The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Remove and Add searchbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Remove and Add searchbox

Post by ryz on July 26th 2013, 1:57 pm

I want to remove the searchbox i have seen in the picture on the right side on my navigation box, and i want that searchbox which is a searchbox that searches the whole forum to be where i edited it in the picture to the right of the green text which is in the main forum section which has overview of all the forums etc.

ryz
Forumember

Male Posts : 85
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Remove and Add searchbox

Post by Omu on July 28th 2013, 1:00 am

Add in ACP > Modules > Javascript codes management > Create a new code ( display to all pages ) and add this:

Code:
$(document).ready(function() {
$('#page-header .navbar #search-box').insertBefore('li.rightside a[href="/?mark=forums"]').css({'float': 'left', 'position': 'relative', 'top': '-10px'});
});

Omu
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1019
Language : Romanian, English, French

http://supportdrops.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ryz on July 28th 2013, 6:18 am

@Omu wrote:Add in ACP > Modules > Javascript codes management > Create a new code ( display to all pages ) and add this:

Code:
$(document).ready(function() {
$('#page-header .navbar #search-box').insertBefore('li.rightside a[href="/?mark=forums"]').css({'float': 'left', 'position': 'relative', 'top': '-10px'});
});

That code did nothing for me.

ryz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Omu on July 28th 2013, 3:38 pm

If you have enabled the Javascript codes management and if you chose to display that code to all the pages it MUST work!
BTW, the code is for phpbb3.

Omu
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1019
Language : Romanian, English, French

http://supportdrops.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on July 28th 2013, 3:43 pm

Add this to your CSS stylesheet just to remove the search box, I don't know how to add one. If you use the toolbar it has a search, so maybe that is all you need?

Code:
#search-box {
display: none !important;
}

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by ryz on July 28th 2013, 10:30 pm

@runawayhorses wrote:Add this to your CSS stylesheet just to remove the search box, I don't know how to add one. If you use the toolbar it has a search, so maybe that is all you need?

Code:
#search-box {
display: none !important;
}

Code worked to remove it. I'm not fond of and neither will use a toolbar.

ryz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on July 29th 2013, 12:23 am

Well if you don't want to use the toolbar and you want a search box on your forum like the one you removed you have some other options to consider. First take that CSS code out from your stylesheet that I gave you to remove the search and resume looking for a javascript solution to move the search where you want it. You say it didn't work, well ok, maybe he can figure out why. Or you could add my code back to remove the search and consider adding a "search" widget to your forum like the widgets your see on this forum right-hand side. All those things you see there like "Latest Topics" "Keywords" etc are called widgets that you can add to your forum, and there is a "search" widget you can choose. Or you could continue to seek help with all your issues on that other site I mentioned. They can get it done, you just have to help them help you by giving them your forum URL and test account. Or you can continue to ask questions here until someone comes along and shows you some codes that works.

But I'm done here, good luck.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum