The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Registration / Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Registration / Application

Post by Asloluteman on November 15th 2013, 3:47 am

my forum is for an Xbox clan, we would like to keep the forum private and would like to be able to accept members as they apply. here is how i currently have the forum set up. 

Guest can post an "Application" in a "new members" forum. they can not see the rest of the forum or post in it. 

They can also register, but they can still not see the main forums, but now they have a permanent name that we can look up and make  a decision on whether we want them in the clan.

The problem we are running into is that people are registering before they post an application in the new members forum, so i thought if i can make the questions part of the registration process i can cut out the middle man, but i would also like the other people in our clan to have the chance to post an opinion of the person applying.  

Any suggestions?

forum is phpBB2.

Asloluteman

Language : English

http://hsld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Registration / Application

Post by Derri on November 15th 2013, 11:56 am

You can't create an application as such in a way that'll be sent to the admin upon registering.

One thing you could do is create mandatory profile fields that they must fill out, you can do this:

Go to ACP --> Users and Groups --> Profiles --> In the bottom right you'll see this symbol Add --> Click on that and then create a profile field and mark it as "Necessarily filled"

It is important that you mark this as a necessary field as if you do not then it will not appear on the registration page when you're filling out your password and username etc.

Next you can set it so that an administrator must approve all new users

You can do this by going to ACP --> Users and Groups --> User Options --> You can either choose an activation by users, a manual activation by administrators or no activation. New accounts activation --> Admin --> Save

In turn this will allow you to view everyone's account and then you could post the profile information in a staff area and get opinions.

Another alternative is you allow them to sign up and only have one forum that they can post in and make them do an application that way. However you still have the issue of those signing up and not posting an application but then you could just delete them.

Overall each option does have a drawback but I think those are your only two options.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Asloluteman on November 20th 2013, 4:01 am

is there a way to force profile completion on next login for users that have registered before i put that into effect?

Asloluteman

Language : English

http://hsld.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on November 20th 2013, 5:43 am

No there is no such option I'm afraid.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum