The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to move the contents of a phpbb forum to my forumotion forum?

2 posters

Go down

How to move the contents of a phpbb forum to my forumotion forum? Empty How to move the contents of a phpbb forum to my forumotion forum?

Post by Yada June 18th 2013, 11:41 pm

Hello. I have a domain and there is a forum there which is very complicated for me to manage. I want to go back to my old forum and link it up to my site so people will start posting again.. However, I would like to move the contents (if not the members) of this phpbb forum to my previous forumotion forum.. Is it possible to do that?

Thank you for your time to read this...
Yada
Yada
Forumember

Female Posts : 132
Language : English

http://simplyriley.fanforum.biz/

Back to top Go down

How to move the contents of a phpbb forum to my forumotion forum? Empty Re: How to move the contents of a phpbb forum to my forumotion forum?

Post by kirk June 18th 2013, 11:53 pm

There is no way to transfer data from another site to forumotion the same way you can not transfer data from forumotion to another site. Forumotion do not offer this at this time. It has been suggested many times. But most free hosting do not offer any data transfers.

All i can suggest is that you make an announcement that you are moving to a new site, and to leave your forum you have open now for like a month or so to allow members to copy any of their post over to your new forum.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

How to move the contents of a phpbb forum to my forumotion forum? Empty Re: How to move the contents of a phpbb forum to my forumotion forum?

Post by Yada June 19th 2013, 11:10 pm

I see... Thank you for the swift reply!
I hope things change soon! Smile
Yada
Yada
Forumember

Female Posts : 132
Language : English

http://simplyriley.fanforum.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 19th 2013, 11:53 pm

no prob. i am sure if it dose it will be announced Smile

Topic now marked solved and moved to archives
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum