The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by MoonChow on May 10th 2013, 5:28 pm

I dont have much experience in code so i was wondering what do i need to do edit the "@" in the chatbox.

MoonChow
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by AuQaClan on May 10th 2013, 5:46 pm

I would like to know about this too

AuQaClan
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Reputation : 5
Language : english

http://www.gameandchat.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by MoonChow on May 10th 2013, 5:49 pm

@AuQaClan wrote:I would like to know about this too

I guess this is the code:

Code:
#chatbox > p span.user > span:after {
  content: 'ε';
}

But i dont know what to do with it.

MoonChow
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by AuQaClan on May 10th 2013, 5:50 pm

@MoonChow wrote:
@AuQaClan wrote:I would like to know about this too

I guess this is the code:

#chatbox > p span.user > span:after {
content: 'ε';
}

But i dont know what to do with it.

Paste in ccs Razz

i already had this i thought when you click on it, it would say @AuQa Unique in my chatbox Razz but it just pastes the name doesn't it Razz

AuQaClan
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Reputation : 5
Language : english

http://www.gameandchat.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by MoonChow on May 10th 2013, 5:53 pm

@AuQaClan wrote:
@MoonChow wrote:
@AuQaClan wrote:I would like to know about this too

I guess this is the code:

#chatbox > p span.user > span:after {
content: 'ε';
}

But i dont know what to do with it.

Paste in ccs Razz

i already had this i thought when you click on it, it would say @AuQa Unique in my chatbox Razz but it just pastes the name doesn't it Razz

Honestly ive already pasted this and nothing happend.

MoonChow
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by AuQaClan on May 10th 2013, 5:54 pm

Forum link?

+ So you do not see this? >

AuQaClan
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Reputation : 5
Language : english

http://www.gameandchat.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by MoonChow on May 10th 2013, 5:58 pm

@AuQaClan wrote:Forum link?

+ So you do not see this? >

http://nekuanime.forumotion.com/ <-- Forum link

and no i dont see that all i see is @ Moonchow


MoonChow
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by Jophy on May 10th 2013, 5:58 pm


Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by AuQaClan on May 10th 2013, 6:07 pm

@MoonChow

That's right isnt it?

What do you want to see?

AuQaClan
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Reputation : 5
Language : english

http://www.gameandchat.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by MoonChow on May 10th 2013, 6:08 pm


i Tried it and it didnt work im going to post my css just in case.

Code:
div#page-footer {
background-image: url('');
background-position: bottom center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
padding: 10px;}


.forumline{
    background-color: #000000;
    border: 2px #300000 solid;
    }
td.row1,td.row3.over:hover {
    background-color: #000000;
    }
td.row2,td.row1.over:hover {
    background-color: #0c0000;
    }
td.row3{
    background-color: #0c0000;
    }

.avatar_size img {
width:180px;
height:250px;
}


.MoonChow:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/founde10.gif");
}

.Daniel:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/superm10.gif");
}

.DemonUchiha:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/uuvgrh20.png");
}

.Konan:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/chatmo10.gif");
}

#chatbox > p span.user > span strong {
  display: none;
}
#chatbox > p span.user > span:after {
  content: '[Admin]';
}


Last edited by MoonChow on May 10th 2013, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

MoonChow
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by MoonChow on May 10th 2013, 6:09 pm

@AuQaClan wrote:@MoonChow

That's right isnt it?

What do you want to see?

[Admin] Moonchow

MoonChow
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by AuQaClan on May 10th 2013, 6:11 pm

@MoonChow wrote:
@AuQaClan wrote:@MoonChow

That's right isnt it?

What do you want to see?

[Admin] Moonchow

This is a code for mod >
Code:
#chatbox > p span.user > span strong {
  display: none;
}
#chatbox > p span.user > span:after {
  content: 'MOD: ';
}

Got from > http://www.avacweb.com/t220-css-trick-change-the-chatbox

AuQaClan
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Reputation : 5
Language : english

http://www.gameandchat.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by Jophy on May 10th 2013, 6:11 pm

@MoonChow wrote:

i Tried it and it didnt work im going to post my css just in case.

Code:
div#page-footer {
background-image: url('');
background-position: bottom center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
padding: 10px;}


.forumline{
    background-color: #000000;
    border: 2px #300000 solid;
    }
td.row1,td.row3.over:hover {
    background-color: #000000;
    }
td.row2,td.row1.over:hover {
    background-color: #0c0000;
    }
td.row3{
    background-color: #0c0000;
    }

.avatar_size img {
width:180px;
height:250px;
}


.MoonChow:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/founde10.gif");
}

.Daniel:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/superm10.gif");
}

.DemonUchiha:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/uuvgrh20.png");
}

.Konan:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/chatmo10.gif");
}

#chatbox > p span.user > span strong {
  display: none;
}
#chatbox > p span.user > span:after {
  content: '[Admin]';
}

@MoonChow wrote:
@AuQaClan wrote:@MoonChow

That's right isnt it?

What do you want to see?

[Admin] Moonchow
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead.

Did you try placing the code at the very top of the CSS Stylesheet?

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by MoonChow on May 10th 2013, 6:14 pm

@Jophy wrote:
@MoonChow wrote:

i Tried it and it didnt work im going to post my css just in case.

Code:
div#page-footer {
background-image: url('');
background-position: bottom center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
padding: 10px;}


.forumline{
    background-color: #000000;
    border: 2px #300000 solid;
    }
td.row1,td.row3.over:hover {
    background-color: #000000;
    }
td.row2,td.row1.over:hover {
    background-color: #0c0000;
    }
td.row3{
    background-color: #0c0000;
    }

.avatar_size img {
width:180px;
height:250px;
}


.MoonChow:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/founde10.gif");
}

.Daniel:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/superm10.gif");
}

.DemonUchiha:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/uuvgrh20.png");
}

.Konan:after {
    content: url("http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/18/28/59/57/chatmo10.gif");
}

#chatbox > p span.user > span strong {
  display: none;
}
#chatbox > p span.user > span:after {
  content: '[Admin]';
}

@MoonChow wrote:
@AuQaClan wrote:@MoonChow

That's right isnt it?

What do you want to see?

[Admin] Moonchow
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead.

Did you try placing the code at the very top of the CSS Stylesheet?

No but i will try that!

MoonChow
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by MoonChow on May 10th 2013, 6:16 pm

Nope didnt work. o.O

---------------

Why wont this work >.<?

MoonChow
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by Derri on May 12th 2013, 4:38 pm


Did you try Jophy's suggestion?

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8386
Reputation : 577
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by levy on May 13th 2013, 1:29 am

Code:
chatbox > p span.user > span strong {
  display: none;
}
#chatbox > p span.user > span:after {
  content: 'MOD: ';
}

Change Mod with your content , via Jophy link

levy
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2582
Reputation : 345
Language : Romanian, English
Location : criticize artwork, not people!

http://help.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Chatbox - how to edit the "@"

Post by E-Mark on May 13th 2013, 3:01 am

Well that will work on the chat message, but i don't know if it will work on the member list with the '@' for the mods (on the left side) fufufu

E-Mark
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1389
Reputation : 164
Language : English, Tagalog
Location : Republic of the Philippines

http://coding-spot.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum