The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Support Forums Issue --> Being logged out and unable to log in.

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pro Admin Support Forums Issue --> Being logged out and unable to log in.

Post by Derri on May 13th 2013, 12:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

I have had this issue happen once before, yesterday but I thought nothing of it because it happened for a short period of time. However today it lasted a good 5-10 minutes.

I was browsing the support forums and I clicked onto go edit something in my profile and suddenly for no reason at all it took me to the log in page. I entered my log in information and clicked to continue. I was redirected to the same log in page I was previously at. However I was not given an error message saying I had entered an invalid password or username.

I then deiced to re-enter my username and password again and again, I got the same issue I was redirected to the log in page I was on but I was given no error message. I continued to try this but nothing was happening other than me being redirected to this log in page.

I then decided to request a new password, I entered my email and username and clicked to continue, the same thing happened above, I was refreshed and taken to the same page I was on and I had no error message.

I then tried to request a new password two more times, both resulting in what I described above.

I then out of  a complete loss of what to do I clicked on the banner to take me back to the main board and somehow it logged me in randomly and I had access to my account. I then clicked my profile to go in and do what I intended to do and I found myself in the same situation I described at the start. It was saying I wasn't logged in.

I then entered my log in details again and got no error message, but I was redirected like I described above at the start of this message. I then clicked the banner a few times refreshing and I was suddenly logged into my account again and this time it let me stay logged in.

Overall this was very unusual and I was wondering what might have caused this. If anyone would care to maybe assist me in finding out why this might have happened.

Thank you.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8386
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Support Forums Issue --> Being logged out and unable to log in.

Post by Derri on June 9th 2013, 7:11 pm

Sir Chivas™ wrote:Today, it happened to me as well.

at 11:57am - 12:00pm. (UTC-6) Chicago.

I cleared my cache, deleted my cookies, but that didn't seem to help. I tried logging on with different browsers, but the samething happened. The only way it seemed to be working was on my ipod.

Its quite odd, sometimes it happens and I can log back in almost instantly and then another time it happens and I'm locked out for quite sometime and the only way I can get back on is by waiting. It seems the times are very random and clearing my cache and cookies just doesn't work as well as changing browsers doesn't work.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on June 9th 2013, 7:21 pm

Yes, exactly what happens to me. I tried closing a thread and it kicked me out. Rolling Eyes

Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6783
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 9th 2013, 7:26 pm

Sir Chivas™ wrote:Yes, exactly what happens to me. I tried closing a thread and it kicked me out. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I once did it when I was posting a review I think and I ended up having to re-set all the formatting I wasn't exactly happy. Its very random and is becoming slightly annoying as it happens randomly and sometimes when I go to make a post and suddenly it kicks me off and I loose everything I've written.

Either way from another thread it sounds like some other forums are experiencing it now.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on June 10th 2013, 4:05 pm

This occurred once again. However, this time I tried loggin on into different forums to see if this was widespread, but they seem to be working perfectly, however, I only get this issue at forumotion. Does it have to do something with the database of forumotion's support forum?

Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6783
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on June 10th 2013, 6:48 pm

This happened to me yesterday. It seems to only occur when I am on the support forum.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36712
Language : English

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 10th 2013, 6:50 pm

Well I've been logged out around 6/7 times today and all times have been a considerable amount e.g. more than 5 minutes.

Can this not be reported to a technician or something because it has happened on other forums: http://help.forumotion.com/t124440-i-login-for-nothing

Its become quite annoying as you'll have typed out an answer to someone's problem or you're sending a message or even just casually browsing the forums and you refresh and suddenly you're logged out of the forum and are unable to log back in

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 11th 2013, 3:56 pm

I have asked The Godfather, if there is any update on this issue?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REDDWOLF22 on June 11th 2013, 4:07 pm

just happened to me but was able to log in again thru admin panel by clicking on a whats new link

REDDWOLF22
Forumember

Male Posts : 160
Language : english

http://joinotw.enjin.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on June 11th 2013, 4:37 pm

yeah it has been happening to me a lot lately as well.
It seems when i am doing a lot of editing or quoting all of the sudden it logs me out and wont let me log in unless i clear my history.close my browser, or even have to use another browser?

So not sure what is going on but we defiantly need to bring this t the godfathers. I will have to make sure it was not already posted or sent to him first but will mark this as pro-admin in the meantime.

Info Added

Oh i see the godfather has already answered this???
Well something is wrong because it did it to me on three browsers. firefox,chrome and IE.
IT only seems to be happening to me after i have been doing a lot of quoting and editing.
it dose fix the problem if i clear all my history etc. but i dont understand why it would be doing this on multi browsers.. it is not all at once? i can see if it happened on IE then all was fine and it do not do it on chrome or firefox, but it seems after a certain amount of edits or quotes it just goes loopy.. lol it go loco Rolling Eyes

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Selvester on June 11th 2013, 8:28 pm

@kirk wrote:Oh i see the godfather has already answered this???

Yes he did... However the solution he gave does not seem to work, at least for most of us. For those who have said it does fix the problem... coincidence perhaps? The times on how long it keeps you logged out seem to vary greatly.

Anyway it just happened again. The second time for me. Again I tried The Godfathers suggestion of clearing cookies (I also cleared my cache and everything else) and again it seemed to have no effect...

Selvester
Forumember

Female Posts : 255
Language : English, French (little bit)

http://rp-central.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 11th 2013, 8:29 pm

@ Kirk I don't think it has to do with clearing history etc it seems to be random, sometimes you can sign in very quickly and other times you can be locked out for quite sometime.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on June 12th 2013, 11:44 am

This happened to me just a while a go, I was initially logging in, and it won't let me log in, and I think 5 minutes passed, then I was able to log in now.

I'm always clearing cache/cookies/history from time to time and I'm still having this issue.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Selvester on June 12th 2013, 7:51 pm

Just happened again. Only lasted about a minute or two this time.

Also when I was logged out I ran a little experiment... I intentionally put in the wrong username and password because I was curious if the error box would appear. It didn't. It didn't seem to matter what I put in the username/password box it continued doing as it has been and just going back to the log in page with no error message. I don't know what that means or if it's even relevant, but I thought I should note it.

Selvester
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 12th 2013, 7:55 pm

I personally think it could be a server issue as if you aren't getting an error message it sounds like the server isn't receiving the data but again I'm not an expert.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by collinsexton on June 13th 2013, 4:29 pm

Just happened to me. I was kicked off from the times of 10:11 AM-10:21 AM. I was able to log in to other forums, it was just an issue with this one. Every time I clicked a link, it would log me out. I clicked "Forgot Password" just to see if it was a problem on my end, but when I put my correct username, and e-mail and hit send, the page refreshed and said nothing. I've had this issue about three times in the past. ^ I agree that it's probably a server error. Cleared cache and cookies during the time, and still...no solution. Very Happy

collinsexton
Forumember

Male Posts : 88
Language : English, Java | HTML | CSS

http://imtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on June 13th 2013, 4:39 pm

yeah this is getting a bit crazy now. i replied to two post and it logged me out, came back again and replied to one post and did it again.

Now i switched to chrome it seems OK, but don't think it is a browser issue either considering a lot of us all seem to be using different browsers. So looks like we will have to pass this on to the godfather again.

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 13th 2013, 4:40 pm

Just happened to me again for around 5-10 minutes. Its like you said Kirk, its beyond crazy.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by collinsexton on June 13th 2013, 4:46 pm

It's not that big of a deal for me, I just don't want to be typing a long response or something, and then I'm "logged-out". Let's hope we can get this issue fixed Very Happy

collinsexton
Forumember

Male Posts : 88
Language : English, Java | HTML | CSS

http://imtv.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on June 13th 2013, 4:46 pm

Well i was on IE before. the computer i am using now is very old and a little slow and for some reason IE seems to work the best for right now..  But yeah i cant keep closing the browser and come back every time this is going to happen so switched to chrome and all seems fine so far. However it looks like the majority of those having this problem has been using chrome.. But once again i do not think it is a browser issue or cookies either..

kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Mark on June 13th 2013, 4:50 pm

I thought i was the only one experiencing this. About 10 min. ago, same thing happened to me. smurf

E-Mark
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1389
Language : English, Tagalog

http://coding-spot.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by angel_of_night on June 13th 2013, 4:57 pm

And I though this was only my bug.

angel_of_night
Forumember

Female Posts : 565
Language : portuguese

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 on June 13th 2013, 6:02 pm

Sir Chivas™ wrote:I see, I used to have that issue as well. I did not experienced it yesterday. However, we'll let this thread run for a day or so to see how many members did experienced this. That way we can report this to TGF.
I experienced an issue logging in here yesterday and kept getting returned to the log in screen with no error message.  I finally gave up and came back later to try it.  Later, the log in worked.

RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Selvester on June 13th 2013, 7:13 pm

There certainly seem to be a lot more people experiencing this issue now... And there are probably even more who simply haven't mentioned it or reported it. 

What we do know... 

-There appears to be no root cause as it has been reported to happen at random times. For most it seems to be with reply's to topics however the only time its happened to me (so far) is when I was simply browsing the forums. Not replying or anything. 
-The times vary greatly... 1-10 minutes it seems. 
-It doesn't matter what browser you use. Switching browsers gives no results and neither does clearing ones cache or cookies. Those that say it has helped, well I kind of think it just coincidence. That in the time it takes to switch browsers or clear the cache/cookies the problem has simply ceased thus giving the appearance that it worked. 
-Though the issue seems to mainly occur here on the support forum it is not isolated here as it has been noted on at least one other forum: http://help.forumotion.com/t124440-i-login-for-nothing
-The popular theory seems to be that its a server issue... but no one seems to know for sure.
-It doesn't matter what you put in the boxes, the page will only refresh and provide no error message... even if you put your user or pass in wrong.

But what we don't know is a solution to fix this...

Also, and this is probably just me, but it seems to be occurring more frequently... again at least for me. I had never experienced this problem until just a few days ago and now it seems to be happening quite a bit. Almost as soon as I got on today I was logged out. I was out for about five minutes before being able to get in again. Once I was in, I was almost immediately kicked out again... That time for only about a minute... First time it has happened twice in a day.

Also out of curiosity... I don't really log out of my account. That way when I get on I am already logged in. Anyone else do this? Or do you log out and back on every time?

Selvester
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 13th 2013, 7:15 pm

Well I just want someone to say something on why this might be happening because some days I'm logged out 7-9 times and its getting rather frustrating as you'll be assisting a member and then suddenly you're logged out and can't log back in for quite awhile.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on June 13th 2013, 7:42 pm

Just to let you all know i was just reading this thread and wanted to post to it to say i have had this problem and when i was to post it had logged me out also. i logged in again and re typed my comment out and again it was logged out

EDIT: lucky for me i did a copy and paste just as i wanted to post so i dont have to type it all again Sad

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8642
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultron's Vision on June 13th 2013, 8:31 pm

This happened to me for now the second time, duration was - as commonly mentioned throughout this topic - about 10 minutes, if not a little longer.

Date of this occurrence: 13/6/2013, 8:15-8:30 PM (approximately), GMT +1 (CET; might be GMT +2 due to Summer Time).D

Ultron's Vision
Forumember

Male Posts : 634
Language : English | German | HTML | JavaScript | PHP | C++ | Perl | Java

http://duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur on June 13th 2013, 8:43 pm

Happened to me again too. I deleted my cache/cookies, tried to login and it didn't work. :|

Edit:
I also noticed my account was still logged in...The period of "10 minutes" is that the time of when a user is considered offline for this forum? Because everyone keeps mentioning this issue lasts for 10 mintues and if I recall it was the same time for me too.

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13028
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 13th 2013, 9:12 pm

I will note that sometimes I don't even have to sign back in, sometimes I just refresh and suddenly I'm logged in again.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on June 14th 2013, 3:53 am

@Derri wrote:I will note that sometimes I don't even have to sign back in, sometimes I just refresh and suddenly I'm logged in again.

Also happened to me a while ago.

Can you give us information whether this is also happening on other forums too? Thanks.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on June 14th 2013, 7:42 am

@Jophy wrote:
@Derri wrote:I will note that sometimes I don't even have to sign back in, sometimes I just refresh and suddenly I'm logged in again.

Also happened to me a while ago.

Can you give us information whether this is also happening on other forums too? Thanks.

Do you mean this issue in general or the specific 'I refresh after being told I'm logged out and I'm logged back in like I said above?'

It has happened once on another forum, I was browsing said forum and I typed something and hit the preview button to check over everything, I found myself logged out with the problem I describe in my first post, left for 5-10 minutes, came back and I refreshed my page and suddenly I was logged back in. 

People described that they had the issue on their forum in this thread.
http://help.forumotion.com/t124440-i-login-for-nothing

As for experiencing this problem on forumotion forums in general I can't say its happened too me too often, generally I have found this issue to be most frequent on the support forum but on a small amount of occasions, recently it has happened.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum