The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

How to Mute in Default Chatbox?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress How to Mute in Default Chatbox?

Post by Darksphere92 on December 6th 2013, 12:28 am

I dont know if this is the right place for this, if not can someone move it.

Anyway i was wondering if it is possible to mute someone in the default chatbox?

Darksphere92
Forumember

Posts : 101
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://fastforum.forum-board.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How to Mute in Default Chatbox?

Post by Derri on December 6th 2013, 1:50 am

Hi,

Sorry this isn't possible, your only real options is kick/ban.

A tip I usually do if a member is spamming or causing a problem is I'll kick them as a warning and then, depending on what he does again I'll either kick or ban him. If I go for the ban option its usually 24 hours and if persists it becomes longer.

However you don't have an option to mute anybody I'm afraid.


Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How to Mute in Default Chatbox?

Post by Darksphere92 on December 6th 2013, 1:53 am

@Derri wrote:Hi,

Sorry this isn't possible, your only real options is kick/ban.

A tip I usually do if a member is spamming or causing a problem is I'll kick them as a warning and then, depending on what he does again I'll either kick or ban him. If I go for the ban option its usually 24 hours and if persists it becomes longer.

However you don't have an option to mute anybody I'm afraid.
aww but i wanted to get revenge on my friend for muting me on another forum for no reason Sad i guess close this.

Darksphere92
Forumember

Posts : 101
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://fastforum.forum-board.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How to Mute in Default Chatbox?

Post by Derri on December 6th 2013, 1:54 am

@Darksphere92 wrote:
@Derri wrote:Hi,

Sorry this isn't possible, your only real options is kick/ban.

A tip I usually do if a member is spamming or causing a problem is I'll kick them as a warning and then, depending on what he does again I'll either kick or ban him. If I go for the ban option its usually 24 hours and if persists it becomes longer.

However you don't have an option to mute anybody I'm afraid.
aww but i wanted to get revenge on my friend for muting me on another forum for no reason :(i guess close this.
Ah I see, sorry but on Forumotion their isn't an option for muting a user on the default chat.


Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How to Mute in Default Chatbox?

Post by Luffy on December 6th 2013, 1:55 am

Well on the default chat, you cannot do that. You can change the default chat into an other chat, better than the default and have what you want! But on the default one it is not possible! Smile

Luffy
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 4035
Reputation : 407
Language : Greek, English
Location : Greece

http://www.thinktankforum.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How to Mute in Default Chatbox?

Post by Darksphere92 on December 6th 2013, 2:09 am

Marios94 wrote:Well on the default chat, you cannot do that. You can change the default chat into an other chat, better than the default and have what you want! But on the default one it is not possible! Smile
yeah i would use Cbox, if i can put it at the top of the page where the default chat is and if i could find out how to, make it where it would link a person's username from the forum to the chatbox like the default does and i know it's possible (ive seen it done on another forum), i just dont know how.

Darksphere92
Forumember

Posts : 101
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://fastforum.forum-board.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum