The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

(Only Topic!) New Editor

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by TWYLYGHT on June 12th 2013, 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is there a way to opt of this new editor? If not is there a way to at least set the smiley's back to the old way. They are hard to see even with the mouse over feature. Any member we have with poor eye sight will not be able to use them. I ware glasses and it's hard for me to make head nor tails on the smileys.

Thanks in advance for a quick reply.


Edit:
A few solutions for the problems.


Smiley Problem:
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p60-only-topic-new-editor#830677

For the editor not appearing Problem:
http://help.forumotion.com/t124758-lost-my-new-text-editor-on-my-forum-the-fix#831689

For turning off the WYSYIWYG by default:
http://help.forumotion.com/t124664-language-issue-in-new-editor#830420

For the Quote problem, cursor still remaining in the Quote box

http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832889
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832892


For changing the font color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838113

For changing the background color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838102

Currently the editor has bugs related to posting via mobile operating systems. Will advise not to use them, until they are fixed. Regret the Inconvenience.

Regards,
Sanket

To add an image to the text editor, add this to your CSS:
Code:
 .sceditor-container iframe, .sceditor-container textarea {
          background-image:  url("IMAGE'S URL") !important;
          background-position:  center center !important;
          background-repeat:  no-repeat !important;
    }

TWYLYGHT
Forumember

Posts : 69
Reputation : 6
Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down


In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by 0ldcat on June 12th 2013, 11:19 pm

@Willyrka wrote:Is there a code that removes the http:// text that is already in the add picture button? My users are very bad at coding and they have no idea why their pictures won't show up.
I asked that in a post that got "junked" . . . Needles to say . . . it didn't get answered Evil or Very Mad


@Mr. Eddster wrote:
Seriously?
If they don't know how to just backspace that code and copy and paste the URL they probably shouldn't be using a computer
Ah . . . Sensei . . . . Born an expert were you ? . . You arrogant little . . . (insert Expletive of Choice Here).

0ldcat
Forumember

Male Posts : 60
Reputation : 1
Language : English / German
Location : Nottingham - UK

http://www.yamaha-thundercats.org

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Neymar1 on June 12th 2013, 11:35 pm

Any news on this downgrade being removed?

Neymar1
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Reputation : 27
Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript
Location : Scotland

http://www.simplyfifa.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by christien on June 12th 2013, 11:40 pm

I'm not able to send a private mesagge anymore (after update). When I want to send a pm to someone the cursor dissapears and nothing is working anymore. The only way to do is to force my computer with ctrl-alt-del. can you please help me because I can not answer my members.
I tried to clear cookies and browser but it didn't work.

christien
Forumember

Female Posts : 89
Reputation : 2
Language : Dutch-eng.

http://seeyoufriends.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Mr. Eddster on June 12th 2013, 11:52 pm

@DecusEtVeritas wrote:@SophieDophs, you can use this code to set a maximum width and height for the smileys box and if the smileys exceed the maximum size, scroll bars will appear:
Code:
div.sceditor-emoticons {
  overflow: auto;
  max-height: 200px;
  max-width: 250px;
}





Just modify the max-height and max-width with the desired dimensions.

@joukaimokie, this should work for changing the colors of the borders:
Code:
div.sceditor-container{
 border: 1px solid [COLOR];
}

div.sceditor-toolbar {
  border: 1px solid [COLOR] !important;
}


these do not work for me SadMad

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Mr. Eddster on June 12th 2013, 11:54 pm

For all people using IE i'd recommend a change of browser
IE does not work on many sites when it comes to upgrades. This is one of them. Plus IE is a piece of junk, worst browser out there
i recommend a switch ASAP

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Yun on June 13th 2013, 12:06 am

I (like those before me) find this "new editor" a hindrance, it is by no means simple, in comparison to the previous editor. I would ask, as someone did in a previous post, that you simply restore the previous editor, and make no such change again, without input from the forumotion community, (i.e. the admins who created forums, using your forum creator) as we are the ones who make up your livelihood.

We know how this works, our forums generate traffic for you and your affiliates (i.e. revenue), no matter how little or how large the traffic is, collectively...our forums do a lot for you, so the least you could do, is show some consideration, and restore the previous editor. Otherwise you may lose the bulk of your forumotion supporters. As there are plenty of other freeforum websites we could go to, don't doom yourself over something you should've never changed in the first place.

Yun
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by christien on June 13th 2013, 12:07 am

IE workes fine for me before update.  I don't want to change browser. Sad
 
Please give me the old editor back so I can send pm's and use smilies

christien
Forumember

Female Posts : 89
Reputation : 2
Language : Dutch-eng.

http://seeyoufriends.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by anathema6205 on June 13th 2013, 12:15 am

Urgh, people need to stop raging. 
The new editor can be worked with.
I just have a few issues/bugs.

The first one:

The editor is over the forums' bounding box for the editor.
Minor, but it's a bit off-putting.

The second one:
(I asked my members to report any issues they have and with what device. 
This is one of them. 
I always write things up in notes then copy and paste, but now when I do it there is really bizzare issues- it copies the font of notes, bolds, and colors the words black to impossible reading unless you highlight the post. Which i cant do from my phone or ipod. And it does the coding for each line, so its impossible for me to delete the coding for each line theough my iPod.


This is one of them.
As you can see, it also copied the font colors and such from my forum onto this, making the font gray. 

This has also been reported on my other forum, where they would post something, and the text would not be there. 

What it looks like^

What it actually looks like once I went to edit the post.

Another issue:
As a second note, on my computer (Using Mac. Google Chrome.) the left side of all posts (where all the user info is) is slightly cropped by about...4px?


Another user input issue:
 My phone works woth it but seems to find the new post boxes highly annoying because it likes to jump to the top of the screen while I am typing.


Last edited by Sir Chivas™ on June 13th 2013, 1:47 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : removed color font)

anathema6205
New Member

Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by RedMomma5 on June 13th 2013, 12:22 am

@Daisi2 wrote:RedMomma5, how can we help our members out with this? I don't understand. My members are used to me as admin just "fixing" everything and are not interested in making any changes for themselves.  They want it fixed and they want it fixed shortly.  Most of them have very little computer knowledge and don't want to get involved with any complications.

I have been running my forum for over 12 months now without a hitch and everything is now messed up.  Why could the people who made the changes not have made a post a while back and asked if anyone actually wanted them. It seems bizarre that they just went ahead and made such changes without asking what their customer base wanted.  I shall be taking my forum elsewhere as all the fun features of this one have disappeared overnight. 

I will probably get a good telling off now for making multiple posts ( I believe there is some sort of rule about that).  A discussion thread might be a good idea where we can all hold a conversation without getting a thorough telling off for posting more than once in a set time.


Daisi, you can reply when people have posted and not need to wait here.

To answer your question since you directed it to me, I am helping my members by explaining how things work.  Actually, it isn't much different than before.  I understand some people want zero change.  However, all the same features that you had before are still available.

One thing that I have done is to make sure that people are aware that there are two settings to post in...

1.  WYSIWYG (no tags)
2.  BBC Code (tags)

Tell your members to click the white notepaper at the end of the icon strip (this is the icon that switches the editor mode) and find out which setting they prefer to post in.

Perhaps they were using BBC code before, clicking on this icon will return them to using BBC Code.

As I said in my previous post, it really helps to add the code to your CSS style sheet that enlarges the smilies.

If you ask questions about what you don't understand, you can in turn share this info with your members.

I appreciate Forumotion and what they have to offer here.  I do have a couple of members that have complained but I just explain things.  You have lost nothing.  You can still post images, for example.  Make sure that your members delete the http from the image box before adding their url to it (two https will not allow the picture to post).

Anyway, I am watching this thread to see what others are saying but if you have questions and I can help, please let me know.

Thanks again, Forumotion.  I appreciate all you do here to make things better and help us when we need it.Very Happy

RedMomma5
Forumember

Posts : 80
Reputation : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Willyrka on June 13th 2013, 12:29 am

@anathema6205 wrote:The new editor can be worked with.
Mobile users can't work with it as they don't even see it, even when using the classic view.

And yes, there are still a lot of bugs. Wouldn't it be better to fix this sooner than later? Or at least revert back to the old editor until they have sorted out all the problems and figured out how to make sure their editor works for everyone?

Willyrka
Forumember

Posts : 40
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by NickieM on June 13th 2013, 12:35 am

Like others here, our members had noticed that their smileys were mis-shapen with some really squashed and difficult to see.  Following the advice on here, I found out how to find the CSS bit, added the code suggested and everything seems to be fine with all the smileys appearing as they used to.

NickieM
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by anathema6205 on June 13th 2013, 12:50 am

@Willyrka wrote:
@anathema6205 wrote:The new editor can be worked with.


Mobile users can't work with it as they don't even see it, even when using the classic view.

And yes, there are still a lot of bugs. Wouldn't it be better to fix this sooner than later? Or at least revert back to the old editor until they have sorted out all the problems and figured out how to make sure their editor works for everyone?
Yes, it would be good to work it out. But it doesn't mean we toss every insult in the book at the admins.
Seriously people, things change. They always change. And anyone living in the real world have to constantly adapt, or they get left behind.
Especially on the internet. Everything gets outdated in a matter of months. 

And how else are they to make it work if it's not getting anybody testing it?
I say we just hang in there and help the admins make this work. Be productive and professional.
Give USEFUL input, not whining about how much you hate change.

So mobile users can't use it just yet. Let's give them the information they need, so they can adjust it.
That's why it's called BETA.

anathema6205
New Member

Posts : 10
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Willyrka on June 13th 2013, 12:59 am

I'm not here to insult anyone, as you can see if you read my posts. I am merely asking for help and pointing out the most important issue I have noticed, because I care about my forum members. Since my information has often gone overlooked, I find there is a need to repeat it.

I really appreciate that the leading figures are giving us updates and I support change. I've never complained over a single thing before today as I find these forums very useful and am grateful for them.

But a large number of my users are now left without a text editor and I just want them to stay on the forums and be happy, which they cannot do now, since they were left without the forum's single most important tool. This is for the good of my users and for the good of the service provider as the mobile users contribute a lot to the traffic.

Willyrka
Forumember

Posts : 40
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Richardr on June 13th 2013, 1:03 am

@DecusEtVeritas wrote:@anatas95, this will get rid of the border:
Code:
div.sceditor-container{
 border: 0px;
}












and if you want to get rid of the border under the toolbar, this is the code:
Code:
div.sceditor-toolbar {
  border: 0px !important;
}
I've tried both of those. The border still remains along the top and left and right sides of the editor. How is that completely removed (for phpbb2)?


Last edited by Richardr on June 13th 2013, 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Richardr
Forumember

Posts : 354
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Kaoru Shiratori on June 13th 2013, 1:14 am

@Neymar1 wrote:Any news on this downgrade being removed?

Please, majority of my forumites have left site, only 6 or 7 left :|

Kaoru Shiratori
New Member

Posts : 6
Reputation : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Serenity Blades on June 13th 2013, 1:33 am

This is what I have so far:

This will change the background color of your toolbar and make the text editor's width be set according to your webpage size
Code:
div.sceditor-container, div.sceditor-toolbar {
  background-color: #474747 !important;
  width: auto !important;}




This will change the background color of your text field while not in WYSIWYG mode.
Code:
div.sceditor-container textarea{
  background-color: #474747 !important;
  /*This following color is for the font color. Right now it is an off grey close to white*/
  color: #BABABA !important;}




This will change the background color of your text field while in WYSIWYG mode.
Code:
div.sceditor-container iframe{
  background-color: #474747 !important;}





This will put a slightly larger picture of the color you have selected in WYSIWYG mode, right on top of the color picker icon.
Code:
.sceditor-color-option:hover:after{
  width:20px;
  height:20px;
  display:block;
  background:inherit;
  content:" ";
  position:absolute;
  top:-24px;
  left:2px;
  border:1px solid #FFF}




This will auto adjust all emoticons to their default size in the emoticon picker.
Code:
img.smiley {
  width: auto !important;
  height: auto !important;}




This will create a simple box for your emoticon picker box that has a right scroll bar.
Code:
.sceditor-emoticons > div{
  height:200px;
  overflow-y:scroll}




This will remove the emoticons from appearing a second time when you hover over them. This will also remove any jittering you get from hovering over any of the emoticons.
Code:
.sceditor-emoticons > div > img{
  width:0px !important;
  height:0px !important;}





This will remove the border around the editor
Code:
div.sceditor-container {
border: 0px;}





This will remove the border around the toolbar.
Code:
div.sceditor-toolbar {
  border: 0px !important;}





All these codes were found from reading the posts from start to finish in this topic. Some I have even tweaked to make them what I would like to see instead.

I would now like to ask if anyone can find out the code for the quick reply box. I would love to change the height property for a slightly larger default look.

Serenity Blades
New Member

Posts : 24
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Sir Chivas™ on June 13th 2013, 1:49 am

@anathema6205 wrote:Urgh, people need to stop raging. 
The new editor can be worked with.
I just have a few issues/bugs.

The first one:

The editor is over the forums' bounding box for the editor.
Minor, but it's a bit off-putting.

The second one:
(I asked my members to report any issues they have and with what device. 
This is one of them. 
I always write things up in notes then copy and paste, but now when I do it there is really bizzare issues- it copies the font of notes, bolds, and colors the words black to impossible reading unless you highlight the post. Which i cant do from my phone or ipod. And it does the coding for each line, so its impossible for me to delete the coding for each line theough my iPod.


This is one of them.
As you can see, it also copied the font colors and such from my forum onto this, making the font gray. 

This has also been reported on my other forum, where they would post something, and the text would not be there. 

What it looks like^

What it actually looks like once I went to edit the post.

Another issue:
As a second note, on my computer (Using Mac. Google Chrome.) the left side of all posts (where all the user info is) is slightly cropped by about...4px?


Another user input issue:
 My phone works woth it but seems to find the new post boxes highly annoying because it likes to jump to the top of the screen while I am typing.



@Serenity Blades wrote:This is what I have so far:

This will change the background color of your toolbar and make the text editor's width be set according to your webpage size
Code:
div.sceditor-container, div.sceditor-toolbar {
  background-color: #474747 !important;
  width: auto !important;}




This will change the background color of your text field while not in WYSIWYG mode.
Code:
div.sceditor-container textarea{
  background-color: #474747 !important;
  /*This following color is for the font color. Right now it is an off grey close to white*/
  color: #BABABA !important;}




This will change the background color of your text field while in WYSIWYG mode.
Code:
div.sceditor-container iframe{
  background-color: #474747 !important;}





This will put a slightly larger picture of the color you have selected in WYSIWYG mode, right on top of the color picker icon.
Code:
.sceditor-color-option:hover:after{
  width:20px;
  height:20px;
  display:block;
  background:inherit;
  content:" ";
  position:absolute;
  top:-24px;
  left:2px;
  border:1px solid #FFF}




This will auto adjust all emoticons to their default size in the emoticon picker.
Code:
img.smiley {
  width: auto !important;
  height: auto !important;}




This will create a simple box for your emoticon picker box that has a right scroll bar.
Code:
.sceditor-emoticons > div{
  height:200px;
  overflow-y:scroll}




This will remove the emoticons from appearing a second time when you hover over them. This will also remove any jittering you get from hovering over any of the emoticons.
Code:
.sceditor-emoticons > div > img{
  width:0px !important;
  height:0px !important;}





This will remove the border around the editor
Code:
div.sceditor-container {
border: 0px;}





This will remove the border around the toolbar.
Code:
div.sceditor-toolbar {
  border: 0px !important;}





All these codes were found from reading the posts from start to finish in this topic. Some I have even tweaked to make them what I would like to see instead.

I would now like to ask if anyone can find out the code for the quick reply box. I would love to change the height property for a slightly larger default look.


Please both of you guys refrain from using color font, as is only reservered for moderation just like in this thread.



Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.



Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6783
Reputation : 430
Language : EN, FR, ES
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by DK on June 13th 2013, 1:49 am

Give the new text editor an option to make it dark themed.

DK
Forumember

Male Posts : 609
Reputation : 13
Language : English

http://ourworldhub.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by patiogardener on June 13th 2013, 1:54 am

All of my custom smilies have also disappeared from the Post Reply, New Topic & Quick Reply message boxes. They are still in the Smilies section of the Admin Panel but not in the forum. I would prefer them to the default emoticons. Can I get them returned pretty please. 


When I first began my forum with Forumotion I was attracted to them due to the fact you did not have to be an IT expert to develop a forum. Before I get dismissed by someone, & blithely told to accept change for changes sake, I do embrace change but much of this new editor is designed for those who are tech savvy. We aren't all like this & should not be sneered at because of it. Our members have a right to be able to come to our forums, relax & post the way they did in the past without having to jump through hoops. We all weren't screaming for a new editor. 


This is the first time in years I have been in a mood to complain to Forumotion as they have always, previously, made running a forum so easy & fun. 


I want my smileys back!! 

patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351
Reputation : 70
Language : English
Location : Australia

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Serenity Blades on June 13th 2013, 1:55 am

Sir Chivas™ wrote:
Please both of you guys refrain from using color font, as is only reservered for moderation just like in this thread.


I'm sorry I have done so. However, it is because of this new editor that it happened. Otherwise, it would just be the default color it should be.
WYSIWYG is very annoying as the default.

Serenity Blades
New Member

Posts : 24
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Richardr on June 13th 2013, 1:56 am

When quoting text, the background of the quote box is pale yellow. How can that be altered?

Richardr
Forumember

Posts : 354
Reputation : 0
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by RedMomma5 on June 13th 2013, 1:59 am

@patiogardener wrote:All of my custom smilies have also disappeared from the Post Reply, New Topic & Quick Reply message boxes. They are still in the Smilies section of the Admin Panel but not in the forum. I would prefer them to the default emoticons. Can I get them returned pretty please. 


When I first began my forum with Forumotion I was attracted to them due to the fact you did not have to be an IT expert to develop a forum. Before I get dismissed by someone, & blithely told to accept change for changes sake, I do embrace change but much of this new editor is designed for those who are tech savvy. We aren't all like this & should not be sneered at because of it. Our members have a right to be able to come to our forums, relax & post the way they did in the past without having to jump through hoops. We all weren't screaming for a new editor. 


This is the first time in years I have been in a mood to complain to Forumotion as they have always, previously, made running a forum so easy & fun. 


I want my smileys back!! 
Your smilies are still there.  Click on the smiley guy at the top of the message window.  It opens and will show all of your smilies.  Add this code to your CSS style sheet to enlarge if you want them bigger:

img.smiley {
width: auto !important;
height: auto !important;
}

RedMomma5
Forumember

Posts : 80
Reputation : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by SLGray on June 13th 2013, 2:00 am

Just to remind everyone:  If you have punBB or phpBB 2 and have modified the templates, you will have to modify them again.  The announcemant about this shows what you need to do for phpBB2 and punBB.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36708
Reputation : 2446
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by DK on June 13th 2013, 2:01 am

I don't like the fact that each time I copy something and paste it on this new text editor thing, it goes into a code ! And I can't even take off the code !   D:<

DK
Forumember

Male Posts : 609
Reputation : 13
Language : English

http://ourworldhub.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by patiogardener on June 13th 2013, 2:07 am

@RedMomma5 wrote:

Your smilies are still there.  Click on the smiley guy at the top of the message window.  It opens and will show all of your smilies.  Add this code to your CSS style sheet to enlarge if you want them bigger:

img.smiley {
width: auto !important;
height: auto !important;
}
  
Sorry RedMomma but there has been a bit of a misunderstanding here. The default smileys are there, that is the problem. What I would like back are my custom smileys not the default ones. The custom smileys are still on display in the Smileys section of Display in the Admin Panel but do not appear in the forum itself. 

What I would like to know is there a way to return them to the forum as before?

patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351
Reputation : 70
Language : English
Location : Australia

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by RedMomma5 on June 13th 2013, 2:09 am

@patiogardener wrote:
@RedMomma5 wrote:

Your smilies are still there.  Click on the smiley guy at the top of the message window.  It opens and will show all of your smilies.  Add this code to your CSS style sheet to enlarge if you want them bigger:

img.smiley {
width: auto !important;
height: auto !important;
}




  
Sorry RedMomma but there has been a bit of a misunderstanding here. The default smileys are there, that is the problem. What I would like back are my custom smileys not the default ones. The custom smileys are still on display in the Smileys section of Display in the Admin Panel but do not appear in the forum itself. 

What I would like to know is there a way to return them to the forum as before?


I don't have that problem.  I also have custom smilies and they are all still there.  Have you moused over the smilies?  They are very tiny.  I bet you will see your smilies if you mouse over them.  Make them larger using the code that I gave to you.

RedMomma5
Forumember

Posts : 80
Reputation : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by patiogardener on June 13th 2013, 2:19 am

@RedMomma5 wrote:


I don't have that problem.  I also have custom smilies and they are all still there.  Have you moused over the smilies?  They are very tiny.  I bet you will see your smilies if you mouse over them.  Make them larger using the code that I gave to you.

Thanks RedMomma. Very Happy This has worked. The custom smileys were definitely not there when I checked them for the first few times, even after clearing the cache, but they are there now & the CSS code you gave me has done the trick. :wouhou:

Thanks again. Any other problems will be dealt with as they arise, I guess.

patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351
Reputation : 70
Language : English
Location : Australia

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by RedMomma5 on June 13th 2013, 2:23 am

@patiogardener wrote:


Thanks RedMomma. Very Happy This has worked. The custom smileys were definitely not there when I checked them for the first few times, even after clearing the cache, but they are there now & the CSS code you gave me has done the trick. :wouhou:

Thanks again. Any other problems will be dealt with as they arise, I guess.


You're welcome, glad I could help.Smile

RedMomma5
Forumember

Posts : 80
Reputation : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by leonidas on June 13th 2013, 2:36 am

@RedMomma5 wrote:
@patiogardener wrote:All of my custom smilies have also disappeared from the Post Reply, New Topic & Quick Reply message boxes. They are still in the Smilies section of the Admin Panel but not in the forum. I would prefer them to the default emoticons. Can I get them returned pretty please. 


When I first began my forum with Forumotion I was attracted to them due to the fact you did not have to be an IT expert to develop a forum. Before I get dismissed by someone, & blithely told to accept change for changes sake, I do embrace change but much of this new editor is designed for those who are tech savvy. We aren't all like this & should not be sneered at because of it. Our members have a right to be able to come to our forums, relax & post the way they did in the past without having to jump through hoops. We all weren't screaming for a new editor. 


This is the first time in years I have been in a mood to complain to Forumotion as they have always, previously, made running a forum so easy & fun. 


I want my smileys back!! 


Your smilies are still there.  Click on the smiley guy at the top of the message window.  It opens and will show all of your smilies.  Add this code to your CSS style sheet to enlarge if you want them bigger:

img.smiley {
width: auto !important;
height: auto !important;
}

what if i don't want them in the original size, only slightly bigger than the ones now - is there a way? TIA!

leonidas
Forumember

Posts : 28
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Guest on June 13th 2013, 2:39 am

Well there is some advantages to the new text editor. one is you have more choice of text colors as you do with the real Phpbb. Also you can now post links in Google Chrome browser. Where as in the old editor, it didn't work in Chrome. The downside is it's more complicated to use than the old editor which was more simple. Though I suppose we will get used to it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum