The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Help making my portal and other sections private.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help making my portal and other sections private.

Post by Jenn_Ivan on November 30th 2013, 10:19 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me with this, as I have wandered around on the Admin panel for hours and cannot figure out how to do it. Because of harassment my forum is receiving from another forum of similar topics, I would like to make my forum completely private.

For the most part I have the forum section exactly how I want it. I have all forums private except for the notice to 'non-members' who are interested in joining, but, I am having trouble with other sections.

I cannot seem to figure out how to make sections of the portal private, nor can I figure out how to make the 'who is online' section and 'members connected in the past 48 hours' private either.

With the portal, I cannot get the "Top contributors" list, the calendar or the 'most active starters' list private either. There is still a bit of information on the portal that I want view-able to members only.

Can someone please give me instructions on how to do this?

Also, is there a way to turn off the "Abuse Complaint" function? I have stalkers and people who have been banned harassing me through it. I've tried blocking off their IP's, but they just return with a proxy.

Any help would be great.

Thank you.

Jenn_Ivan
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Help making my portal and other sections private.

Post by runawayhorses on November 30th 2013, 10:29 pm

Go to AP>>Modules>>Portal Management>>

On that page click "Structure" , then on the left side of each widget click the icon representing "permissions" and then untick the "Guests".

Do that for each widget you have.

There is no way to turn off the Abuse Complaint.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn_Ivan on November 30th 2013, 10:46 pm

Thank you very much. That helped me make the portal private. But how do I make the "Who is online" list and the "members connected in the past 48 hours" list private? Thanks, again.

Jenn_Ivan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on November 30th 2013, 11:03 pm

If all your forums are private all they can see is the login page, so they wouldn't be able to view members connected or who is online.

However you can set in AP>>Display>>Generalities>> and disable list of connected members within the last 24 hrs. But guests can't see your index page if all your forums are private. And the "who is online" and "list of connected members is only viewable from your index page if you have set all the widgets in your portal private.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum