The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

tough problem with new users

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress tough problem with new users

Post by azkero on July 20th 2013, 2:33 am

Hello users,

I decided that my group of people that I feel connected to need a forum to keep in touch but lets forget why I need forum.

I have created the forum and I want to know if there is any possibility to make sure the the new registered users will go to specific group what means that they will not be able to see anything except 1 topic. 
Let me give you an example.
I have 2 sections on the forum, I want to have 1 sections visible to all users who have registered on the forum since I do not know who is going to read the forum. I want to keep second part private. 

So i want to have 4 groups Admin, Mod, Members and Recruit

I want to set up right permissions to Recruit member who will be able to see only 1 section of the forum and I want to have all new registered users to have this group, can anyone tell me if its doable and if yes how?

I think I am allright with doing permissions on the forum but I feel really lost and cannot manage to do it. 

TLDR: I want to have 4 groups and 2 sections of the forum. 2 groups for trusted members and not trusted. I want to have all registered users with group for not trusted members. Help?!mwii

azkero

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: tough problem with new users

Post by SLGray on July 20th 2013, 3:11 am

Create two groups:

Recruit - set to autosubscribe ( 0 post)
Member - set to autosubscribe ( number posts )

Then set the permissions for the forums for these groups.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36697
Language : English

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: tough problem with new users

Post by azkero on July 20th 2013, 6:13 pm

but I do not think its fixes the problem with registration, they have no group, and I want them to have group Recruit when they register.

Yea, i think it works but the problem is that I cannot edit the permissions on the forum which is sad a bit, not sure why.

azkero

Language : english

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum