The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HTML module naming

2 posters

Go down

In progress HTML module naming

Post by Macca_96 February 10th 2013, 7:04 am

Is it possible to choose the subdomain name for the HTML page? Eg I want ............forumotion.com/home so that I can direct people to this page and from here they click on link to access forum
Macca_96
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: HTML module naming

Post by kirk February 10th 2013, 7:31 am

Macca_96 wrote:Is it possible to choose the subdomain name for the HTML page? Eg I want ............forumotion.com/home so that I can direct people to this page and from here they click on link to access forum

Not possible.
when creating a html page the link with be the title of your page along with a h number for the html page number it is, The domain with will be the sub-domain you created for your forum , or your Domitian if you have purchased one.

Last edited by kirk on February 10th 2013, 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca_96 February 10th 2013, 7:40 am

Um that doesnt really make sense mate. So what it the URL for the HTML page (the one you create under the modules tab).
Macca_96
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk February 10th 2013, 8:52 am

Macca_96 wrote:Um that doesn't really make sense mate. So what it the URL for the HTML page (the one you create under the modules tab).

Create a html page, title it TEST PAGE and put anything in it, just a couple letters numbers whatever and click submit. now you will see the link that was created or that html page.

Like here is a page i had for someone that was having problem with some tables on a html page a while back.

the link is like this.

http://kirkstestboard4.nstars.org/h3-new-table-page

My sub-domian is kirkstestboard4.nstars.org because i did not get my own domain for this forum. I am using the sub domain provided upon the forums creation.

Now you see h3.
h3 is the html page number ,say you create a 100 pages each page will have the html page number in the link h followed buy the html page number. so if it is page 1oo then it would be h100 etc...

then the title of that page is new-table-page.

When you create your test page as i said , if you do not yet have any html pages it should have your domain, and h1 and will be called TEST PAGE.

Now if you have your own domain, then it will add your domain to the link,.
As far as altering the link and adding your old sub-domain link in place of it, not sure if that will work and would have to test it. And i mean you cant alter the link to something else it is not, because it don't exists.

Dose that help you understand it better now?

Last edited by kirk on February 10th 2013, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca_96 February 10th 2013, 8:56 am

Ok i understand. I was just hoping it could be under /home cause I want to post recruitment threads on other sites and direct them there
Macca_96
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk February 10th 2013, 8:58 am

Macca_96 wrote:Ok i understand. I was just hoping it could be under /home cause I want to post recruitment threads on other sites and direct them there

You can have your html page set as your home page if thats what you want.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca_96 February 10th 2013, 9:00 am

But that would require using forum header and footer, wouldnt it?
Macca_96
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk February 10th 2013, 9:11 am

Macca_96 wrote:But that would require using forum header and footer, wouldnt it?

No. you dont have to select that

when creating the html page you will see Use this page as homepage ? option select yes.
then you can either add that code forumotion has there, or go to the link provided and choose another one.

then after you add that to the somewhere to the html page go to..

Admin panel>Display>Homepage>Generalities

then at the top there you will see Your forum redirects to :
select HTML page and click save. Now your html page will be set as your home page Very good
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Macca_96 February 10th 2013, 10:19 am

Ah ok I'll give that a try. So I will need to delete page and do it again then? Thanx for the help
Macca_96
Forumember

Back to top Go down