The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Guest count

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guest count

Post by Fairly OddPapiDimmi on December 23rd 2013, 9:55 pm

I got a forum namedPapiForums, and I have problem withguests.

When I go to the admin panel and see the IP of the guest, it says onipgetinfo.comthat he/she is from Netherlands, Ukraine, China or some weird crap like that.

All my members are from Norway or USA, but my guests never say Norway or USA, only weird places. When I view the IP to a member, it gets it correct.

Are the guests fake? Are they bots even though it doesn't say they're bots? Or are they real humans, but they're IP isn't correct?

Please help me!Sad

Fairly OddPapiDimmi

Male Posts : 39
Language : Norwegian and English

Back to top Go down

Re: Guest count

Post by Derri on December 23rd 2013, 10:23 pm

I honestly wouldn't worry about the location of members, IPs rarely get the location right.

It says I'm from London, whereas I'm in Western Scotland.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Male Posts : 8360
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Re: Guest count

Post by Captain Hunk on December 24th 2013, 4:21 pm

I've noticed this as well. Those Guests are tied to whichever connection is used by your members, by your guests if permitted to view your site, or by your self. Bots can be tied to mobile devices and cookies tracking the user. Just keep a log of the extra IPs that surface. If they tend to surface regularly, then take notice of who else is logged in and note that. Nothing to worry about as you'll find.

The oddball IPs are from guests. Probably just browsing and taking a peek of your forum. Nothing really to worry about.

Captain Hunk

Male Posts : 128
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum