The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Topic Icons and Some other questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Topic Icons and Some other questions

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 3rd 2013, 3:34 pm

1. How do I create topic icons? i want to create those topic icons for different sub-forums, help needed. ( like solved and complete in here )

2. Is it possible to add some sort of a Question in registration process? If so, how?

3. In the profile fields, is it possible to add a small icon next to choice in drop down menu?
Like there is a preset for male and female, i have created more, and I want color and icon for them.

4. A head announcement in the forums (different for each) ?

5. Is it possible to change the image "Background picture (row title)" to only show in category name background and not all the row titles?

Forum Link
Invision

A super thanx in advanced!

Rhino.Freak
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1243
Language : English

http://freetest.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Topic Icons and Some other questions

Post by Sir Chivas™ on March 3rd 2013, 4:17 pm

http://help.forumotion.com/t86303-topic-icons-how-to-add-a-solved-icon
(ACP --> Display --> Pics Management --> Advanced --> Click on the Topic Icons tab)

2. Go to ACP >> Users & Groups >> Profiles >> When you're creating a new one, just simply check: Necessarily filled ? []Yes

3. Can you please provide a screenshot? If you want to add color text an icon you can. Just simply Edit the icons and add the color from;
Name : _______ [HEX Color Option]
URL icon : add the url of the icon here..

Just simply use the options when creating the thread,

Yours will probably different options..
Also, change this: ACP >> General >> Messages & E-mails >> Separate announcements and stickies from the messages : []With a Table

5. Which one are you speaking of? Please provide a screenshot to make yourself more clear. Thank you.

Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Language : English, Spanish, and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on March 3rd 2013, 5:18 pm

rino.freak wrote:1. How do I create topic icons? i want to create those topic icons for different sub-forums, help needed. ( like solved and complete in here )

2. Is it possible to add some sort of a Question in registration process? If so, how?

3. In the profile fields, is it possible to add a small icon next to choice in drop down menu?
Like there is a preset for male and female, i have created more, and I want color and icon for them.

4. A head announcement in the forums (different for each) ?

5. Is it possible to change the image "Background picture (row title)" to only show in category name background and not all the row titles?

The short answer to all your questions is yes,the profile fields are fully customizable.
Under where it says icon in the profile fields you create the profile field then upload an icon of your choice.

As for random question I am nor sure if you can or not, although you many be able to do it with CSS,though I don't know how.

What you could do is create a text zone profile field and type in a question like "How did you find this forum."Then make it a mandatory profile field so that users must fill it in on registration.

Then users would type in whatever answer, only it would not be random question as such. You would have to change the question yourself every few days or so. So it's not quite the same thing as the anti-spam feature random question.

Yes you can also add a home page announcement. Although I have only used this feature once,I think you can have more than one announcement.
You can also add background images to your forum theme as well as change the page background color.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 3rd 2013, 5:41 pm

Thanx for answers

1. Can I add diff. of them in each forum? Like in "support forum" there shows only solved and in "abc" forum, there be "xyz", "123" etc..

2. I dont want to it to be profile field, just in registration.

3. How can I add color to it?
E.g :
Profile field -> Favorite color
Options -> red (a small red icon)
Blue etc..
How?

4. I want a header announcement to be diff. in each sub-forum.

Rhino.Freak
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on March 3rd 2013, 5:49 pm

Yes I think you can. Though there is also a setting where it says allow other members to modify the topic title. Then if you select yes,you then have the option of enabling the text "solved."
Then if the topic is solved the members just click this option and it then says solved in brackets in the topic title.
But I never locked threads on my forum unless I had to,I myself prefer to leave them open,in case other members want to still post there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on March 3rd 2013, 6:04 pm

@ Andrea Bormen: Please if you know the answer please post it, do not post if you're not sure.

1. Not possible.
2. Click on, display only: you can choose where to display
3. You can create a profile: Image list, that way they have options of choosing the image color. Read more here:
http://help.forumotion.com/t11187-personalized-profile-fields-warning-system

4. I don't fully understand.

Attention!

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on March 3rd 2013, 6:36 pm

I am sorry about that,CJ11.
I knew the answers to some of the questions the OP was asking but not all of them.
I have looked at the link you gave me and it does explain things more clearly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 4th 2013, 8:39 am

"A List
This allows you to do the same as the element among a list, but with images. For this to work you must ad the URL to each image, one per line."

i can't do that, how can I please help?

Where to add url link and how to make options colored??

Rhino.Freak
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on March 4th 2013, 12:49 pm

Have you tried following the same steps that they give you with the warning system? Instead of creating a warning system you're creating a multiple choose where they can select the image. And you can't color the option.

Attention!

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum