The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumotion Spam filter

2 posters

Go down

In progress Forumotion Spam filter

Post by S-t-e-v-e- April 2nd 2013, 5:29 pm

it's about time forumotion look into this problem we all could be losing members because of it, I'm at a point where i may be better off making my own forum so i can look after these issues myself.

can someone tell me why someone who doesn't even read email so they couldn't be blacklist by google get banned on my forum?

Lizzie wrote:It has taken me numerous attempts to log in this evening. Each time I have tried I was shown the message that 'suspicious activity" had been detected on my account.

Please could you explain as I cannot understand this.

Thank you

Lizzie
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Forumotion Spam filter

Post by Sanket April 2nd 2013, 7:08 pm

Possible, because that email has been added to that list. What happens after she verifies the account?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- April 2nd 2013, 8:08 pm

she couldn't do anything till i change her password and log on to her account,

what worry me is they are people who see the message and decide just to leave the forum altogether.

edit: why cant forumotion add a list on our admin panel of members who as been banned on our forum and let us choice if they spam or real people this is the only way of fixing this problem

Last edited by S-t-e-v-e- on April 2nd 2013, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 2nd 2013, 8:10 pm

She must be getting that page, where she verifies the account? Doesn't she follow the procedure of verifying the account?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- April 2nd 2013, 8:12 pm

Sanket wrote:She must be getting that page, where she verifies the account? Doesn't she follow the procedure of verifying the account?

90% of my members are not very good on pc's and when they see these thing they think what i have done wrong and panic.
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 2nd 2013, 8:18 pm

The user needs to fill in that verification form herself.

Please check this thread too.
https://help.forumotion.com/t122081-forumotion-anti-spamonline-guardian-plugin-broken-member-cannot-log-in#807792
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- April 2nd 2013, 8:34 pm

i dont think you understand my member are not very good on the pc they have a silly amount of problem posting a post, so they will give up on the first hurdle for this, i only know about this problem from member who as posted a lot on here who know the basic of the internet what about the people who hasn't told me. this has to be improve or a forum like my who nearly got 10,000 a 1,000 could be banned without me knowing which is not helping me to grow my forum.
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 2nd 2013, 9:30 pm

There is nothing that could be done. Its been added as a safety feature, the only way to avoid it would be to fill up the form there.

I don't know what else can i suggest you other than this. Sorry.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- April 2nd 2013, 9:55 pm

it's not a very good safety feature if it just random blocking people this feature need a rethink.

idea for a better one give us a option in the admin panel to tell you who a bot or not. if you have more then 3 report of a email you blacklist it

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 2nd 2013, 9:57 pm

Please make a suggestion if any in the proper section so it gets noticed.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- April 2nd 2013, 10:07 pm

it's pointless me making a suggestion because everyone dont like it or dont vote for it but the suggestion i do make would improve forumotion to be more like a real hosted forum,

it would be useful if you put up a frequently asked questions tutorials so i can & others could copy over to our forum to add in our announcements forums
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket April 2nd 2013, 10:12 pm

As i said, this is not the place to suggest anything. We cannot guarantee if any suggestion is accepted or not either.

Sorry, but its pointless to add this to frequently asked questions, because there are endless amount of questions. All cannot be added. You can check the FAQ in my signature.

I don't understand, whats the problem in asking the user to fill up the form. I am sure the user would be willing to do it. Assuming the user won't like it, is not helping the user at all.

I am sorry, but i really cannot add anything more useful to this query as I have already pointed you in the right direction Wink

All the best.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down