.

thetechoverload
New Member

Posts : 22
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin Panel: Making Someone Multiple Ranks

Post by thetechoverload on February 8th 2013, 5:06 pm

@thetechoverload wrote:
@Leah7 wrote:It's simple just to add another profile field and customize it. However, that would require having the text show twice, rather than one text and multiple images. Maybe this will help: =)

http://help.forumotion.com/t119791-second-rank-can-i-make-it?highlight=multiple+rank+images

Wait Nevermind, I will check out your link, then I will decide.

Edit: Actually Leah if you could try to explain to me what he is trying to say then I think I will be on my merry way Very Happy

SanketYes wrote: just make a profile field of Image list & add the ranks.

thetechoverload
New Member

Posts : 22
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin Panel: Making Someone Multiple Ranks

Post by Jophy on February 8th 2013, 5:17 pm

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Admin Panel: Making Someone Multiple Ranks

Post by Darth Apple on February 8th 2013, 6:22 pm

As the others have said above, you can only have one "rank" per user. What I like to do when there is need for more than one "rank" is to have multiple profile fields. You can have as many profile fields as you want, and can use those to add multiple badges. It's worked very well for me.

Darth Apple
Forumember

Posts : 122
Reputation : 12
Language : English
Location : Between the moon and mars

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum