The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hidden posts

3 posters

Go down

hidden posts Empty hidden posts

Post by sweetword 04.05.13 10:40

I have a forum where we are running prediction contest. We have got lot of moderators who are participating in it ...The problem is that when somebody posts a prediction with [ hide] [ /hide] code the message is visible to mods and the message is not visible while quoting the message...can reverse of the same can be done...I mean the message posted in a particular forum should be hidden to all including mods to prevent copying...any help?
sweetword

Language : english

Back to top Go down

hidden posts Empty Re: hidden posts

Post by kirk 04.05.13 12:11

No hide tags only work until someone replies to the post/thread.
As soon as a member or staff reply to thread or forum they have permission to then the hide tags no longer hide the content.

You may just want to set up certain groups and other forums with permissions only set for who you want to see what.

Or may be do it all through pm for only admin to know

Or may be set up like a intense debate blog on a HTML page and set it to where all replies have to be approved first. This way you can see what's what and only approve it when it no longer needs to be secret/hidden

http://intensedebate.com/wordpress
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetword 04.05.13 13:03

thank you kirk..my mods are able to see the hidden posts before they post anything on the particular thread...I want to avoid that......they can see that after they submit their prediction...will setting up permission for a particular groups prevent the moderators from seeming what is posted in the hidden on hidden post on a thread where they are to post yet...which is my purpose
sweetword

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 04.05.13 18:19

If they are seeing it after replying (submitting prediction) that is how the hide tags work.

hidden posts Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum