The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Feedback

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are you for opening feedback forum?

43% 43% 
[ 3 ]
57% 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Feedback

Post by Ikerepc on November 11th 2013, 10:38 am

You can open forum for feedback because lot of members, like me have some questions about forum, we cant open topic for that on suggestions section because this is only for suggestions, and must have pool, and if we open in Forum discussions it isn't for discussion, so it can be locked...

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1114
Language : Croatian, HTML, CSS, jQuery, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Bascom, Python, C, FBD & LAD for PLC and more... Little English :D

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feedback

Post by Derri on November 11th 2013, 11:21 am

In all honesty I don't see the need for this forum for a couple of reasons.

Recently we had a thread opened by Buttercup. This was a chance for forum members to give feedback and suggestions for the support forum. In the end though it turned into a debate about a general discussions section. An entire forum dedicated to giving feedback would only lead to a debate again because if someone left feedback and then the staff commented and that person was satisfied with the reply they got they would make a reply and soon you've got a debate.

If you want to give feedback then sending Sanket a PM would probably be the best way to go about it as he is the General Administrator dealing with the support forum. If you have a question then PMing a manager or an administrator, again would be the way to go.

Overall a "feedback" forum wouldn't be a good idea as you'd have people who'd end up starting a debate and it would simply go the way of the "Your point of view thread".

I haven't voted on this suggestion as I want to see how it develops but overall I'm currently leaning towards no.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur on November 11th 2013, 11:31 am

Sorry, but I am going to have to agree with Derri on this one, especially after seeing how
Buttercup's feedback thread developed. TT

She had a good Idea with keeping it to a topic, I am not sure about a forum though. Confused

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 21st 2013, 8:27 am

Bump

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Language : Croatian, HTML, CSS, jQuery, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Bascom, Python, C, FBD & LAD for PLC and more... Little English :D

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on November 21st 2013, 3:47 pm

This is a strong no from me. It's not needed for the reason mentioned above.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on November 21st 2013, 4:12 pm

Good idea Zyon I vote "Yes". Debates are a good thing, but understandably some people avoid of them.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 21st 2013, 5:49 pm

Thanks runaway

@Base Why not? What ever we want to ask we can't because we have only 2 forums on what we can ask: Forum discussions, where topics been locked because it isn't for discussion, suggestions, but we can't open topic to ask you something, and when we sent pm, replay is: No support via pm.

We really need feedback forum.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on November 21st 2013, 7:19 pm

Well some people don't like debates because they are not very good at it, it means they have to think about why they feel the way they do and rationalize their position, and make sure its on solid ground, and then put into 'words' their logic. In a debate you have to do those things to support your positions, and a lot of people can't do that because they haven't thought it through, and they like to vote or say something half-hazardously, and in a 'debate' it comes back to bite them. Those people like to say things without fear of defending their positions, because they don't have a solid position or their argument is faulty with many holes that can be punched into it, so they don't want people to debate them when they don't or can't participate in it very well. Its as simple as that.

So I fully understand why some people steer away from debates, they fear their argument will be challenged and they do not have confidence in their own positions. They like to say things and express their opinions no matter how ridiculous they are, without being put on the spot to explain their rational, because usually they don't have any. But that is OK too, its why we have voting polls.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 21st 2013, 7:56 pm

Yes. You are right, and somebody don't know English a lot (like me),

But now I don't talk about discussion, if we have important questions for forum, or questions, example, I'm open topic "warning bars", and see what is Sanket write. When I'm sent message I'm get answer (from Buttercup) "Open topic in right section, and I will be glad to answer you", then I'm open that topic, and I can't open topic for feedback in suggestions, so I can't get answer.

I belive there have a lot of questions, but we can't ask it. So we need feedback, @Base, you have staff section. You don't need feedback, but you don't need vote no for that. We can't post in staff section, we can't get feedback on any way on this forum.

SO WE NEED FEEDBACK SECTION, but some members will vote no because staffs are vote no. Please think with your head, listen all sides, or not, you don't need to vote yes, but you don't need to vote no. Just think with your head and vote what you think is best. Not what Base, or Seth, or Sanket, or Buttercup, or me, or runaway, or anybody else think.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on November 21st 2013, 11:05 pm

You hit the nail on the head Zyon, there are many people that vote the way staff does as one might suspect, they are under the illusion they are voting "pro-forumotion", but nothing could be farther from the truth. The truth is forumotion wants you to express your thoughts, and only your thoughts so they can accurately evaluate a suggestion. I do not vote in anyway other than what I think about a situation, no one influences me to think otherwise if they cannot derail my suggestion, if all they can do is say they don't like debates, all that really does is strengthen my opinion, because I realize at that moment I have presented a position that they cannot argue, or are uncomfortable in doing so because they are not confident in their own. Its an admission of defeat. If I read a post that does not warrant a response because it was not reasonable, I will leave it for the readers to decide. I need not make my point again for those that can't understand the basics. If the logic is too overwhelming thats for them to sort out. That's what forumotiuon wants, real honest opinions.

I could careless less how the staff votes, I respect their opinions as much as anyone else, if they explain themselves as to their rational I will listen, just like I would anyone else. I am my own person, I think for myself, unafraid of anyone's opinion, I will gladly show my reasoning, and it will have nothing to do with how someone else voted or feels.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on November 22nd 2013, 12:07 pm

I'm still sticking by what I said in my first post. I feel entire forum dedicated to feedback would lead to nothing more than debates. The problem is, sometimes even with excellent logic a suggestion isn't right for a forum.

Also in theory a feedback forum would be perfect but too often with feedback comes suggestions and with suggestions, you have debates and even when someone presents a perfectly logical explanation of why something should be implemented, others will feel its not right for the forum itself. I moderate a Teenage help forum and we get dozens of suggestions that are, all in all perfect but they don't get implemented because they'd either disrupt the flow of the site or we already have similar things.

I mean Buttercup's thread went quite badly because some users wouldn't take no for an answer and to a lesser extent, kept beating a dead horse. (meaning they kept going on when it was evident it was unlikely to be implemented.)

In my eyes perhaps a PM to Sanket or a manager would be much better for feedback etc rather than a thread or a forum because it just gets out of hand so easily.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 25th 2013, 10:47 am

Members don't know to who sent pms. I'm here active some time (few mounts, more than 600 posts) and even I don't know who to contact.

And feedback will help because staffs will not get 100 questions for one thing, all will be asked on one forum, and you will can find answer fast.

You say that we will have more suggestions, yes, I think so, we will open topic in suggestions, and that's all, I don't understand what is wrong?
From suggestions comming discussions, yes, like on this suggestion, and I like it, you can say what you think.

So I don't know why we will not have feedback, I think it will REALLY helpful.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on November 25th 2013, 12:41 pm

Because Zyon, Derri is concerned that a 'debate' might stem from feedback, he sees debates as a negative thing that should be avoided. I on the other-hand see debates as a "good" thing, because you can hear all sides of an issue and learn from it. Its a democracy in an open debate, and I am for democracy and freedom of expression.

He wants to keep limits on what people can say from fear of debate, and I want to increase it.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 25th 2013, 1:11 pm

Thanks runaway, I agree with you. There need to be discussions, and feedback Smile

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elle shadowalker on November 25th 2013, 2:33 pm

i will go with yes - @runwayhorses and @zyon mention a lot of good and strong reasons for that. simple: it will be easier for everyone, and most important it will be faster. and for the record we need more discussions ! - just my opininon,no hard feelings peps because i respect everyone.

elle shadowalker
Forumember

Language : english, slovenian

http://coco.my-free-forum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 25th 2013, 2:57 pm

Thanks elle

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on November 25th 2013, 3:59 pm

@runawayhorses wrote:Because Zyon, Derri is concerned that a 'debate' might stem from feedback, he sees debates as a negative thing that should be avoided. I on the other-hand see debates as a "good" thing, because you can hear all sides of an issue and learn from it. Its a democracy in an open debate, and I am for democracy and freedom of expression.

He wants to keep limits on what people can say from fear of debate, and I want to increase it.
I don't see debates as a negative thing. I quite often have an opinion that is voiced. I just don't think an entire forum dedicated to feedback would be a good idea.

Plain and simple. I have nothing more to say on the subject.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on November 25th 2013, 8:19 pm

@runawayhorses wrote:Because Zyon, Derri is concerned that a 'debate' might stem from feedback, he sees debates as a negative thing that should be avoided. I on the other-hand see debates as a "good" thing, because you can hear all sides of an issue and learn from it. Its a democracy in an open debate, and I am for democracy and freedom of expression.

There are many people you do not know how to exactly debate that is where the issue lays.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35641

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 25th 2013, 8:46 pm

What will be different between feedback and suggestions?
In feedback will be discussions like in suggestions, and I think you haven't so many problems with suggestions. Only different is we can't open feedback in suggestions, we can't open that anywere. If you tell me where to open topic for feedback I will like all your posts and tag topic solved! There haven't anything for that! And members who have questions can't ask.

There will be debates, but we need to have section where we can ask something what we need.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on November 25th 2013, 9:01 pm

Ok. I believe that I understand now what you are suggesting. The support forum is not the place for that. There are many forums that offer that service.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35641

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on November 26th 2013, 3:13 pm

@SLGray wrote:Ok. I believe that I understand now what you are suggesting. The support forum is not the place for that. There are many forums that offer that service.
Now that is the best argument I've heard as to why not have feedback topics on this forum, because some forums like this one want to focus entirely on answering questions. They don't want your feedback or opinions about anything. That is the best explanation I've read so far as to why feedback, debates, and discussions are not wanted here. I support this forum not having any quite frankly when you look at it that way.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 26th 2013, 8:31 pm

Thanks for answer slg, (I'm give you +)

Then I think we need to have, if nothing else just topic for feedback on what staff, or members who know will answer, you can't lost anything with that.

It isn't so hard to create topic, and if can be pinned, like members introductions etc? What you think?

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by captaindogfish on March 3rd 2014, 11:03 pm

I don't think we need this. But like SLG said "This is a Support Forum"

captaindogfish
Forumember

Language : Engish

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 7th 2015, 4:18 pm

Same as the other "no's" that a topic suffices.
"Buttercup's feedack topic" referred to previously dosen't open anymore.

French FM has the section closest to "feedbck" which is "discussion Generale" if I am not mistaken. Like FM favours reviews and forumotion ads, ther french site has a place for general discussion;

so each FM version (lanuage) has its advantages! Wink
Yet, I won't vote as such.

Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on January 7th 2015, 5:23 pm

If people wanted to leave specific feedback about FM then they're welcome to open a topic up in General Discussions. However an entire forum is not going to happen.

Suggestion Refused and Topic Archived

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum