The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Future upgrades

View previous topic View next topic Go down

should we have the choice of which compulsory "upgrades" to install?

56% 56% 
[ 5 ]
44% 44% 
[ 4 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Future upgrades

Post by Guest on February 8th 2008, 8:36 pm

When the next batch of upgrades is approved could we be given the choice of whether we want them or not?
What may be a relevant upgrade voted on and passed in the French forums may not be what we on the English forums want or need.
So my suggestion is a set of buttons in the admin panel with the latest upgrades and a choice as to install or not to install.
The reason I am suggesting this is since the latest batch of "upgrades" my forum has run badly from the dire to the annoying.

Back to top Go down

Re: Future upgrades

Post by 17volt on February 8th 2008, 10:26 pm

I agree with you. Some upgrades actually made stuff more bad than good. Like my quick reply box, which is pretty much screwed up somehow...

17volt

Language : dutch

Back to top Go down

Post by hitesh on February 9th 2008, 1:34 pm

I think this will disclose all the things and surprises.

Moreover all upgrades are option and can set no in the admin panel. I am noting in any how right now. If you are thinking that i dont understand the question tell me. After that i will want so that my vote does not go wrong!

hitesh
Forumember

Male Posts : 988
Language : English, Indian Languages

http://forum.cricketgod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 9th 2008, 8:41 pm

Some upgrades are put on by the techs and the first thing you know about them is when your forum starts to run badly (or a week later when there is a post about them).
I think the ability to say no would give us a little more control over our forums.

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex on February 9th 2008, 8:48 pm

it is not a week later when a post is made about them badger, they are made the same day or the very next day about upgrades in announcements. I have been on many free forums in my time and forumotion is the only one i know that regulary updates and adds new features.

I vote no. We have the option to turn off what we dont want. I would hate to choose not to install an update, then six months down the line, when its all working, suddenly decide i want it and cant have it anymore as i very much doubt they will be able to keep each new update open for downloading as they ae constantly providing newer ones.

zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on March 16th 2013, 10:26 am

This is impractical be to be implemented.

Garbaged

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum