The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

(Only Topic!) New Editor

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by TWYLYGHT on June 12th 2013, 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is there a way to opt of this new editor? If not is there a way to at least set the smiley's back to the old way. They are hard to see even with the mouse over feature. Any member we have with poor eye sight will not be able to use them. I ware glasses and it's hard for me to make head nor tails on the smileys.

Thanks in advance for a quick reply.

Edit:
A few solutions for the problems.

Smiley Problem:
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p60-only-topic-new-editor#830677

For the editor not appearing Problem:
http://help.forumotion.com/t124758-lost-my-new-text-editor-on-my-forum-the-fix#831689

For turning off the WYSYIWYG by default:
http://help.forumotion.com/t124664-language-issue-in-new-editor#830420

For the Quote problem, cursor still remaining in the Quote box

http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832889
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832892

For changing the font color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838113

For changing the background color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
http://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838102

Currently the editor has bugs related to posting via mobile operating systems. Will advise not to use them, until they are fixed. Regret the Inconvenience.

Regards,
Sanket

To add an image to the text editor, add this to your CSS:
Code:
 .sceditor-container iframe, .sceditor-container textarea {
          background-image:  url("IMAGE'S URL") !important;
          background-position:  center center !important;
          background-repeat:  no-repeat !important;
    }

TWYLYGHT
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Kaoru Shiratori on June 13th 2013, 2:41 am

What exactly will happen to mobile users during this very difficult time period? I'm scared that I wont be able to post anymore.

Kaoru Shiratori

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Blades on June 13th 2013, 2:43 am

@leonidas wrote:
what if i don't want them in the original size, only slightly bigger than the ones now - is there a way? TIA!

img.smiley {
width: #px !important;
height: #px !important;
}
Replace # with any number you want. Try 30 or 50 for a nice average size.

Serenity Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 on June 13th 2013, 2:44 am

@leonidas wrote:

what if i don't want them in the original size, only slightly bigger than the ones now - is there a way? TIA!

This was posted a few pages back. Try adding it (maybe changing the px to suit what you want. Current px might be larger than you like (max width is 250 px and max ht is 200 px).

Code:
mg.smiley {
width: auto !important;
height: auto !important;
}

div.sceditor-emoticons {
overflow: auto;
max-height: 200px;
max-width: 250px;
}

RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on June 13th 2013, 2:51 am

battuvuong wrote:I have a solution. You can add CSS in your forum:

Code:
.sceditor-color-option:hover:after{width:20px;height:20px;display:block;background:inherit;content:" ";position:absolute;top:-24px;left:2px;border:1pxsolid#FFF}

Code:
.sceditor-emoticons > div{height:200px;overflow-y:scroll}
.sceditor-emoticons > div > img{left:auto!important;top:-38px!important;right:-8px;background:#FFF;border:1px solid #DDD;padding:5px}

Now thats what i like to see some one come up with some thing worth using

Thank you good job :wouhou:

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8648
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Blades on June 13th 2013, 2:53 am

@RedMomma5 wrote:
Code:
div.sceditor-emoticons {
}

RedMamma5 this code is for the window that holds the emoticons. Overflow is for the scroll bars if the emoticons exceed the max-width and max-height.

Serenity Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by MousEarz on June 13th 2013, 2:56 am

I'm curious as to what's going on with the mobile editor as well as mobile access to the full site via "classic" mode. My forum members are all basically boycotting until this is fixed. It's still unacceptable that you would beta test on EVERYONE, especially without any warning. My forum is dead thanks to this new editor. I vote we return to the old one.

MousEarz

Female Posts : 20

http://craftyus.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 on June 13th 2013, 3:00 am

@Serenity Blades wrote:
@RedMomma5 wrote:
Code:
div.sceditor-emoticons {
}

RedMamma5 this code is for the window that holds the emoticons. Overflow is for the scroll bars if the emoticons exceed the max-width and max-height.

Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure. It looks like someone else gave the proper info before. I just added the following code (and it works) to stabilize the smilies and keep them from wavering when you hover over them:

Code:
.sceditor-emoticons > div > img{
width:0px !important;
height:0px !important;}

RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on June 13th 2013, 3:04 am

@MousEarz wrote:I'm curious as to what's going on with the mobile editor as well as mobile access to the full site via "classic" mode. My forum members are all basically boycotting until this is fixed. It's still unacceptable that you would beta test on EVERYONE, especially without any warning. My forum is dead thanks to this new editor. I vote we return to the old one.

The tech's are asking for all the bugs and problems so they can fix this problem
as TGF has said this is in beta and some things are not yet been put in place.

I'm sorry to see your having problems with our mobile editor system and i'm sure the tech' know about this and will get this fixed really soon.

Ape

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8648
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by mioshi11 on June 13th 2013, 3:05 am

How can i disable WYSWYG???

mioshi11
Forumember

Male Posts : 153
Language : english

http://lovefx.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener on June 13th 2013, 3:09 am

@mioshi11 wrote:How can i disable WYSWYG???

Click on the last icon on the right in your message box. It will give you the choice to switch editor mode but you cannot do it in the ACP. That option has now been disabled.

patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Blades on June 13th 2013, 3:10 am

@RedMomma5 wrote:
Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure. It looks like someone else gave the proper info before. I just added the following code (and it works) to stabilize the smilies and keep them from wavering when you hover over them:

Code:
.sceditor-emoticons > div > img{
width:0px !important;
height:0px !important;}
Haha, I think you just quoted me with my own edited code.

Serenity Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by mioshi11 on June 13th 2013, 3:29 am

sfoop wrote: wrote:One problem with the new editor is if you edit a post while WYSIWYG is enabled, extra line breaks are inserted after 'quote' blocks. So if you edit a post that had 'quote' stuff, don't change anything, and hit 'Send' to save it, the post will have extra lines under each 'quote' area.

How to solve this one?? I had this on my forum too...
Can anyone help us??

mioshi11
Forumember

Male Posts : 153

http://lovefx.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy on June 13th 2013, 3:59 am

I "inherited" this forum, and though I can be a great leader on the forum, this computer stuff may as well be written in Greek.

Can someone please answer 2 (hopefully) simple questions?

1. People are talking about adding the code to the CSS. What is that/where is that??

2. When we copy and paste tweets, they look very funny. Not at all how they used to look. Can we change that?

Thank you!!!

Kimmy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Blades on June 13th 2013, 4:07 am

@Kimmy wrote:I "inherited" this forum, and though I can be a great leader on the forum, this computer stuff may as well be written in Greek.

1. People are talking about adding the code to the CSS. What is that/where is that??

2. When we copy and paste tweets, they look very funny. Not at all how they used to look. Can we change that?

Thank you!!!

1. Go to your admin panel and click Display > Colors (found under Pictures and Colors) > CSS Stylesheet (found as a tab above the area you can change the colors).

2. Are you in WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) mode? Try turning it to source mode by clicking the icon that looks like a piece of paper (at the far right and second row, if there are two rows).

Serenity Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by HogwartsAcademy on June 13th 2013, 4:10 am

@The Godfather wrote:PHPBB2

2. Templates > Profile >profile_add_body:

You must remove :
Code:
<!-- BEGIN switch_cke_editor -->
<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_DISPLAY_WYSIWYG} :</span><br /><span class="gensmall">{L_DISPLAY_WYSIWYG_EXPLAIN}</span></td>
<td class="row2">
<label class="gen"><input type="radio" name="user_wysiwyg" value="1" {USER_WYSIWYG_YES} />{L_YES}</label>
<label class="gen"><input type="radio" name="user_wysiwyg" value="0" {USER_WYSIWYG_NO} />{L_NO}</label>
</td>
</tr>
<!-- END switch_cke_editor -->

Located after:

Code:
<!-- BEGIN switch_report -->
<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="gen">{switch_preferences_menu.switch_report.L_NO_REPORT_POPUP} :</span></td>
<td class="row2">
<label class="gen"><input type="radio" name="no_report_popup" value="0" {switch_preferences_menu.switch_report.NO_REPORT_POPUP_YES} />{L_YES}</label>
<label class="gen"><input type="radio" name="no_report_popup" value="1" {switch_preferences_menu.switch_report.NO_REPORT_POPUP_NO} />{L_NO}</label>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="gen">{switch_preferences_menu.switch_report.L_NO_REPORT_MAIL} :</span></td>
<td class="row2">
<label class="gen"><input type="radio" name="no_report_mail" value="0" {switch_preferences_menu.switch_report.NO_REPORT_MAIL_YES} />{L_YES}</label>
<label class="gen"><input type="radio" name="no_report_mail" value="1" {switch_preferences_menu.switch_report.NO_REPORT_MAIL_NO} />{L_NO}</label>
</td>
</tr>

I cannot find this part.. why? There is nothing with the word even "editor" in this template.. is that why I am getting this error:

Last edited by HogwartsAcademy on June 13th 2013, 4:11 am; edited 2 times in total

HogwartsAcademy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 on June 13th 2013, 4:10 am

@Kimmy wrote:I "inherited" this forum, and though I can be a great leader on the forum, this computer stuff may as well be written in Greek.

Thank you!!!

1. CSS is in your Admin panel. Go to Display ~ Colors ~ Css Style Sheet (a tab under colors)
2. No problem copying tweets. How do they look funny to you?

RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy on June 13th 2013, 4:11 am

@Serenity Blades wrote:

Thank you!!!

1. Go to your admin panel and click Display > Colors (found under Pictures and Colors) > CSS Stylesheet (found as a tab above the area you can change the colors).

2. Are you in WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) mode? Try turning it to source mode by clicking the icon that looks like a piece of paper (at the far right and second row, if there are two rows).

THANK YOU for your reply!!
Do you have to do that every time you write a post or copy and paste??

Kimmy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy on June 13th 2013, 4:11 am

@RedMomma5 wrote:

Thank you!!!

1. CSS is in your Admin panel. Go to Display ~ Colors ~ Css Style Sheet (a tab under colors)

Catherine Giudici‏
[ltr]@clmgiudici[/ltr]
2h
Can anyone 'splain me how one would find someone in this thing called Central Park?

Kimmy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Blades on June 13th 2013, 4:12 am

@Kimmy wrote:
@Serenity Blades wrote:

Thank you!!!

It should be set up so that it remembers the last state you left it in. Meaning if you turn WYSIWYG off, it will remain off.

Serenity Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimmy on June 13th 2013, 4:16 am

So every member has to do that??

Thanks so much!! My tweets look fine and my smileys are bigger. Much appreciated!!

Kimmy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on June 13th 2013, 4:30 am

@Kimmy wrote:
@Serenity Blades wrote:

Thank you!!!

@Kimmy wrote:
@RedMomma5 wrote:

Thank you!!!

Catherine Giudici‏
[ltr]@clmgiudici[/ltr]

2h
Can anyone 'splain me how one would find someone in this thing called Central Park?
Please do not double/triple post. Use the edit button. Your posts need to be separated by a 24 hour period.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36747

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Anghell on June 13th 2013, 5:02 am

I hate the new editor. I hated it the first time we almost had it.. and it's just as horrible looking now as before. If you're going to implement such an important visual change, it needs to be optional. Now I have this nice dark forum, with this glaringly horrid giant white text box..

Anghell

Back to top Go down

Post by leonidas on June 13th 2013, 5:28 am

@Serenity Blades wrote:
@leonidas wrote:

img.smiley {
width: #px !important;
height: #px !important;
}
Replace # with any number you want. Try 30 or 50 for a nice average size.

@RedMomma5 wrote:
@leonidas wrote:

This was posted a few pages back. Try adding it (maybe changing the px to suit what you want. Current px might be larger than you like (max width is 250 px and max ht is 200 px).

Code:
mg.smiley {
width: auto !important;
height: auto !important;
}

div.sceditor-emoticons {
}

thanks serenity blades and redmomma! the pain now is becoming a little bit bearable with your codes...

follow-up question, how about to change the colors of quoted messages? coz mine totally clashes with my forum theme...

thanks in advance!

leonidas
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Blades on June 13th 2013, 5:28 am

For all of you that want to change the size of the quick reply box
Code:
form#quick_reply div.sceditor-container.ltr {
 height: 300px !important;
 width: 140% !important;
 left: -20%}

If you change the width, make sure you keep to percents to make the justification constant easy.
It is the width percent minus 100 divided by 2.
If over 100, make this number negative.
150% width = -25% left.
If under 100, make this number positive.
80% width = 10% left.

@leonidas wrote:
follow-up question, how about to change the colors of quoted messages? coz mine totally clashes with my forum theme...

thanks in advance!

I have actually been trying to look into this one for everyone. No luck just yet, but I will try a little longer.

Serenity Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by Richardr on June 13th 2013, 5:37 am

Members of our forum detest the ridiculous text-coloring selection layout. Most of the colors have practically indentical twins/triplets, which is pointless and makes it hard to distinguish between colors.

Richardr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Serenity Blades on June 13th 2013, 5:38 am

@Richardr wrote:Members of our forum detest the ridiculous text-coloring selection layout. Most of the colors have practically indentical twins/triplets, which is pointless and makes it hard to distinguish between colors.
Would something like this help?
Code:
.sceditor-color-option:hover:after{
  width:20px;
  height:20px;
  display:block;
  background:inherit;
  content:" ";
  position:absolute;
  top:-24px;
  left:2px;
  border:1px solid #FFF}

Serenity Blades

Back to top Go down

Post by leonidas on June 13th 2013, 5:40 am

@Serenity Blades wrote:For all of you that want to change the size of the quick reply box
Code:

If you change the width, make sure you keep to percents to make the justification constant easy.
150% width = -25% left.
80% width = 10% left.

@leonidas wrote:

thanks in advance!

I have actually been trying to look into this one for everyone. No luck just yet, but I will try a little longer.

thanks man! really appreciate all the help...

just so unfortunate that we all have to go thru these just to make our forums look like the way they did before this horrible update...

leonidas
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddle Manor on June 13th 2013, 5:41 am

Add me to the list of people hoping & praying they get all the bugs fixed A.S.A.P.

On my forum, I have people that are inexperienced with using forums. They're just starting to get the hang of it & BAM a buggy text editor. I'll try to re-assure them as best I can, but this is an unfortunate situation.

The main functional issue I'm having (not counting the horrible color issues) is that when you leave the WYSIWYG mode, there are still html tags that are hidden & imbedded. I'll test tomorrow to see if I can keep that from happening by switching modes before typing anything. Can't say I appreciate beta testing for you though.

Muddle Manor
Forumember

Language : English, fluent in Typo

http://muddlemanor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener on June 13th 2013, 5:46 am

Now that my problem with the smileys has been sorted satisfactorily all is well.

Love the new colour selection as it has so many different shades than before & is easy to use. Thank you. Some will whinge but not to worry. The new font size looks good & the 24pt is a bit larger than previously. Excellent.

patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Eddster on June 13th 2013, 5:57 am

@Serenity Blades wrote:For all of you that want to change the size of the quick reply box
Code:

150% width = -25% left.
80% width = 10% left.

@leonidas wrote:

thanks in advance!

Hey man! I was wondering if you knew how to change the width of the quote box, or message box?

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 34 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum