The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White space problem

4 posters

Go down

In progress White space problem

Post by Chris43 June 17th 2013, 1:29 pm

Hi, the forum I administer is http://mammillaria.forumotion.net/ and since the new editor has been implemented, I have reports of a user having the following problem.

When trying to write a pm, or when he goes to the reply space at the bottom of a thread, the area for text typing seems to have a mind of its own, and just keeps on expanding, so he can never get to the "send" or "reply" button.

I don't get the same issue, nor do I on my various PCs when I log on using his ID. There must be some incompatibility between the new editor and his PC setup, as it has only happened since the editor went up.

Since I am not getting any other reports, it must be a problem local to his PC, but can anyone shed any insight as to how I can best advise him?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris43

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: White space problem

Post by Ape June 17th 2013, 1:44 pm

Please ask him to update he's browser and clear he's cache or use a 2nd browser to see if the problem is still there if it is can he send you a screen shot of the problem so we can see just what he is seeing.

Ape

White space problem Left1212White space problem Center11White space problem Right112
White space problem Ape_b110
White space problem Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress OK, wil do.

Post by Chris43 June 17th 2013, 4:36 pm

I have sent him al the steps he needs to check these out, though his English is not good, and I don't think he's very technical. I'll post here what he gives me in reply.

Thanks for now,

Chris
Chris43

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 17th 2013, 5:09 pm

Chris43 wrote:I have sent him al the steps he needs to check these out, though his English is not good, and I don't think he's very technical. I'll post here what he gives me in reply.

Thanks for now,

Chris

see if you can get him to give you a screen shot to,
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

In progress Partly solved.

Post by Chris43 June 19th 2013, 3:05 pm

The problem with white space in the pm window has gone away after my user updated his software. He still has the problem with reply box, but can stop this happening by double clicking on the lower right hand corner of the box. He hasn't sent me any screen shots, regrettably.

But at least he is back in communication.
Chris43

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr MattM June 20th 2013, 6:28 pm

I see this behavior in Internet Explorer version 8.  Version 9 and above seems fine.
Mr MattM

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris43 June 20th 2013, 7:10 pm

It does seem a bit tedious if the Forum support don't check new software such as the new Editor on a range of the most popular browsers. I know they can't check everything, but there must be many Explorer 8 users still out there, and if they are short of resources to do this, then a selected group of testers could be established with beta software prior to public release.

Apparently updating his software allows him to do pms OK, and replies also, but he has to double click on the lower right hand corner to stop it expanding. I'm awaiting a full update on what was done.
Chris43

Back to top Go down