The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easier way to delete?

2 posters

Go down

Solved Easier way to delete?

Post by EarthboundHobo April 3rd 2013, 7:51 am

Greetings forumotion helpers. I have a forum I haven't touched in years, but im getting back into janitor'ing it up.
I'm looking for an easier way to delete topics, but keep the forums they were attached to. Because right now, all I can seem to do is either go into the topics and delete post after post until the topic doesn't exist, or delete the forum/category as a whole. Any help, please?
Side note - I realize this has probably been answered before, and im sorry for this, but I honestly did try ctrl+f'ing my way through the FAQ to find my problem. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by EarthboundHobo on April 3rd 2013, 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : solved.)
EarthboundHobo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Easier way to delete?

Post by Jophy April 3rd 2013, 7:56 am

Hello,

You can delete the forum itself and choose to delete its posts Delete or you can use the moderator control panel where you can mass delete the topics page by page, here's a guide on how to use it:

Using the Moderator Control Panel

To access the moderator control panel, at the bottom of each forum you moderate is a link which says: you can moderate this forum. Clicking it will take you into the mod control panel for that forum.

In the mod control panel you can perform some mass moderation operations which are: lock, unlock, move or delete any number of topics. You cannot merge or split topics in the mod control panel.

To delete mass topics in the mod control panel, check all of the topics you want to delete and then at the bottom of the list, click 'delete' button. It will ask you if you are sure before performing the mass deletion.

To mass move topics in the mod control panel check all the topics you want to move and then at the bottom of the list, click 'move' button. You can then choose the forum you want to move the topics too and let you choose whether to leave shadow topics or not and ask you if you are sure before performing the mass move.

To mass lock topics, check all the topics you want to lock then at the bottom of the list click 'lock' button.

To mass unlock topics, check all the topics you want to unlock then at the bottom ofg the list, click 'unlock' button

Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by EarthboundHobo April 3rd 2013, 8:04 am

Oh geezus crisp, I feel incredibly dumb for not noticing that previously.
salut <--- closest I could get to a face palm/head smack.
Thanks once again, marking as solved now.
EarthboundHobo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 3rd 2013, 8:12 am

No problem, glad to help Very Happy

Topic Solved & Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924