The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Making a Board Password Protected/Blocking Guests From Viewing Certain Boards

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Making a Board Password Protected/Blocking Guests From Viewing Certain Boards

Post by .:Phantom:. on June 4th 2013, 10:03 pm

How can I fix my forum so that I can add a password on my boards? I have had some issues with a troll coming on my forum and cussing, spamming, harassing members, etc. Every time I do an IP ban, he changes his address. I blocked his area and he still is trolling greatly by using a proxy.

I firstly need to know how to keep him out and away from spamming me. I cannot get rid of him. He will use multiple emails/usernames/IPs. I need to put a common password on all the boards to keep him away. Please help with this. I've had to promote another member to admin to ban him everyday he comes back.

Edit -

I've found that all I want to do is to make it so guests cannot READ the topics in the boards. Not so they are invisible to a guest who wants to see what boards I have.

.:Phantom:.

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Making a Board Password Protected/Blocking Guests From Viewing Certain Boards

Post by Sir. Mayo on June 5th 2013, 3:22 am

So do you still need help, the only thing i can say to do is close registration, for a week or so so no one can register.

Sir. Mayo
Forumember

Male Posts : 969
Language : English, Some french.

http://sir-mayo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Making a Board Password Protected/Blocking Guests From Viewing Certain Boards

Post by kirk on June 5th 2013, 5:57 am

You can't pass protect forums on forumotion forums.
You have to set groups and forum permissions acorddenly for what you want to allow to the groups.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum