The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Review Section Suggestion - Suggesting a New Rule

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should a new rule be implemented that when requesting a review, the person who requested the review should provide an account for the person doing the review?

88% 88% 
[ 7 ]
12% 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Review Section Suggestion - Suggesting a New Rule

Post by Derri on April 15th 2013, 8:32 am

Hello,

I've really taken a keen interest in doing Forumotion Forum Reviews and this is why I am making this suggestion. I have now completed two full reviews as well as a number of graphic and area reviews using the latest templates on offer by the review team. When covering a full review I have noticed I've had to sign up to both forums to be able to access and see all of the features such as the chatbox and forum widgets and even statistics which are all key elements when doing a full review.

Currently it is not mandatory that an account is created by the forum administrator who requests the review and I've noticed this being a slight issue because it means I've had to create an account that will inevitably never be used again unless the person requests another review and I happen to tag it. However, this is not incredibly likely. I know I can simply private message the user and ask for an account to be created for me or ask for the account I created to be deleted but this can be some hassle and for people who don't check the FM support forum on a regular basis this might delay me and other members from carrying out the review to its full extent.

I therefore have a minor, yet useful suggestion. Can a rule be implemented that when requesting a full review or even an area review that an account must be provided by the person who requests the review. They can use the hide tag or PM it to whoever tags the review.

I know this is a minor suggestion and something that isn't a big deal. However it would be helpful and it would provide some benefit for the reviewer and the person who requests the review as they can remove or delete the account afterwards or keep it for another time.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Re: Review Section Suggestion - Suggesting a New Rule

Post by Rhino.Freak on April 15th 2013, 11:15 am

I agree, there are many many things which are not visible for guests in many forum and hence its not really reveiwed perfectly.. voted yes

Rhino.Freak
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1243
Language : English

http://freetest.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on April 15th 2013, 12:34 pm

I am a little confused. This is already in place? Confused
To request your forum to be reviewed, simply create a new topic, and put in the following codes according to what type of review your forum has the requirements for. Please don't edit the "Type of Review" field as it is completed for you already according to what type of review you want. You may also provide the reviewer a reviewing account on your forum by putting
You want it to be a must??

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on April 15th 2013, 5:39 pm

Yes, because currently I think a lot of people aren't aware that signing up is quite often a must to see some of the features of a forum. So yes I was suggesting it should be a must instead of a "if you wish" so to speak.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on April 15th 2013, 6:47 pm

Okay, we will consider it Wink

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion on April 15th 2013, 7:56 pm

I think that Derri is right, if they want a review of their forum they should provide an account that will allow the reviewer access to the area being reviewed. I have seen times where a review was semi completed because the reviewer couldn't access certain areas being requested to be reviewed. One should not have to register at a forum to conduct a review or to verify a Forum, if the Admin is requesting it.

BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 4451

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on April 16th 2013, 8:25 am

@Sanket wrote:Okay, we will consider it Wink

Thank you Smile

@BlackScorpion wrote:I think that Derri is right, if they want a review of their forum they should provide an account that will allow the reviewer access to the area being reviewed. I have seen times where a review was semi completed because the reviewer couldn't access certain areas being requested to be reviewed. One should not have to register at a forum to conduct a review or to verify a Forum, if the Admin is requesting it.

Thanks for the support.

I'd like to add that things like widgets can be hidden from guests and other things like forum stats and sections can be hidden and sometimes members don't catch on that these things are important things a reviewer looks for. I've always signed up to a forum when I've been doing a review but its generally easier if an account is provided for me because its rare I'll stay on the forum after the review is complete.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by LostLegend on April 16th 2013, 10:15 pm

I haven't seen many forums where this has proven to be an issue - generally for myself, if it isn't visible from a guest perspective, then the person requesting the review is missing out, and SO IS THEIR FORUM. If things are not obvious from MY perspective, they will not be for a prospective member either.

I personally don't see the need for a must for creating an account as it will mean that reviews will only contain what is visible to a member and therefore not help a site which is struggling to actually obtain members in the first place.

I understand your position though, but the above is my position.

LostLegend
Forumember

http://naruto-role-play-rpg.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion on April 17th 2013, 1:04 am

Legend, you do make a valid point. I forgot that the review is also for attracting potential members to their Forums.

BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 4451

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bazinga! on April 17th 2013, 5:40 pm

I would be okay with providing an account specifically for people to do reviews of my forum but I kind of agree with LostLegend.

Bazinga!
Forumember

Female Posts : 669
Language : U. S. English

http://fairytale.crazy4us.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on April 20th 2013, 5:40 pm

@LostLegend wrote:I haven't seen many forums where this has proven to be an issue - generally for myself, if it isn't visible from a guest perspective, then the person requesting the review is missing out, and SO IS THEIR FORUM. If things are not obvious from MY perspective, they will not be for a prospective member either.

I personally don't see the need for a must for creating an account as it will mean that reviews will only contain what is visible to a member and therefore not help a site which is struggling to actually obtain members in the first place.

I understand your position though, but the above is my position.

You make an excellent point Smile

I never considered this angle, while I've always look at it from both perspectives of guest and member. Its probably a good idea for it to remain a guest unless one specifically gives an account.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on April 21st 2013, 6:54 am

We're discussing this currently, to be able to give a complete review instead of making reviews incomplete in cases where we can't access some parts of a forum.

We'll see if we can incorporate new solution for this. Wink

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on April 21st 2013, 7:22 pm

Thanks for the update Jophy Smile

You people at Forumotion provide a good service.

All in all I'm just wanting to ensure I can provide a review that is both high quality and ensuring I get as much details as possible when completing my reviews. I know things will be overlooked when reviewing a forum as even if you spend hours viewing the forum we'll always miss little details but hopefully whatever you guys can come up with will help reduce this.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on April 29th 2013, 12:02 am

Sounds like a good plan to me, the forums owner can always change the pass or delete the account after the forum review has been completed as well Smile

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on May 10th 2013, 4:59 pm

The suggestion was implemented. Take a look at the latest update to see the changes made(May 9, 2013).
http://help.forumotion.com/t94763-review-rules-guidelines

Thank you for suggesting Wink

Suggestion Accepted

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum