The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Advertisements on my forum

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Advertisements on my forum

Post by bizzclaw on January 29th 2014, 9:02 pm

So while ago I posted about a similar issue and everyone who visited my forums in response said that they didn't see ads when it looked like this

I'm not sure if they went to the same page, because It's true that on the main page and all of my forum pages I am not getting any ads, but my custom HTML pages still are.Now this stopped happening for a bit, but it's back now.No where in the agreement I made to remove all ads for users and guests does it mention that it does not effect HTML pages, so this might be a bug.
Here is a picture of the transaction logged in my control panel

And this is the page with the ads that are dispalying:http://www.frostburnt.com/h1-postnukerp-rules
The type of advertisements consists of text being highlighted and underlines in blue, which when are hovered over display some random ad in relation to the word.

This is not occurring just for me
http://www.frostburnt.com/t960-help-me-prove-to-forumotion-that-there-are-ads-on-our-motd#7061
Anyways, I hope you guys can fix this. Thanks.

bizzclaw

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Advertisements on my forum

Post by SLGray on January 30th 2014, 2:25 am

Check this:

Administration Panel > General > Forum > configuration
Text ads activation for guests(underlined):

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35672

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzclaw on January 30th 2014, 5:03 am

There's no option for that, but thanks for the reply.
By the way it's not happening on any of my other HTML pages.

bizzclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 30th 2014, 8:25 am

@bizzclaw wrote:There's no option for that, but thanks for the reply.
Hello,

I'm confused, where are the ads appearing?

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on January 30th 2014, 8:30 am

@Jophy wrote:
@bizzclaw wrote:There's no option for that, but thanks for the reply.
Hello,

I'm confused, where are the ads appearing?

Look at the screenshots you'll see some of the text is underlined and have been turned into links. Its on his custom HTML pages that he's created. If I've understood him correctly.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on January 30th 2014, 8:36 am

Alright, I'll get it reported first, if you have any more HTML pages that has this, please post the exact links to the HTML pages. Thanks.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultron's Vision on January 30th 2014, 9:15 am

This is actually not a problem with your forum but with the browser of that user where this is happening; I have seen this adware appearing some times on my PC, but usually, using an antivirus program to remove this is quite effective.

Ultron's Vision
Forumember

Male Posts : 634
Language : English | German | HTML | JavaScript | PHP | C++ | Perl | Java

http://duelacademy.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on January 30th 2014, 10:07 am

Hello

This problem is not coming from Forumotion but from your computor. You have to clean up cookies and your computer.
For that, it recommand you to use those following efficient free tools:
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malwares
- Adwcleaner

Have a nice day

No help without your forum url
No support via private message

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15386
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzclaw on January 30th 2014, 8:31 pm

@Ultron's Vision wrote:This is actually not a problem with your forum but with the browser of that user where this is happening; I have seen this adware appearing some times on my PC, but usually, using an antivirus program to remove this is quite effective.
Sorry, but that's incorrect. This happens on every computer in all browsers and only on that web page. This page is one that is meant to be opened in an in-game browser as soon as a player connects to the server. this browser is not a traditional browser, it is simply an in game vgui page that displays a website page and it is created in the game engine, so unless everyone who joins my server and has some sort of malware built in to their game, this is impossible since the ads still appear in the in-game browser. (See the first image, you can see the game in the background.)

http://maurits.tv/data/garrysmod/wiki/wiki.garrysmod.com/index01b1.html

Proof that it's not just me:http://www.frostburnt.com/t960-help-me-prove-to-forumotion-that-there-are-ads-on-our-motd#7085

bizzclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on January 30th 2014, 9:50 pm

Wait a minute, so this is connected to a gaming server? It could be coming from the server then.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzclaw on January 30th 2014, 10:08 pm

@SLGray wrote:Wait a minute, so this is connected to a gaming server? It could be coming from the server then.
It's my server, I programmed the game that's it's running. I'm just saying that it happens in the game browser as well as a normal browser.

bizzclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on January 30th 2014, 10:19 pm

When I visit this page - http://www.frostburnt.com/h1-postnukerp-rules . I do not see the ads or the red words that are underlined in your screenshot.

Also it does not look like your screenshot. I do see a different background. It must be something related to gaming server.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzclaw on January 30th 2014, 11:15 pm

I really hope you're not playing dumb. For one they're underlined in blue and You obviously did not visit the forum on my thread where everyone else using different internet browsers or different computers are all getting ads on the same page and only that page... and now you're trying to place the blame on something else? I'm sorry but there's no way you an be this... pardon me for saying this, but incompetent. I'm not dumb mister Gray.

bizzclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on January 30th 2014, 11:20 pm

You are talking about the page where you got this message in red:

@bizzclaw wrote:We apologize for the ads that are displaying. We paid Forumtion to have them removed, but there seems to be a glitch for applying this to HTML pages. It is being dealt with.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzclaw on January 30th 2014, 11:34 pm

Alright so if you really can't see the ads, explain these points
1 - If you can't see the ads, why can I see them on two different computers, one of which has a clean installation of windows on it
2 - how could only that page be showing ads
3 - how could the in-game CLIENT SIDE html page display be creating advertisemtns on that page, but not any other html pages that are displayed using the same function
4 - how could every person on every computer except you be seeing ads on that page?

You are saying all of these are possible, but if you look at it it's extremely improbable. I don't mean to be hostile, but I don't like this.

bizzclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on January 31st 2014, 12:17 am

Did you read this post by Buttercup:

Buutercup wrote:Hello

This problem is not coming from Forumotion but from your computer. You have to clean up cookies and your computer.
For that, it recommand you to use those following efficient free tools:
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malwares
- Adwcleaner

Have a nice day

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzclaw on January 31st 2014, 7:22 am

And now you're avoiding me.. for about an hour the ads went away too, but they came back and we're still getting them. This is seriously getting out of hand I feel like I'm being left in the dark or like I should write it off and ignore it. Well I'm sorry, but I just can't do that. This is a serious page that we need, and people load this page every time they load in and it's meant to be referenced too constantly. These are basically the rules for the game. It's a bit suspicious that you guys are acting so clueless about the ads on a page that gets so much traffic...

Last edited by bizzclaw on January 31st 2014, 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

bizzclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by AmenoSagiri on January 31st 2014, 11:03 pm

@SLGray wrote:Did you read this post by Buttercup:

Did you read this post by Bizzclaw:
@Bizzclaw wrote:Alright so if you really can't see the ads, explain these points
1 - If you can't see the ads, why can I see them on two different computers, one of which has a clean installation of windows on it
2 - how could only that page be showing ads
3 - how could the in-game CLIENT SIDE html page display be creating advertisemtns on that page, but not any other html pages that are displayed using the same function
4 - how could every person on every computer except you be seeing ads on that page?

You are saying all of these are possible, but if you look at it it's extremely improbable. I don't mean to be hostile, but I don't like this.

The ads are there, I'm on the other side of the country on a homebuilt computer using a fresh installation of Chrome with everything cleared.

You removed them while this thread get moderately active again and brought the back afterwards. Thanks.

Several hundred people visit this page regularly, they all say it's there. You must be bad at your job if you're that clueless.

AmenoSagiri

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska XCIII on February 1st 2014, 12:21 am

The amount of density in this thread is astonishing.

Two of those are in-game screenshots taken at separate times, on two completely different computers not even on the same wireless connection, one of which was just recently built. The other computer just had a new hard drive installed, so it is virtually empty (but it has antivirus software)

The other screenshot is taken directly from my chrome browser on the computer with a new hard drive.

Tell me that two separate computer have the same malware that Bizzclaw has. It's your ads, he payed you to remove them, but nothing is being done about it. Instead, you're blaming the person asking for help and acting like you know absolutely nothing about the situation.

Alaska XCIII

Male Posts : 3
Language : Binary

http://frostburnt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick McPatterson on February 1st 2014, 12:27 am

I can verify the ads are there for me as well, and are not a part of any virus/malware/adware or browser related issues. As you can see with both screenshots, when my adblocker is enabled, the ads are not there, and when it's disabled they are. (reference the bottom left corner) This is 100% Forumotion's fault. I can load this page on GNU/Linux (ZorinOS 6 & Mint 14) and Windows 7 using any browser, (chrome, firefox, iceweasel etc.) and still get the ads.

WIth Adblock Disabled:

With Adblock Enabled:

My ZorinOS 6 System with Midori Browser:

Last edited by Patrick McPatterson on February 1st 2014, 1:24 am; edited 2 times in total

Patrick McPatterson

Male Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska XCIII on February 1st 2014, 12:35 am

As you can see, even when visiting the website on my phone, I get ads.

Windows 8 w/ SeaMonkey Browser:

Last edited by Alaska XCIII on February 1st 2014, 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Alaska XCIII

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on February 1st 2014, 2:08 am

I am sorry, but I do not see any ads.

Let's get some information straight:

1. When members load into the forum, this page loads which you say has ads.
2. It is a HTML page.
3. In the HTML coding is there any reference to a third-party site?
4. This is happening on all browsers and computers, laptops, and mobile devices?

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick McPatterson on February 1st 2014, 4:36 am

1. Yes, when anybody loads this page in their browser, or when it loads automatically in-game the ads are displayed.
2. I can't speak for this issue.
3. Ditto
4.Yes, no matter where, what or how this page is loaded, the ads are there unless an ad-blocker is running.

@SLGray, have you personally loaded the page with your browser? and if you have are you sure you don't have an ad-blocker or something installed and running that would block these ads?

Patrick McPatterson

Male Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on February 1st 2014, 10:18 am

@Patrick McPatterson wrote:1. Yes, when anybody loads this page in their browser, or when it loads automatically in-game the ads are displayed.
This is what I do not understand. In game? Is this page exactly on a HTML page hosted by Forumotion, or is it a separate page that is linked to from your forum?

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alaska XCIII on February 1st 2014, 7:38 pm

The game is called Garry's Mod. It is multiplayer, with different servers to choose from. We own one of those servers. When you join into any decent Garry's Mod game server, an MOTD (Message Of The Day) will display on your screen before you can actually start interacting. The MOTD is alwaysan HTML page that is linked through the game via configuration files. The page that we have chosen for our MOTD is the rules for our server that all of our players must abide by. We have used an MOTD in the exact same manner for over a year, but have never experience any ads until after we started using ForuMotion. The ads are not just displaying on the in-game browser, but also in any browser (Chrome, IE, FireFox, Opera, IceWeasel, SteamBrowser, etc.) that the individual uses, and on any machine, whether it be a Linux, Windows, or Apple system, including mobile devices like cell phones and tablets.

The advertisements are not in any part of our ForuMotion page, except for the "Rules" tab that we have selected for our MOTD. We have checked extensively and thoroughly and have found no ads other than in that specified tab.

The Rules tab that we have selected for the MOTD has a very high amount of traffic for a ForuMotion page, because we have an average of around 20 people online on our server at any given moment, with the exception of late at night when the number dwindles between 6 and 10 players. People come and go in and out of the server and view this page, and many people press a hotkey in-game that allows them to check the same MOTD again if they need to view specific rules to determine whether something is allowed or not. This page is meant to be deferenced repeatedly throughout the day, and the ads are distracted and unprofessional. We would greatly appreciate it if they were removed, considering that we have payed the fee for just that service.

Alaska XCIII

Back to top Go down

Post by Locklin on February 1st 2014, 8:09 pm

I also see the ads on the rules page, they are very annoying and unprofessional. We have paid to have them removed for both guests and members, I've been playing that server for over a year and I can confirm that they didn't do this before, this is definitely a forumotion problem.

Also, the HTML page being used is hosted on forumotion.

Locklin

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzclaw on February 1st 2014, 10:55 pm

This same page has been showing the rules just perfectly without any ads for the last year up until the recent months. II had not touched the code when suddenly one day, out of the blue it had ads - despite us paying to have -All- Ads removed from our forum for six months back in November.

bizzclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur on February 1st 2014, 11:20 pm

Hello,

I have been taking a look at your DOM and am seeing many scripts.

This one caught my eye :
Code:
<script id="wcgcdscr"></script>

Something called Yontoo ?

I would suggest reviewing your HTML page for potentially malicious scripts.

EDIT :
After disabling javascript I had a closer look at your page. After :
<div id="CollapsiblePanel4" class="CollapsiblePanel"></div>

You have this script :
<script src="http://c.mscimg.com/y?79948548-3a20-4c66-9713-9e58bca016b4"></script>

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviosa on February 3rd 2014, 4:14 pm

Hello dear members

As you can see on the following picture "FreeTwitTube" is generating the untimely ads:

This ads is absolutly not coming from Forumotion!

If you are making a little Google search about FreeTwitTube, you will see this ads (virous) affects many people on the web.
See some example:
FreeTwitTube malware
FreeTwitTube issue
uninstall FreeTwitTube
Don't install FreeTwitTube

By consequences, Forumotion would appreciate you don't blame our company for something totally external !!!

Thanks for removing the following message:

Thanks for your understanding

No help without your forum url
No support via private message

Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15386
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bizzclaw on February 3rd 2014, 5:35 pm

Buttercup... Just.. no... The thread is only one page, you could at least read the last post before completely contradicting something sensible that your colleague just pointed out.. I mean I appreciate your support, but Ange figured it out. Anyways Thanks for helping me narrow it down Ange! I apologize for our impatience, but the fact is we where being told that it was an issue with our local computers, phones, laptops, ect and not something on the web page itself, which is what I was hoping to get help with from the beginning. Anyways, did you already remove that script? I ran a search for "wcgcdscr" and it didn't show up and now the ads are gone. It's just strange how this inserted itself in to our webpage when it wasn't there before... I think it may have something to do with the last website host we used to host that page, it's just strange that it waited almost a year to act up, but it's not happening anymore, so thanks Ange.

bizzclaw

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum