The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

New editor won't let me quote correctly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by sagadegeminis on June 18th 2013, 4:40 am

Hello,
Me and some members in our forum are having a little problem with the new editor, it won't let us quote other posts correctly!
I believe is the WYSIWYG mode, everytime we try to quote some one, we end up typing in the quote box and won't let us type underneath.

Here is a pic, the red line is where we can't type bwi



Web: http://www.mythcloth.net/
PHPBB2

sagadegeminis
Forumember

Posts : 38
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by Sanket on June 18th 2013, 11:27 am


Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by SLGray on June 18th 2013, 6:37 pm

Press the last button on the editor to change the editor mode.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36735
Reputation : 2446
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by Superorb on June 19th 2013, 6:36 pm

@SLGray wrote:Press the last button on the editor to change the editor mode.

We shouldn't have to change the editor mode to get this to work. It should just work as it's supposed to. Every other forum software has a working Quote function and so did Forumotion before the change.

Superorb
New Member

Posts : 11
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by Sanket on June 19th 2013, 7:48 pm

Its in beta mode, it will be fixed sooner or later. There is already a fix provided in the only topic for the quote problem.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by Daisi2 on June 19th 2013, 7:55 pm

Still getting complaints about the editors workability on the Ipad and other tablets.

Sanket ofc it will be fixed sooner or later, it is a matter of can we all wait for that to happen it has been nearly 1 week now since it all went pear shaped.

Daisi2
Forumember

Posts : 99
Reputation : 6
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by Sanket on June 19th 2013, 7:58 pm

@Daisi2 wrote:Still getting complaints about the editors workability on the Ipad and other tablets.

Sanket ofc it will be fixed sooner or later, it is a matter of can we all wait for that to happen it has been nearly 1 week now since it all went pear shaped.
I am sorry, but we need to be patient now. There is nothing that can be done to fast track it. Its definitely first priority to fix these problems.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by TexasAirCooler on June 20th 2013, 12:42 am

@Sanket wrote:
@Daisi2 wrote:Still getting complaints about the editors workability on the Ipad and other tablets.

Sanket ofc it will be fixed sooner or later, it is a matter of can we all wait for that to happen it has been nearly 1 week now since it all went pear shaped.
I am sorry, but we need to be patient now. There is nothing that can be done to fast track it. Its definitely first priority to fix these problems.

Don't feel bad Daisi2, I've gotten several complaints as well, just post the instructions on how to change from one editor to the other and things will work out in time. The set up is kinda cool, it will be nice once they have the bugs worked out!

TexasAirCooler
New Member

Posts : 9
Reputation : 0
Language : ENGLISH
Location : Texas, U.S.A.

http://texasaircoolers.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by forumadminewbie on June 21st 2013, 12:12 am

Dear forumotion,

Please rethink the new editor. It won't let me quote. It hardly lets me reply when on a nexus tab. If I want to quote and then write something, I have to write WITHIN the quote.

It looks messy and is of no help to me. Please please, change it back, ASAP. I'm losing members over this. :-(

Best regards
forumadminewbie, aka Jel.

forumadminewbie
New Member

Posts : 22
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by forumadminewbie on June 21st 2013, 12:22 am

@Superorb wrote:
@SLGray wrote:Press the last button on the editor to change the editor mode.

We shouldn't have to change the editor mode to get this to work. It should just work as it's supposed to. Every other forum software has a working Quote function and so did Forumotion before the change.

YES! Exactly. Thank you. No, we shouldn't need to change it, we shouldn't need to confuse our members, and we shouldn't need that messy smilies list.

Please change it back - preferably ASAP. We are not happy!

forumadminewbie
New Member

Posts : 22
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by forumadminewbie on June 21st 2013, 12:29 am

@Sanket wrote:Its in beta mode, it will be fixed sooner or later. There is already a fix provided in the only topic for the quote problem.

A programming quick fix made by a member is hardly the way to go if you have chosen a basic free forum because you suck at programming, which is the case for me.
I don't want to have to be forced to programme away this huge mistake.

forumadminewbie
New Member

Posts : 22
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by SLGray on June 21st 2013, 3:01 am

@forumadminewbie wrote:Dear forumotion,

Please rethink the new editor. It won't let me quote. It hardly lets me reply when on a nexus tab. If I want to quote and then write something, I have to write WITHIN the quote.

It looks messy and is of no help to me. Please please, change it back, ASAP. I'm losing members over this. :-(

Best regards
forumadminewbie, aka Jel.

@forumadminewbie wrote:
@Superorb wrote:
@SLGray wrote:Press the last button on the editor to change the editor mode.

We shouldn't have to change the editor mode to get this to work. It should just work as it's supposed to. Every other forum software has a working Quote function and so did Forumotion before the change.

YES! Exactly. Thank you. No, we shouldn't need to change it, we shouldn't need to confuse our members, and we shouldn't need that messy smilies list.

Please change it back - preferably ASAP. We are not happy!

@forumadminewbie wrote:
@Sanket wrote:Its in beta mode, it will be fixed sooner or later. There is already a fix provided in the only topic for the quote problem.

A programming quick fix made by a member is hardly the way to go if you have chosen a basic free forum because you suck at programming, which is the case for me.
I don't want to have to be forced to programme away this huge mistake.
Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

Since this is your third reminder, you have received a warning.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36735
Reputation : 2446
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by viviavis on June 22nd 2013, 8:01 am

Oh this is good then i will try onwards that use it.

viviavis
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by Sanket on June 25th 2013, 12:36 pm

This problem is fixed for all now?

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Reputation : 2819
Language : English
Location : Mumbai

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New editor won't let me quote correctly

Post by Guest on June 25th 2013, 12:42 pm

Thank you sanket now mine is fixed Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum