The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin problem

+2
Derri
gghhjj19
6 posters

Go down

In progress Admin problem

Post by gghhjj19 May 22nd 2013, 9:50 pm

Well the creator of the academy we are on has been away for a while, and we recently gave someone admin power, and he demoted all other admins and now we have no control. Is there any way to fix this?
gghhjj19

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Admin problem

Post by Derri May 22nd 2013, 10:03 pm

Sorry Forumotion cannot do anything.

The only thing you can attempt to do is contact the founder?

Are you a member of the forum mentioned in this thread? https://help.forumotion.com/t123968-admin-is-de-admining-everyone-and-we-have-no-head-admin
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead May 22nd 2013, 10:31 pm

Hi,

Did you give away the FOUNDING account?

If so, unfortunetly, there is nothing that we can do.
However, If you didn't:

Follow this procedure: https://help.forumotion.com/t93821-lost-founder-s-password
And state the founder has been missing for longer then 6 months and 1 day and the nominated email will get a new password Smile
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 22nd 2013, 11:01 pm

gghhjj19 wrote:Well the creator of the academy we are on has been away for a while, and we recently gave someone admin power, and he demoted all other admins and now we have no control. Is there any way to fix this?

yeah this has already been explained in the link derri has provided.
If i was you guys i would say forget that place and create your own forum and have the members come over there, If the new owner or staff are that messed up and unorganized then there is no reason to beat yourself up about it and create a new and start fresh and run it as it should be ran, i am sure all members will have no problem going over to your new forum.

Other then that all has been suggested that we can suggest, It is up to the forums founder to handle this as they wish and nothing we staff here on FM support can really intervene with.

Unless the founding admin of the forum dose not log in for 6 months, then the forum is still his and he can run it as he likes, he dose not have to give the account to anyone, and if he did give the account to someone then they are now the owner and can do things as they wish. providing all is within forumotions TOS and no violations taking place.

I will leave this open long enough for gghhjj19 to reply then this will be locked and sent to the garbage considering all has already been answered in the thread link above.

kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by gghhjj19 May 23rd 2013, 7:49 am

Ok thanks.
RadioHead wrote:Hi,

Did you give away the FOUNDING account?

If so, unfortunetly, there is nothing that we can do.
However, If you didn't:

Follow this procedure: https://help.forumotion.com/t93821-lost-founder-s-password
And state the founder has been missing for longer then 6 months and 1 day and the nominated email will get a new password Smile

I am wondering about that, what will the nominated email be? Because the founder did NOT give away his acc. Do you guys know how we can change the nominated email to mine for example or anyone else who can actually do something good?
gghhjj19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 23rd 2013, 9:26 am

Hello,

Read this:
https://help.forumotion.com/t81878-recovery-or-change-founder-of-an-account

There should be at least an admin that permits you to take over the forum, then send a request to one of the staff to replace the new creation e-mail to be sent to a pro administrator, however, if every admin was demoted, then I'm afraid there's nothing we can do.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by gghhjj19 May 23rd 2013, 8:42 pm

Ok, we managed to get back onto the acad, but all accounts where deleted and posts where messed up. Is there anyway to get these stuff back (im an admin if that helps). Sorry for all these questions, never happened to me before.
gghhjj19

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray May 23rd 2013, 9:32 pm

The founder account would be needed.

Admin problem Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum