The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to retrieve deleted threads, can't remember old account password

3 posters

Go down

In progress Trying to retrieve deleted threads, can't remember old account password

Post by request July 13th 2013, 8:22 pm

During January 2013 I have deleted some threads that contained some good posts, I was wondering if I could retrieve it.  I have tried to use The utilities - back up  and restore option,  my  email is correct as I haven't changed it since its creation,  I also have the name of the old website which I have changed,  but  I don't remember the account creation password I used in the first place as I have changed it  a year later.

This is my forum http://theplace2.iftopic.com/

Kind regards
request

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Trying to retrieve deleted threads, can't remember old account password

Post by SLGray July 13th 2013, 8:46 pm

If you do restore your forum (messages) to an earlier date, you will lost any new messages created after that date.

If you do a full restore, you also lost new members.

Trying to retrieve deleted threads, can't remember old account password Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Trying to retrieve deleted threads, can't remember old account password

Post by request July 13th 2013, 8:52 pm

That is true but  I haven't used my website much since 2013 February, so not much will be lost,  only  a thread created in January will be retrieved.
request

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 13th 2013, 8:56 pm

So the issue is that you can not log into the Forum Utilities?

Trying to retrieve deleted threads, can't remember old account password Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by request July 13th 2013, 9:15 pm

Yes that is the issue even though I have the original email,  original website,  but only forgotten the old password.
request

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 13th 2013, 9:17 pm

request wrote:Yes that is the issue even though I have the original email,  original website,  but only forgotten the old password.

Here: https://help.forumotion.com/t93821-lost-founder-s-password

You can request a password change.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by request July 13th 2013, 9:35 pm

Thanks, but my forum password is working fine.  The problem is the account creation password(the first password)  which I have forgotten,  I need that to rest the back up.
request

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 13th 2013, 9:46 pm

request wrote:Thanks, but my forum password is working fine.  The problem is the account creation password(the first password)  which I have forgotten,  I need that to rest the back up.

What do you mean, you've forgotten your first password?

Read that tutorial it has instructions on how to gain access to the utilities if you've forgotten your first password.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by request July 13th 2013, 9:54 pm

Ok thanks I have pmed them about  I can log into the forum but my password doesn't work for the founder tool.
request

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 13th 2013, 10:11 pm

Oh and note that don't send the PM to LeeLoo as he's no longer with FM.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum