The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Log out to portal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 14th 2013, 9:49 am

Hi again, here's my problem this time around:

I've recently made the portal my main site page. Now when users log out OR log in, it goes to the forum page, NOT the portal page
i would like it when users log in and log out for it to go to my portal page, NOT my forum page
here's the link i use currently for logging out:
 http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/login?logout=1

thanks! it'd be really awesome if we could figure this out!!

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 15th 2013, 8:01 pm

Bump

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Sir Chivas™ on August 15th 2013, 8:04 pm

Hi,

Have you tried this?
ACP >> Display >> Homepage >> Generalities >> Your forum redirects to : []Portal

Regards,
Sir Chivas.



Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.



Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6783
Reputation : 430
Language : EN, FR, ES
Location : || CSS || HTML || Graphics Designs || Support ||

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 15th 2013, 8:18 pm

Sir Chivas™ wrote:Hi,

Have you tried this?
ACP >> Display >> Homepage >> Generalities >> Your forum redirects to : []Portal

Regards,
Sir Chivas.
 Yeah I've already done that. I think I'll have to set a cookie, or insert JavaScript to fix this.

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 16th 2013, 8:17 pm

Bump...

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 17th 2013, 11:41 pm

Bump again!

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 18th 2013, 11:43 pm

Bump... again

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 20th 2013, 12:01 am

Just gonna keep bumping till i get an answer hah!

i could help with suggestions: Log out javascript code i could insert? change/add something to templates?
please this would really be awesome!

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 21st 2013, 12:30 am

BUMP...........

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by SLGray on August 21st 2013, 3:31 am

I have not seen any codes that will achieve this.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36639
Reputation : 2441
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 21st 2013, 6:37 am

@SLGray wrote:I have not seen any codes that will achieve this.
well that sucks Crying or Very sad
absolutely nothing? no javascript? no CSS? Couldn't add any code to templates?

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Neptune- on August 23rd 2013, 12:25 pm

Hello !

Let's give it a try

Code:
$(function() {
var url = $('a[href^="/login?logout="]').attr('href');
$('a[href^="/login?logout="]').attr('href',''+url+'&redirect=/portal');
});
To place as a new javascript active on all pages.

Neptune-
Forumember

Male Posts : 187
Reputation : 21
Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (1)
Location : France

http://www.planet-series.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 24th 2013, 12:08 am

@Neptune- wrote:Hello !

Let's give it a try

Code:
$(function() {
var url = $('a[href^="/login?logout="]').attr('href');
$('a[href^="/login?logout="]').attr('href',''+url+'&redirect=/portal');
});
To place as a new javascript active on all pages.
this didnt work buit thank you for trying!

now i dont know if this will do anything... but the link im using for logging out is:
http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/login?logout=1

thats the link our users use for logging out all of the time.
i put in "1" after the = symbol in those 2 lines but it still didnt work... i also tried switching the logout url to
1. http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/portal/login?logout=1
2. http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/portal?login?logout=1
3. http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/login?logout=1/portal
4. http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/login?logout/portal
5. http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/portal=login?logout=1

Crying or Very sad

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by runawayhorses on August 24th 2013, 1:03 am

The logout links (numbers) change every time you login and out automatically, its done server side with scripting, when you make a permanent link like what you're doing your members aren't clicking the new updated scripted logout link, they are clicking your logout link thats suppose to change. That can cause a lot of problems. You shouldn't write a logout link, let the forum server handle it.

this is a typical ending of a logout link, after the address/ and it changes numbers all the time by the forum server, and its different for everyone.

Code:
logout=1&tid=74c96cd47094a93191e135cd6c474161&key=423c34

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 24th 2013, 2:12 am

@runawayhorses wrote:The logout links (numbers) change every time you login and out automatically, its done server side with scripting, when you make a permanent link like what you're doing your members aren't clicking the new updated scripted logout link, they are clicking your logout link thats suppose to change. That can cause a lot of problems. You shouldn't write a logout link, let the forum server handle it.

this is a typical ending of a logout link, after the address/ and it changes numbers all the time by the forum server, and its different for everyone.

Code:
logout=1&tid=74c96cd47094a93191e135cd6c474161&key=423c34
i've got a different navbar, a drop down one so im forced to create a link for it
also when you use the logout on the toolbar at the very top, it has a written code, same as the one i just posted

i havent had a single problem with logging out with this written code. Not 1 single problem.

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by runawayhorses on August 24th 2013, 2:18 am

Hmm, I see what you mean I just looked at the toolbar link. But understand the toolbar uses javascript, and the link clicked on the toolbar is processed with scripts.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 24th 2013, 2:24 am

@runawayhorses wrote:Hmm, I see what you mean I just looked at the toolbar link. But understand the toolbar uses javascript, and the link clicked on the toolbar is processed with scripts.
ok, so is there a way to make it so i can log out to the portal using javascript?
logging out isnt a issue, so we dont need to worry about that. no viruses or anything bad has happened once since we've started using that link to log out under "Other"

this problem isnt an absolute must, its just something that'd be really nice, and a lot of my members have asked me to see if its possible to do this Wink

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by runawayhorses on August 24th 2013, 2:32 am

The issue is really being directed to the portal page when they login, correct? I was going off of your cookie statements when you started talking about logging out might have something to do with it, but really I don't see how logging out has anything to with logging in and being directed to the portal page like you have it set to do in the admin panel. A new member with no previous cookie should go to the portal page just as anyone else logging in. I don't see this as a cookie issue. I don't know what the problem is, seriously.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 24th 2013, 2:44 am

@runawayhorses wrote:The issue is really being directed to the portal page when they login, correct? I was going off of your cookie statements when you started talking about logging out might have something to do with it, but really I don't see how logging out has anything to with logging in and being directed to the portal page like you have it set to do in the admin panel. A new member with no previous cookie should go to the portal page just as anyone else logging in. I don't see this as a cookie issue. I don't know what the problem is, seriously.
ya like lets say a user who is logged out, goes to the portal page. I have a login box as you can see for yourself...

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

then when they log in, it re-directs them to the index, NOT the portal

should i try clearing everything on my browser, cookies, history, etc and see if that changes anything?

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by runawayhorses on August 24th 2013, 2:49 am

I really don't think cookies history or any of that has anything to do with where it directs you when you login.

Is that a default login widget from forumtion or did you make that one yourself?

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 24th 2013, 2:57 am

@runawayhorses wrote:I really don't think cookies history or any of that has anything to do with where it directs you when you login.

Is that a default login widget from forumtion or did you make that one yourself?
default Smile

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by runawayhorses on August 24th 2013, 3:00 am

If you click the toolbar login and it takes you to the regular login page, and you login from there where does it direct you to the portal or the index?

This problem of directing you to the index page at login only happens when you use the widget from the portal page?

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 24th 2013, 3:04 am

@runawayhorses wrote:If you click the toolbar login and it takes you to the regular login page, and you login from there where does it direct you to the portal or the index?

This problem of directing you to the index page at login only happens when you use the widget from the portal page?
index. just tried.
whenever a user logs outs, it re-directs the page to the index once the user is logged out. then when the user logs back in, using the toolbar, the widget on the portal, or the quick login on the index, it re-directs them to the index.

and yes, i have "forum re-directs to: portal" checked off

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by runawayhorses on August 24th 2013, 3:14 am

This link here takes you to the portal: http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

That is a link without the /portal on it and it takes you to the portal, that means your forum is indeed directing people that click that link to the portal page when before it would take them to the index before you switched it, thats all its suppose to do. When someone logs in or out thats a different story, its going to direct them to the index, its supposed to do that, only when you click this link http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/ is it suppose to take you to the portal.

So its the way its suppose to be, I believe.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Reputation : 162
Language : English
Location : United States

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Neptune- on August 24th 2013, 7:28 am

@Mr. Eddster wrote:
i've got a different navbar.
Sorry, code i gave works for standard navbar as you can see here

Maybe it does not work for you because your navbar is not the standard one.

Neptune-
Forumember

Male Posts : 187
Reputation : 21
Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (1)
Location : France

http://www.planet-series.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Log out to portal

Post by Mr. Eddster on August 24th 2013, 8:51 am

@Neptune- wrote:
@Mr. Eddster wrote:
i've got a different navbar.
Sorry, code i gave works for standard navbar as you can see here

Maybe it does not work for you because your navbar is not the standard one.
its not the standard navbar, i have a dropdown navbar Smile
but thanks for your help

and to limit the comments, runawayhorses: I dont think you fully understand what i need haha but i really appreciate you trying to help Very Happy

maybe tomorrow ill make a test account and give you the password to show you what i mean runawayhorses.

Mr. Eddster
Forumember

Male Posts : 382
Reputation : 7
Language : English

http://sports-forumbuzz.canadian-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum