The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Removing post count in sections/categories

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ability to remove post count from designated sections/categories

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Removing post count in sections/categories

Post by JaK on March 6th 2013, 8:25 am

On my forum we bestow certain rewards based on your overall activity, and we check the level of that by overall post count for how much you've been contributing. However, on our forum we have game sections where people can post 3 to 2 word one liners and rack up maybe 20 to 40 posts in one day.

I had the idea to remove the post count from the game/chat sections, leaving only the sections that discuss the main concerns and topics (in our case it's our roleplay section) with the ability to up your actual post count. I've been to other sites where this can be done simply by the admins. However, I noticed it was not a feature of forum-motion and thought I should propose the ability to remove the post count or rather the ability to add to a member's overall post count from designated sections/categories by the Admins.

JaK

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Removing post count in sections/categories

Post by Sanket on March 6th 2013, 8:33 am

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaK on March 6th 2013, 5:08 pm

I see, umm but question? I noticed that the option has gotten overwhelming support and is still not a feature? Does that mean that the answer is no. I believe someone stated in that thread it's been years since it was suggested.

JaK

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on March 6th 2013, 5:14 pm

The number of votes does not guarantee a feature to be added. There are other factors which need to be taken into account when deciding if a new feature is added or not.

For example, the complexity of the feature; time needed to develop the feature etc. A large number of yes votes shows that the community is in favour of the suggested feature and nothing more.

That being said, you may choose to support this idea in the topic given to you above.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum