The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Mobile design.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mobile design.

Post by Samantha14 on August 16th 2013, 9:12 pm

If this is already a topic (Or in the wrong place), please forgive me. However, is there a way you can change the mobile view to exactlywhat it is on 'classic' or stationary view? While the forum I created to work on does have a 'Classic view' option, it's very... Choppy? For one, my background image, instead of being on both sides like in the actual 'classic view', only shows up on the top of the page abovethe header. o.0 And it is very lopsided. If there was a way to change it to an actual 'classic' mode, withoutthese issues, it would be extremely wonderful. Smile

If you want to see for yourself, here is the link to the forum I am working on:http://writerzblock.forumotion.com/

This is the type of 'classic view' I would like. Exactly like its original on stationary:http://www.campbellcountymb.com/

Though a thought just occurred to me. Is it because my forum is a strictly forumotion website, whereas Campbell County is on customized terms with a registered domain name, that these differences are? Hmm.

Either way, if anyone could help me, I would truly appreciate it. Smile

Samantha14

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Mobile design.

Post by Sir. Mayo on August 17th 2013, 9:57 pm

Yes I believe that is the reason whys. Forumotion does not allow you to customize your mobile version, that is as far as I know. The reason that site can do that is because they used a different service they used a web site service and forumotion is a forum service not a full blown web hosting service. But I could be wrong. It would be nice to customize mobile version..
Although I did find out how to change the font on the mobile page. I changed mine to cursive it stays in cursive only on the mobile view that is I believe the code I used was

Code:
body
{
Font-family: cursive;
}
This might be the code If not let me know and I will check my CSS and reply back with the right one.

Try adding that code to your CSS and then give the mobile. Version a viewing. If you need more help I can help you once I get back on a computer I'm on an ipad at the moment. Hope this helps some what.

Sir. Mayo
Forumember

Male Posts : 963
Language : English, Some french.

http://sir-mayo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mobile design.

Post by Samantha14 on August 17th 2013, 10:43 pm

I'll try it when I get a chance, thank you. I'll edit or post (if you post again) and let you know if that helps some. Smile

Samantha14

Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum