The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

I want to reset a posters post count

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress I want to reset a posters post count

Post by Flappypaddles on July 28th 2013, 8:13 pm

I have tried the Synchronize a user  in the configuration section and the help button suggests that will do it, but his post count remains the same.
does it take time to happen or is there some other way of doing it, or can't it be done at all

Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 201
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I want to reset a posters post count

Post by KaceyStevens on July 28th 2013, 8:19 pm

Delete all the posts manually....sorry.

KaceyStevens
New Member

Posts : 20
Reputation : 3
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I want to reset a posters post count

Post by Flappypaddles on July 28th 2013, 10:01 pm

@KaceyStevens wrote:Delete all the posts manually....sorry.
I don't want to delete the posts themselves, just reset the post count. also there could be many thousands of posts.

Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 201
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I want to reset a posters post count

Post by Derri on July 28th 2013, 10:02 pm

@Flappypaddles wrote:
@KaceyStevens wrote:Delete all the posts manually....sorry.
I don't want to delete the posts themselves, just reset the post count. also there could be many thousands of posts.

that's the only way, sorry.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I want to reset a posters post count

Post by SLGray on July 28th 2013, 11:36 pm

Post count can not be reset. The only way to change the count is by posting more messages or deleting messages.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35624
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I want to reset a posters post count

Post by Flappypaddles on July 29th 2013, 12:27 am

@SLGray wrote:Post count can not be reset. The only way to change the count is by posting more messages or deleting messages.

then what does the Synchronize a user in the configuration section do?

Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 201
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I want to reset a posters post count

Post by Derri on July 29th 2013, 12:38 am

@Flappypaddles wrote:
@SLGray wrote:Post count can not be reset. The only way to change the count is by posting more messages or deleting messages.

then what does the Synchronize a user in the configuration section do?

It resets there PM count to zero and can solve issues regarding post count and other minor bugs. For example if you delete all posts from somebody their post count might not go down (the number) so doing this resets it to zero. It is also used to fix any kind of minor profile bugs and things not updating for members.




Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I want to reset a posters post count

Post by Flappypaddles on July 30th 2013, 1:13 am

@Derri wrote:
@Flappypaddles wrote:
@SLGray wrote:Post count can not be reset. The only way to change the count is by posting more messages or deleting messages.

then what does the Synchronize a user in the configuration section do?

It resets there PM count to zero and can solve issues regarding post count and other minor bugs. For example if you delete all posts from somebody their post count might not go down (the number) so doing this resets it to zero. It is also used to fix any kind of minor profile bugs and things not updating for members.




cheers for the explaination

Flappypaddles
Forumember

Posts : 201
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: I want to reset a posters post count

Post by kirk on July 30th 2013, 1:26 am

Since the question was answered i will now mark as solved and move to archives.

kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Reputation : 651
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum