The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

forum to share tips

View previous topic View next topic Go down

good idea

25% 25% 
[ 1 ]
75% 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

forum to share tips

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on July 12th 2013, 5:40 pm

where admins to share ideas/tips to improve their forum. maybe only allow member who got over 5000 members on their forum to be able to post in the forum so it cant be flood with new people to forum i dont think it be to hard to look after, this may even help forumotion to grow.

becasue i would love to read idea off other admin who forum as many members, i got nearly 12,000 members and running out of ideas

just n idea blackeye

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: forum to share tips

Post by Derri on July 12th 2013, 6:35 pm

I like the idea but in the "Forum Discussion" section we already have discussions in which admins have shared tips on how to run a successful forum form a variety of view points. 

I mean I don't know if anyone's got over 5000 members who's took part in those discussions but I don't think an entire forum would be popular enough or be posted in regularly. 

I think sticking with what we have currently is a good idea, that way we can all share tips/advice.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- on July 12th 2013, 8:10 pm

@Derri wrote:I like the idea but in the "Forum Discussion" section we already have discussions in which admins have shared tips on how to run a successful forum form a variety of view points. 

I mean I don't know if anyone's got over 5000 members who's took part in those discussions but I don't think an entire forum would be popular enough or be posted in regularly. 

I think sticking with what we have currently is a good idea, that way we can all share tips/advice.

where is can i share what i know? i'm not willing to share what i do with newbies (sorry to the new members to forums not just not willing to share what i do to get my forum so big without getting extra ideas) but i would if there was an forum where i can get other ideas from forum admins that know how to make big forums Smile

Link removed <<-- you can have look I'm not making this up

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on July 12th 2013, 8:22 pm

I'm aware you have an established forum, you don't fail to mention it every-time you threaten to leave forumotion. 

Personally a forum where all the bigshots discuss on how to get their forum bigger meanwhile the newer forums struggle is just sad and selfish in my honest opinion. If anything a big forum giving advice to new forumers would be more beneficial than big forums sharing idea with other big forums. 

I'm now made up my mind, I'm voting no. 

I don't appreciate the philosophy of "The rich get richer while the poor get poorer" which is exactly what this suggestion is --a place for bigshots to discuss getting their forum bigger--

Actually giving advice to the new forum members and sharing ideas as a community within forumotion would be an idea I'd support but I don't support this one. 

Voted no!

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on July 12th 2013, 9:37 pm

I voted no also and for the same reasons as Derri. This topic seems like nothing more than an excuse to mention how many members they have. If the truth be known that is the entire purpose of this topics creation.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on July 12th 2013, 10:25 pm

@Steve: Can you not post a link to your forum please? It is considered as advertising if it's not for the purpose of support.

As for the suggestion at hand, I don't think that such a section is absolutely necessary.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 2nd 2014, 12:10 pm

This can already be discussed on the Forum Discussions section.

Suggestion Refused

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum