The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

better forumotion spam filter

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

do you agree

55% 55% 
[ 6 ]
45% 45% 
[ 5 ]
 
Total Votes : 11

better forumotion spam filter

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on April 2nd 2013, 10:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Because of the one we have already is not not fit for purpose because it keep block random members for no reason we need this feature to be improved

it shouldn't hard to do forumotion making their our spam filter by using us as a filter tool if 4/5 different forum report the same email address that email address should be blacklist this option would be 1000times better then the one at the moment.

edit: who in their real mind would vote no blackeye maybe time for me to move, RANDOM members are getting block for no reason for god sake!!

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Posts : 450
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down


Re: better forumotion spam filter

Post by Ultron's Vision on May 6th 2013, 10:50 pm

Andrea Borman wrote:
@Ultron's Vision wrote:Voted No.

If the correct options on forumotion's Admin Panel are set (Enable unofficial forms -> No, Enable Flood Control -> 30 seconds, Enable Captcha and E-Mail Confirmation for newly registering users), spam is literally non-existent and only caused by upset members who did not follow a forum's rules.
Sadly that's not true. As the spam filter is blocking out users of other Forumotion forums that have all of those features enabled.

I have never encountered such problem in my entire career as forumotion admin on various forums.

Hence why I voted for No.

Ultron's Vision
Forumember

Male Posts : 634
Reputation : 45
Language : English | German | HTML | JavaScript | PHP | C++ | Perl | Java
Location : Vienna, Austria

http://duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Re: better forumotion spam filter

Post by runawayhorses on May 7th 2013, 12:21 am

I agree Derri, who cares about spam anyway for crying out loud , its one click away from being deleted and the spammer banned. I've had my forum for 5 years and not once has it ever been spammed 'professionally'. Oh I've had a member or two join just to leave a link but nothing outrageous like bombing the forum with 20 spam posts, maybe just one or 2. That was 3 years ago.

I say disable the worthless piece of garbage and let members deal with it themselves, or at least allow the Admin to disable it.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: better forumotion spam filter

Post by Guest on May 7th 2013, 4:52 am

I agree with you Runawayhorses. All this Online Guardian plugin is doing is blocking out innocent users and admins who are not spammers.It is also ruining the forums,as it's blocking members. So yes give us the option to disable it. Since Forumotion cannot and won't fix it. We should have the option to disable that plugin anyway,since it's our forum.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: better forumotion spam filter

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on May 7th 2013, 8:08 pm

@Ultron's Vision wrote:
Andrea Borman wrote:
@Ultron's Vision wrote:Voted No.

If the correct options on forumotion's Admin Panel are set (Enable unofficial forms -> No, Enable Flood Control -> 30 seconds, Enable Captcha and E-Mail Confirmation for newly registering users), spam is literally non-existent and only caused by upset members who did not follow a forum's rules.
Sadly that's not true. As the spam filter is blocking out users of other Forumotion forums that have all of those features enabled.

I have never encountered such problem in my entire career as forumotion admin on various forums.

Hence why I voted for No.

This is a know issue on forumotion members on all supporting forum as reported this issue...

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Posts : 450
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: better forumotion spam filter

Post by Zacbonic/Albinotiger on May 7th 2013, 8:57 pm

If this would be have the option too delete it topic i would of voted yes but... It is not. Since this problem is on almost on almost every spam filters, No use in changing it, as this would make it worst Confused

Zacbonic/Albinotiger
Forumember

Male Posts : 92
Reputation : 3
Language : English, Spanish, French,And Dutch
Location : United states

http://redwood.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: better forumotion spam filter

Post by runawayhorses on May 7th 2013, 9:28 pm

@Zacbonic/Albinotiger wrote:If this would be have the option too delete it topic i would of voted yes but... It is not. Since this problem is on almost on almost every spam filters, No use in changing it, as this would make it worst Confused
What a splendid display of logic and common sense..

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: better forumotion spam filter

Post by Sanket on May 8th 2013, 6:32 am

@runawayhorses wrote:
@Zacbonic/Albinotiger wrote:If this would be have the option too delete it topic i would of voted yes but... It is not. Since this problem is on almost on almost every spam filters, No use in changing it, as this would make it worst Confused
What a splendid display of logic and common sense..
Please do not make personal comments about any user, it could turn into a flame war.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: better forumotion spam filter

Post by runawayhorses on May 10th 2013, 6:08 am

Andrea Borman wrote:I agree with you Runawayhorses. All this Online Guardian plugin is doing is blocking out innocent users and admins who are not spammers.It is also ruining the forums,as it's blocking members. So yes give us the option to disable it. Since Forumotion cannot and won't fix it. We should have the option to disable that plugin anyway,since it's our forum.
My guess is the reason they haven't "Fixed" it is because they are not convinced its malfunctioning. The owners might think its working fine and the people getting blocked have reason to be, although admittedly it is strange that they would allow someone in charge of a support forum to manually unblock them.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: better forumotion spam filter

Post by Jophy on May 15th 2014, 7:05 am

Suggestion clean up.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum