The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Who is using my account?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Who is using my account?

Post by jkh on November 12th 2013, 11:08 am

Hi

Not sure where to post my query.

I have two account on my forum - I am the forum owner.

I am currently online with my second account but I notice that my main account is also online and it's not me! I have checked the Admin Panel and can see that the person using my account is from France so I assume it's someone from Forumotion. I am living in the UK.

This has happened before and I want to ask why this happens?

Thank you.

jkh
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Who is using my account?

Post by Derri on November 12th 2013, 11:49 am

Hi,

IP addresses can sometimes be misleading so I wouldn't entierly count on them for an accurate location.

My advice would be to change the accounts password and email address to a different email provider. This will ensure you remain in complete control of your account.

As for why this has happened I can't explain it must be someone who's perhaps guessed the password. The only thing you can do is ensure the accounts safety

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on November 12th 2013, 12:11 pm

Thank you for your reply, but I don't think it's the right answer.
I think it's a forumotion bot. The last time it happened it was also from France.
I changed my password when it happened before, which was about a year ago.
Whoever, or whatever it is, logs on and stays for exactly 1 hour (I have my forum settings for members to be logged off after 1 hour if there is no activity). There was absolutely no activity with whoever logged on.
I find it very strange and quite unsettling.

jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikerepc on November 12th 2013, 12:23 pm

Can you give us please your forum adress, but just adress, without http://

We can't help you if we don't know where it is happend.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1114
Language : Croatian, HTML, CSS, jQuery, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Bascom, Python, C, FBD & LAD for PLC and more... Little English :D

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on November 12th 2013, 12:26 pm

Yes, it's this:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/

Not sure how that will help you though...?

jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on November 13th 2013, 1:24 am

Was there any thing weird in the who's online section at the time this account was around? Were you using the founder account before you used the other account? Sometimes there is a glitch that shows someone online when they have logged off.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35622
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on November 13th 2013, 8:06 am

No, I hadn't used that account for a few days. Something strange happened with that account though - when I saw it online I went into the Admin Panel to see what it was looking at and later in the day someone noticed that a thread from that section had been deleted and asked me where it was and why it had been deleted. I couldn't answer her and I still don't know what happened.  Nothing showed up in the Admin Panel (security/moderation) about the thread having been deleted. But, strangely, when my founder account logged off after precisely 1 hour it was invisible (and I don't mean status hidden, it just wasn't there at all) - it didn't show up in the memberlist and it didn't show up in the bit at the bottom of the list of members who'd logged on in the past 24 hours. I honestly thought my account had been deleted. So I logged off the account I was using and tried to log on with the founder account and it was fine and it showed up again. So I've changed the password. I can't think what else to do. It makes me feel that the forum is vulnerable and someone could get in to the Admin Panel and delete the forum.

This has happened twice now, and both times from France. The first time it happened I just assumed it was a 'forumotion bot' checking to make sure the forum was still active or something, but now I'm really worried after what happened this time.

This screenshot shows my founder account being used from France.

jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on November 14th 2013, 2:46 am

The topic that disappeared was it a popular thread (many pages)?  It could be that it reached  the limit and was split into two topics.

Forumotion will not use your founder account. They can see your whole forum without the founder account.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35622

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on November 14th 2013, 8:07 am

It was a thread of about 2-3 pages and it was locked. It was a research thread, not a discussion thread. It's disappeared and it doesn't show up in the Admin Panel as having been deleted.

When you say Forumotion can see the whole of my forum, do you mean they can also see in the Admin Panel without using my founder account?

Am I right in believing that Forumotion are based in France?

jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on November 14th 2013, 9:55 am

@jkh wrote:No, I hadn't used that account for a few days. Something strange happened with that account though - when I saw it online I went into the Admin Panel to see what it was looking at and later in the day someone noticed that a thread from that section had been deleted and asked me where it was and why it had been deleted. I couldn't answer her and I still don't know what happened.  Nothing showed up in the Admin Panel (security/moderation) about the thread having been deleted. But, strangely, when my founder account logged off after precisely 1 hour it was invisible (and I don't mean status hidden, it just wasn't there at all) - it didn't show up in the memberlist and it didn't show up in the bit at the bottom of the list of members who'd logged on in the past 24 hours. I honestly thought my account had been deleted. So I logged off the account I was using and tried to log on with the founder account and it was fine and it showed up again. So I've changed the password. I can't think what else to do. It makes me feel that the forum is vulnerable and someone could get in to the Admin Panel and delete the forum.

This has happened twice now, and both times from France. The first time it happened I just assumed it was a 'forumotion bot' checking to make sure the forum was still active or something, but now I'm really worried after what happened this time.

This screenshot shows my founder account being used from France.

Hello JkL,

Infact, Forumotion has deleted a topic in your forum as we have received a copyright infringement from authorities. In that case, Forumotion must enter your forum and immediatly delete the topic. Otherwise, the whole forum could be banned.
Forumotion ToS clearly explain copyright issues. So, please make sure your forum fits with rules.

I am available to answer your questions.

Regards

Buttercup

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15358
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by jkh on November 14th 2013, 12:40 pm

So why didn't you just ask me to delete it myself instead of hacking into my account and doing it yourself?

And no matter how many times I change my password, you can still overide it and get in and help yourselves?

Which authority did you get the complaint from?

That thread was actually in a restricted section of the forum, so I don't see how anyone could see it anyway!

jkh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on November 14th 2013, 2:00 pm

@jkh wrote:So why didn't you just ask me to delete it myself instead of hacking into my account and doing it yourself?

And no matter how many times I change my password, you can still overide it and get in and help yourselves?

That thread was actually in a restricted section of the forum, so I don't see how anyone could see it anyway!
http://help.forumotion.com/t108-plagiarism-image-theft-copyright-royalties
http://help.forumotion.com/t6668-forumotion-s-forum-databases

I think you should read these for more information. No one hacked into your account.

The database is owned by Forumotion, if you put content that disrespects the TOS of Forumotion & which requires immediate deletion of that content. Forumotion will do whats necessary.

Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

http://webartzforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on November 14th 2013, 2:04 pm

@jkh wrote:So why didn't you just ask me to delete it myself instead of hacking into my account and doing it yourself?

I am gonna to send you the information and the complaint we received via private message.

Regards

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15358
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum