The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delete photos in Gallery Back-up folder?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pro Admin Delete photos in Gallery Back-up folder?

Post by Castellana 22/7/2013, 07:30

Hello!   Hello 

My forum has a Gallery where we put photos.  Whenever a photo is deleted, it moves to a back-up folder. 

I see no need for a backup-folder.  Is there one? 

If I don't want a backup folder do I have to have one?  

If I want to delete certain photos permanently from the forum, what do I do?

Thanks!
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Female Posts : 282
Language : english

http://cvas.forumotion.com/portal

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Delete photos in Gallery Back-up folder?

Post by kirk 25/7/2013, 00:07

as a admin you should be able to delete anyone's album or photos that are uploaded/added.
i have not used the gallery in years so will have to go through everything on one of my test forums and see whats what. i don't even recall ever having a backup folder?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 25/7/2013, 01:26

That's just it - the backup folder exists but there is no way to delete from it.  I can delete personal albums and photos, but all the deleted photos go into the backup folder. 

It's cumbersome, and is taking up storage space, I'm sure. 

I've tried every option from the Portal page and from the ACP.  There is no mention of the backup folder in the ACP -> Modules -> Gallery sequence. 

Thanks for looking into it, Kirk.  I hope to hear back from you.
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 25/7/2013, 01:29

See if they are being saved on www.servimg.com ?

Delete photos in Gallery Back-up folder?  Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 25/7/2013, 01:58

Now this might sound strange, but I have never logged into the servimg account.  So if you could just tell me - when they ask for an email address, do they mean my founder's email for forumotion?
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 25/7/2013, 02:28

The one you used to create your forum. When you create your forum, a Servimg account is set up, too.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 25/7/2013, 15:02

The forum was created by a guy who turned over the founder responsibility to me, shortly after.  I created a new gmail account for the founder.  I have no idea what email account was used in the original set-up. I might have to post this as a separate issue ...

But here is some information that might help -
I right clicked on many of the backup folder images, by different users, and the image info says they are all being stored in the same imgfast file. 

Thanks for your help!
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 25/7/2013, 15:45

Solved?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 25/7/2013, 16:23

No, I was just thanking him for his help. 

Maybe it would be solved if I knew what the imgfast file was and if I could get into it to delete photos I don't need anymore. 

Also, I have the founder's account now and a new email for it. So, is the email account created by me considered to be the account associated with the forum at set-up?  Does my email account replace the original one?
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 25/7/2013, 18:06

the new email will not replace the old/original email the forum was created with unless you change it in your forums utilities.

where is the back up folder i do not see any kind of back up folder anywhere?
can you post some screen shots so we can see?
imgfast?? i don't know what that is either so we need to see screen shots.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 25/7/2013, 18:48

Thanks, again.  I will get the screenshots but first, I am getting concerned about the forum security. 

The original "founder" gave me the password that he used to create the forum and I'm sure he used his regular email address. 

Using his password, I took over the Admin account and became the founder.  I changed the password to something stronger.  The original founder is now a regular member with no special rank. 

What I want to know is - who owns the forum?  I have the Admin account and control the Admin panel.  Am I the owner?  Can the original founder access the Utilities and take over again? 

I'm a little worried, now. Confused
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 25/7/2013, 18:56

Castellana wrote:  Can the original founder access the Utilities and take over again? 

well yeah if you never changed the pass and email in the forums utilities and he still remember the original pass and email the forum was created with then yes he can log in to the utilities anytime. When you take a forum over, the first thing you do is ask for access to the forums utilities so you can change the email and pass for you.

But we are getting off track here. please stay on topic and just start another thread for utilities access.
However it would be best to contact him and ask him for the original email and pass the forum was created with.,otherwise it can be a mess getting a new pass sent to a new email/new founder. Only a pro admin can do this and they have to confirm a bunch of info first to be sure you are indeed the forums new owner etc.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 25/7/2013, 19:09

Okay, will do.  Thanks again.

Here is screen shot showing the Gallery Backup folder link.
Delete photos in Gallery Back-up folder?  Galler10

Only Members can see the Gallery and only Admins can see the Moderation and Backup folder tools. 

When I click the Backup folder link, it takes me to a file of deleted images.  When I right click on one, and click View Image Info, it shows me an r21.imgfast.net/users/ address.

Last edited by Castellana on 25/7/2013, 20:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to supply screenshot)
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 25/7/2013, 19:37

Could you also post a screenshot of the gallery pages in the administration panel?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 25/7/2013, 19:40

well from what i tested it seems the backup folder is only there to restore any images

as far as imgfast?
i get imgfast.net in the image links and dose not exist on forumotiom?
also it has nothing to do with the servimg account because i have checked in there and the images was not uploaded to that. they are being uploaded to imgfast whatever that is. i don't know of anyway to access it nor even found anything to log in or create a account with imgfast.

So i don't know of anyway how to delete the backup folder at this time. nor do i even remember forumotion having this in the past. but it has been a very long time since i messed with the gallery so guess this has been added when ever?

Honestly, in my opinion. There is no reason to even use the forums gallery. your whole forum can be gallery, just use image host and embed thumb nails and post images in post. that's why i do and don't even activate my forums gallery. but understand some like to use it to i was just saying as far as me i would not use the gallery, but that's just me.

Whatever the case don't look like there is anyway to get rid of the backup folder unless there is some way or somewhere to get into this imgfast host?

i guess it will only store up to 20 mb for free anyway?  but not sure. i cant remember ever seeing a back up folder before>?

It actually raises a couple questions to me now to
. Like what if you have pics set to be moderated/approved first, and someone uploads something inappropriate/in violation of forumotions tos and you do not allow and delete the image? now it is stuck in this back-up folder.. so yeah we will have to see if any other staff has more info on this.I mean of course if a member did this they can be banned etc.. but i don't like that fact that if something like that did happen now you have the stupid images that was in violation lingering around is a silly backup folder you have no access to? lol

Anyway lets wait and see what other staff or members have to say or may know. Once again i do not know much about the gallery because i never used it.

Last edited by kirk on 25/7/2013, 19:46; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 25/7/2013, 19:45

Under the Management section of the Gallery option, is the back up folder listed?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 25/7/2013, 19:53

SLGray wrote:Under the Management section of the Gallery option, is the back up folder listed?
No i dint see it anywhere in the acp galleries options. they have storage options. but it dose not show in there, i don't think backup folder would even be stored there? but not 100% on that either?

The only place i see this back up folder is in the gallery options in the gallery on the forum. and no way to access it. only the option to restore images that's it.

yeah what i did is set up the gallery on my test forum. i created a admin gallery uploaded a pic then deleted the image and the gallery. you then go to where it was and you see the images removed but a back up folder is there. when you click on the backup folder it has the option to restore the image. but that's it. there is no access in to the folder to remove/edit/delete any images that are in there.. and only admins and mods can see the backup folder. i don't think mods can see it unless you have  the permissions set for them to moderate the galleries.

so beats me. it has been so long i have no clue when they added this back up folder, or of it has been there like this forever?  lol
i mean it is a good thing in case you had to restore anything that was deleted by mistake.
but on the other hand, if you have some moron member posting images that are in violation. now you would still have them lingering in the backup folder and cant get rid of them? that's the only thing i don't like?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 25/7/2013, 20:13

kirk wrote:i mean it is a good thing in case you had to restore anything that was deleted by mistake.
but on the other hand, if you have some moron member posting images that are in violation. now you would still have them lingering in the backup folder and cant get rid of them? that's the only thing i don't like?
This is what I think, too.  That, and the storage space taken up and also I just don't like useless stuff hanging around.  

SL Gray wrote:Under the Management section of the Gallery option, is the back up folder listed?
No, it is not.  
None of the Gallery pages have a reference to the Backup folder.

Kirk's last post kind of sums it up.  Do you still want a screenshot of the ACP Gallery pages?
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 25/7/2013, 22:49

It wont hurt to post it so we can see, but at this point i do not see anyway of access the backup folder?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 26/7/2013, 01:13

I agree.

Screenshot of ACP Gallery Configuration:
Delete photos in Gallery Back-up folder?  Acp_ga14

And one of ACP Gallery Management:
Delete photos in Gallery Back-up folder?  Acp_ga13 

I have clicked on and followed every link and opportunity in all seven pages of the Gallery module.
There is no mention of a backup folder.
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 26/7/2013, 06:55

Are you able to login into servimg.com ? With the founder's details?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 26/7/2013, 15:04

No, I don't have the original founder's details for servimg.  
When I took over the forum, I created a new email account and that new account lets me log into servimg with a new password.  I logged into servimg and saw a few photos that I had posted on the forum, and that's all.  

The original founder is supposed to let me know what he used to create the forum, i.e., email address and password, but as far as servimg, we did not discuss it.  

We both thought that all he had to do was give me the founder's account and the forum transfer would be complete.
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 26/7/2013, 15:21

The creation email & password the founder used will be the login details for servimg.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 26/7/2013, 15:35

Sanket wrote:The creation email & password the founder used will be the login details for servimg.
In that case, once he sends that to me I should be able to access not only servimg but the forum Utilities, too.  He said he would look them up after work and send them to me.

It will be interesting to see what's in that servimg file.
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 26/7/2013, 15:53

Yes, thats what i mean. You should be able to login into the servimg account.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 28/7/2013, 18:45

The original founder has just informed me that he can't find his original password that he used to create the forum.

I believe I know the email he used and I remember the gist of the password, but do not remember it exactly.

We have come to a standstill. I don't know what to do next.
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 29/7/2013, 12:18

If you know the creation email for the account, check the link in my signature for forgotten passwords. I am not sure, if it will reset it for the servimg account. But, we can try it.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Castellana 29/7/2013, 15:22

PM sent!
Thanks. Very Happy 
Castellana
Castellana
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygenie 29/7/2013, 18:18

Hiya Very Happy 

I decided to join in this thread because I have the same query of how to delete pictures from the Gallery Back-up Folder.
I logged into servimg.com, the pictures are not stored there to enable deletion of them, I then checked the URL of my avatar and it was this https://2img.net/u/2417/31/90/50/avatars/1-35.gif I then checked imgfast.net and it brought me to Forumotion.com and this is what it says at the top of the page:

The forum r24.imgfast.net doesn't exist.
Verify the internet address you typed: r24.imgfast.net,
and try again if there is a mistake.
It is possible that the administrator has chosen to delete it.

I find this odd as my avatar was hosted by imgfast apparently.

The gallery back-up folder can be useful if somebody has uploaded an offensive picture as it provides proof of it if someone reports it but we should be be able to delete them permanently to save storage space but what's happening members are being forced to buy credits to buy more storage space.

Is it possible that the coding for the back-up folder wasn't completed? otherwise it seems it's there as a way to force people to buy extra storage space, I also find it strange how Forumotion staff are unaware of the gallery back-up folder, surely this addition to the gallery would have been announced on the home page?

It would be good if someone could take a look at the coding for the back-up folder and add a delete option as well Very Happy 

My forum link is http://simplychatterbox.forumotion.co.uk/

Last edited by ladygenie on 29/7/2013, 18:29; edited 1 time in total
ladygenie

Language : English (UK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray 29/7/2013, 18:21

ladygenie wrote:Hiya Very Happy 

I decided to join in this thread because I have the same query of how to delete pictures from the Gallery Back-up Folder.
I logged into servimg.com, the pictures are not stored there to enable deletion of them, I then checked the URL of my avatar and it was this https://2img.net/u/2417/31/90/50/avatars/1-35.gif I then checked imgfast.net and it brought me to Forumotion.com and this is what it says at the top of the page:

The forum r24.imgfast.net doesn't exist.
Verify the internet address you typed: r24.imgfast.net,

I find this odd as my avatar was hosted by imgfast apparently.

The gallery back-up folder can be useful if somebody has uploaded an offensive picture as it provides proof of it if someone reports it but we should be be able to delete them permanently to save storage space but what's happening members are being forced to buy credits to buy more storage space.

Is it possible that the coding for the back-up folder wasn't completed? otherwise it seems it's there as a way to force people to buy extra storage space, I also find it strange how Forumotion staff are unaware of the gallery back-up folder, surely this addition to the gallery would have been announced on the home page?

It would be good if someone could take a look at the coding for the back-up folder and add a delete option as well Very Happy 

My forum link is http://simplychatterbox.forumotion.co.uk/

Many thanks.
[b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"]The forum [b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 1.1em;"]r24.imgfast.[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]
[b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 1.1em;"]net[/b] doesn't exist.[/b][/b][/b][/b]
Verify the internet address you typed : r24.imgfast.net,
[b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"][b style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); display: block; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.2em;"]The forum [b style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 1.1em;"]r24.imgfast.net[/b] doesn't exist.[/b][/b][/b][/b]
Verify the internet address you typed : r24.imgfast.net,
Please don't use bold or color. Please keep to the default text. This is reserved for the staff for moderation.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next