The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Putting users in certain groups

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Putting users in certain groups

Post by opaquer on September 3rd 2013, 10:39 am

Hi everyone

I'm making a forum at the moment, and I have a quick question. When users register, I want them to be able to tick a list of options. Based on these options, I want to then put the users in a group, which will allow them to only see certain forums/calenders etc.

For example, let's say John signs up on the forums. While registering, he decides that one of the options, "A", suits him best, so ticks it. Then when he's signed in, he'll see the sub-forum and calendar events for option "A". But then, let's say Bob comes along later and decides that different things interest him, say "B" and "C". When he's logged in, he'll then see the forums for "B" and "C", along with their calendar events.

Is there any way to do this? I've had a look, but I haven't found anything, but I might be missing something Razz!

opaquer

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Putting users in certain groups

Post by SLGray on September 3rd 2013, 7:05 pm

I believe if I understand you correctly, this is not possible on Forumotion. The only way this would work is for you to manually add the members to the groups.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36639

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Putting users in certain groups

Post by opaquer on September 4th 2013, 3:23 am

@SLGray wrote:I believe if I understand you correctly, this is not possible on Forumotion. The only way this would work is for you to manually add the members to the groups.
Ah, that's a shame Sad. It's the only thing I haven't figured out that I still need to do Sad!

opaquer

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum