The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

I need to put this forum in a Joomla website - can't find any way to do it

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need to put this forum in a Joomla website - can't find any way to do it

Post by doctordanieldaves on May 13th 2013, 5:55 am

I'm a little bit of a novice. But I need to put our forum inside of a Joomla web site so people can enjoy it while staying within our reach. Does anyone have any wisdom for me? I've scoured these forums and only seen iframe information, but I can't see that working within Joomla. Thanks for any recommendations, thoughts, or actions for us to try. Our forum is at www.compassguide.forumshome.com . Thanks.

doctordanieldaves

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: I need to put this forum in a Joomla website - can't find any way to do it

Post by kirk on May 13th 2013, 10:39 pm

what is Joomla? is that a site you own?
If so i would think there is somewhere you can add a new page/html etc..

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by doctordanieldaves on May 13th 2013, 10:44 pm

Yes, Joomla is an open platform that alot of sites are being built within at this time. http://www.joomla.org/ Would you recommend that I post this question in a different place, to stimulate a guru that can do it for me? Thanks for your input and help.

We want to embed the forum into the site page to keep them inside of our site while playing around in the forum. Hoping we can do this efficiently.

Sincerely,
Daniel

doctordanieldaves

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on May 13th 2013, 11:02 pm

Yeah that's not telling me much?
Is this something you have on a server? or do you have a admin panel to log into. I guess i would find out if Joomla has some sort of support and ask them.

I mean if it is something that would have to be uploaded to server my guess would be to just upload a html file with your forum link in a iframe. Unless there is a way to create new webpage then do the same use a iframe, or they may even have a option to where you can add a url in when creating a new page? But yeah other then that this seems to be a question for Joomla?

Joomla seems to be something that has to be downloaded then uploaded/hosted to a server or server service provider??

info added

If it dose need to be uploaded as a html file i can always give you the html file format,or you can use text editor to save as a html file yourself as well, I just don't know enough about joomla so really could not tell you how it would be done with it?

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum