The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

cover page with 2 buttons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress cover page with 2 buttons

Post by bqsonaquest on December 23rd 2013, 9:29 am

I'm designing my forum for a small group and sub groups. I want all content to be members only. Is  there any way to create a cover pager with a registration and login button.  All I want on cover are my graphics and some information about group and the login button and the registration button. I need all forum information to remain private. After you logon you will start on traditional  home page.

bqsonaquest

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: cover page with 2 buttons

Post by bqsonaquest on December 23rd 2013, 12:01 pm

First of all  let me say i'm amazed that you guys resolved my issue so quickly..  I can begin to tell you how impressed I am. Thank you for your  all your efforts to make me a happy client.

bqsonaquest

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur on December 23rd 2013, 12:19 pm

Hello bqsonaquest,

Please try not to double post, when someone has the answer they will reply. Remember to review the general rules. Wink

Read this for creating restricted forums :
http://help.forumotion.com/t38399-restricted-forums

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13028
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bqsonaquest on December 23rd 2013, 2:35 pm

okay i'm not sure whats going on .. i know i saw  my home page change as i said i wanted it. all the index, forum and menu options  were gone . Their were only 3 buttons (home,register, login) all i had to do was center the button and i was done . The register button was actually blinking. now my page is back to where it was and i didn't change anything. 

Seth 
my second post was me thanking who ever was changing my page .... i literally watched them rearrange it .. so i thanked them but now it's back like it was. I'm not crazy and i was not sleep. somebody  fixed then changed it back.

bqsonaquest

Back to top Go down

Post by bqsonaquest on December 23rd 2013, 11:06 pm

Seth 
my second post was me thanking who ever was changing my page .... i literally watched them rearrange it .. so i thanked them but now it's back like it was. I'm not crazy and i was not sleep. somebody  fixed then changed it back.

Okay i am a little crazy because it is still as i asked when you login it went back to previous format. I didn't realize I was logged in so it looked to at the time like it had reverted. Oops brain fart on my part but i still didn't double . unless showing appreciation is unwarranted/wanted. I think my original issue/request for help has been resolved. Again thank you to all the support staff for your efforts on my other projects. I still have tweeks i want but i believe them to be separate from original post. 

hmm  okay i see now my idea of a post/comment and  your ideas are different. Okay. hmmm..  i just  want to be a team player but to play as a team i need to understand the definition. How can i be double posting if i'm commenting on the same thread. i this this was a comment on a single thread. next question .. IF I return to a comment and add to it hours or days after original posting on thread how would any one who read initial comment know i modified it. Please  trust that My intent is not to be troublesome or cause problems i just need to understand how the system works so that i can do what's best to fit in. *(I edited this comment but how will mr. Gray know on less he goes and rereads ever comment he previously read.)*

I just reread the general rule. I still don't see what i did wrong unless his comment was saying this entire thread is a repost/double post mine being the second. IF that is the case it would explain the second link provided. That kinda makes more sense to me. The  thing is i had read all of that before i made this thread. i understand closed user groups and i think it's a great feature but it didn't solve my issue. this is my last effort on this post to try explain/understand what must be a mis-communication. Especially because  those whom i communicated already read this comment so i dob't think they go reread every comment on this site to check for changes. unless their is some notification of which i'm not aware of that does not make sense. Oh yeah the color thing again my attempt to differentiate new text from old but it seems you would prefer i didn't so i shall try to remember this in the future. hmm  not me changing colors again .. just going back to default black 

Last edited by bqsonaquest on December 24th 2013, 12:21 am; edited 3 times in total

bqsonaquest

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on December 23rd 2013, 11:44 pm

Please use the edit button because you are double posting which is against the general rules.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36708
Language : English

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum