The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Missing posts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Missing posts

Post by alicia on August 1st 2013, 6:55 pm

One of my forum members has alerted me to the fact that our cumulative post count has been dropping and I know that I have not deleted and threads, categories or members.

We were nearing the 70,000 post mark and we were patting ourselves on the back as we are such a small forum.  Then after the new message editor blips we lost about 1000 posts.  Since then a member has noticed today that we are now down to just over 67,000 posts.

In the grand scheme of things this is not important but we are just curious to know where these posts could have gone.

I do not have pruning in the basket activated.

Any ideas?  My forum is a closed private forum for security reasons so there is no point posting the link as there is not outside access except to the registration page.

thank you for your time.

alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Missing posts

Post by Base on August 1st 2013, 7:26 pm

Hello,

Could there be a moderator or another admin who has been deleting the posts? You can check the security logs at:

1. Administration Panel (advanced mode)
2. General Tab
3. Security (on the left, under Forum)
4. Scroll down to see the logs
5. Moderation Tab

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia on August 1st 2013, 8:46 pm

Unlikely I should think, but thank you, I will go and check as you have suggested.

Hello Base, I have looked and I don't understand what is happening. There are moderators names then it says Date - (recent dates);Activity - 'Forum Automatic Prune'. then Description - Posts prior to (date) pruned from the (name of section).

I apologise but I don't understand this. Can you explain please? I have automatic pruning switched off.

alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia on August 3rd 2013, 9:35 am

Looking into this further it seems that somehow the auto pruning had been switched on and pruning in the basket had been switched off. I am the only administrator and I did not do this. I can only think it was a glitch when I was making adjustments during the message editor business.

I am disappointed as we were so near the milestone of 70,000 posts but I have made the necessary adjustments and hopefully we won't lose any more posts.

alicia
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on August 3rd 2013, 1:02 pm

Ah, alright then. So can we consider this solved now?

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum