The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Hide banned user`s topics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you like the idea?

33% 33% 
[ 3 ]
67% 67% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 9

Hide banned user`s topics

Post by invisible_fa on April 24th 2013, 3:20 pm

Hello.

As you know, in Forumotion have been recently added the option of hiding banned users posts.

So, I think this should be activated here, so for example when someone makes spam or something bad in their posts, people will not see it (except if the person clicks on the "see this message" link.

Besides of it, it would be a way to increase security measures.

invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 885
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Re: Hide banned user`s topics

Post by Derri on April 24th 2013, 6:46 pm

The problem is sometimes a banned member has contributed to the thread and his post actually helps the overall thread.

Plus all spam is deleted in a sense and all rude posts are deleted. So really you don't see too much spam or anything left behind if a member has been banned for spamming or inappropriate content.

I often will search through posts when trying to find an answer to my question before opening a thread and quite often I'll see a banned members post actually be helpful.

Also a banned member may have started a thread that was useful to me. And to add to this banned member have created graphics or contributed to graphics in the graphics section so hiding banned members posts may seem a little troublesome. I know you can click on the link to reveal the post but honestly I don't think its a needed option.

I can see why you've made this suggestion and I can see how it could possibly be useful. However for the reasons given above I'm voting no to this suggestion.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by twistedwolf on June 9th 2013, 4:00 pm

I say yes!

twistedwolf

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jingles Magic on June 10th 2013, 2:04 am

Like Derri said, sometimes you want the post. If there was an option to quickly view all the banned user's posts and quickly select which to be deleted, that would be very good.
-JM

Jingles Magic
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 10th 2013, 2:07 am

@Jingles Magic wrote:Like Derri said, sometimes you want the post. If there was an option to quickly view all the banned user's posts and quickly select which to be deleted, that would be very good.
-JM

We do actually have the feature, its just not enabled.

Basically, you see a link saying "This member has been banned, click here to view the content of this post"

Overall its pretty pointless because the forumotion staff edit all inappropriate/spam content, they never really delete posts, therefore enabling this feature would be pretty pointless anyway.

Last edited by Derri on June 10th 2013, 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jingles Magic on June 10th 2013, 2:10 am

@Derri wrote:
@Jingles Magic wrote:Like Derri said, sometimes you want the post. If there was an option to quickly view all the banned user's posts and quickly select which to be deleted, that would be very good.
-JM

We do actually have the feature, its just not enabled.

Basically, you see a link saying "This member has been banned, click here to view the content of this post"

Overall its pretty pointless because the forumotion staff edit all inappropriate/spam content, they never really delete post, therefore enabling this feature would be pretty pointless anyway.
That's a pretty true point, so this suggestion I guess wouldn't really have much use.
I voted "no" by the way.

Jingles Magic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 15th 2013, 7:50 am

I vote no.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1114
Language : Croatian, HTML, CSS, jQuery, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Bascom, Python, C, FBD & LAD for PLC and more... Little English :D

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mario 2.0 on November 19th 2013, 8:15 pm

Saying No for this.

Not sure how hiding posts would help security measures. Sometimes there have been members who were of great asset to the forum, and then they just slipped up. Hiding their posts won't do anything.

Mario 2.0
Forumember

Male Posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 19th 2013, 8:51 pm

I don't know why to hide banned members topics? If member is banned, and we need to see his/her question whatever, if we go on that topic we can't see it, or we answer a lot questions of some member, they is banned, and we can't see our posts, and it can be like we aren't posting, because of that I'm vote no.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Language : Croatian, HTML, CSS, jQuery, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Bascom, Python, C, FBD & LAD for PLC and more... Little English :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on November 20th 2013, 6:52 pm

Zyon wrote:I don't know why to hide banned members topics? If member is banned, and we need to see his/her question whatever, if we go on that topic we can't see it, or we answer a lot questions of some member, they is banned, and we can't see our posts, and it can be like we aren't posting, because of that I'm vote no.
Actuallya link does come up saying that the member has been banned and you can click that link and the post does appear but since the support forum is moderated it would be much more of a hindrance than a help.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 20th 2013, 6:55 pm

Yes, for hidding messages, but this will hide topics, how we will see topics if that is hidden?

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on November 20th 2013, 6:58 pm

Zyon wrote:Yes, for hidding messages, but this will hide topics, how we will see topics if that is hidden?
The topic still exists but when you click on it, you'll just see the message saying this member has been banned and then you get an option to view his message.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 20th 2013, 7:24 pm

Ok then, I'm don't know, I still think it isn't necessary, and I don't know how it will help anybody, all can see everybodies messages.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on January 11th 2014, 11:25 am

I am voting no for this as sometimes banned members may have useful / helpful posts.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 7th 2015, 3:05 pm

@invisible_fa wrote:Hello.

As you know, in Forumotion have been recently added the option of hiding banned users posts.

So, I think this should be activated here, so for example when someone makes spam or something bad in their posts, people will not see it (except if the person clicks on the "see this message" link.

Fm has the same thing with people on the ignore list
The french support forum activated this option, though.

If we're talking of the same thing?

Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on January 7th 2015, 5:28 pm

Suggestion Refused,

Banned members usually have asked for or provided answers within the support sections or graphic and review sections and therefore this suggestion is refused.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum