The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

3 Support Chat Levels on FM

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 Chat Levels on FM

33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
67% 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

3 Support Chat Levels on FM

Post by Guest on February 3rd 2014, 6:56 pm

1. n00b (Newbie) chat style: > 0 posts > 0 points OR buy 100 CREDITS. Half of the ammount of credits go to the people who supported you. 1 question only, 5 - 10 minute conversation. That's it.
2. Advanced (Challenger) chat style: > 150 posts &/or > 150 points OR buy 200 CREDITS. Half of the ammount of credits go to the people who supported you. Full deal till the main issue is solved, 60 minute conversation max. Advanced help to those who're desperate. Be on it to get it solved, NOW!
3. Expert (VIP) chat style: > 200 posts &/or > 200 points OR buy 500 CREDITS. Half of the ammount of credits go to the people who supported you. Full deal till the main issue is solved, regardless of any expiration. Dedicated troubleshooters, God Mode like: FM WILL be yours! Yours truly, GodFather will be notified. Direct help, direct solutions. Anyone available is on it to get it solved.

Last edited by SamanthaS on February 3rd 2014, 7:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 Support Chat Levels on FM

Post by Jadster on February 3rd 2014, 7:13 pm

The issue with this is that all of the staff here on Forumotion are not paid for their services. They are volunteers. Also, with such a large amount of people needing help, there would be no way for all of the staff to get around to every person needing a special chat support. So I don't really see how they would be able to go about doing this really.

Jadster
Forumember

Male Posts : 659
Language : English

http://adminvortex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 3rd 2014, 7:17 pm

That won't be any issue if you read back again Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on February 3rd 2014, 7:26 pm

Support needs to be on the forum so it could help everyone.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35613

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 3rd 2014, 7:27 pm

SLGRAY, pls state, I'm doing this for the good of any FM member. And any solution could be embedded in posts.

Thank you!

Sammy.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on February 3rd 2014, 7:30 pm

Are you exactly referring to a chatbox?

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on February 3rd 2014, 7:30 pm

I wouldn't want this.

Its a free service and thus support should be free.

Plus we do have a way of working things he...we can't just demand pro admin help at the drop of a hat so deal three wouldn't work.

Overall I'm voting no 110%.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 3rd 2014, 7:33 pm

It's not free when you introduce some regulations. Furthermore, I like the idea to credit those who support FM. I know you're all nervous and voting "No", replying to "NO" cuz it messes up your believes and gets to the bone of your administration, but hey, let's be true, this isn't a crazy idea, but the most brilliant one. And so it goes, and so... I so stick to it ...

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on February 3rd 2014, 7:38 pm

SamanthaS wrote:It's not free when you introduce some regulations.
What?

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on February 3rd 2014, 7:39 pm

Actually its far from brilliant.

Giving credits do those who give support would so much hassle because FM doesn't have a built in credit transfer, all credit transfers would have to be done manually by someone and really....who's wanting to donate that much time at head office?

Secondly, its one of these systems which would benefit those with money and there is a reason people use free forum hosts. Because its cheap in the long run e.g. you make no initial investment, you choose to buy credits to remove ads or domain names. Lastly live support was never implemented last time it was suggested for reasons SLG mentioned such as --support needs to be done on the forums so other people can benefit from it.

A good example would be me telling you an option in the ACP and someone finds it and then follows it and then that solves their problem.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 3rd 2014, 7:40 pm

I think it's brilliant. And that's why it stays. I won't back down. Overruled. Credit to those who really support FM.

And I don't care if FM just set me down by 40 points, I don't care about credits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadster on February 3rd 2014, 10:06 pm

As Derri has already stated, giving out credits to those really isn't something the support forum(s) stride to accomplish. They want to provide free support. And yes, it is free, but they do have to have regulations as to getting this support. Such regulations help prevent spam and unneeded posts being made and messing up the professionalism of the site. Rules and regulations are here for a reason but that does not change the fact that the services here are free and so is the support.

Jadster
Forumember

Male Posts : 659

http://adminvortex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ on February 3rd 2014, 10:08 pm

I would have to vote a no for this, as having different chat-box will be annoying and somewhat difficult to set up and work in. Also, as the other reasons stated above.

Attention!
- Please provide your forum URL at all times.
- When the issue is solved, please mark it as solved.

Sir Chivas™
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 6756
Language : English, Spanish, and French

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on February 5th 2014, 2:41 am

Hello,

Sorry, but any kind of chat support will not be implemented and accepted as this is already prohibited  by The Godfather(the main administrator of this forum).

This is has been refused so many times. Wink
Hello,

Sorry but this suggestion cannot be accepted due to the fact that:
-During the chatbox was still enabled, it was rarely used so we decided to remove it.
-When it was used, it was only used by the members for advertising(which is not allowed), off topic discussions(which can be done on PM).
-Questions should only be asked on the support sections, that's why we have the support forums, this way, we can also help the other members/guests who's searching for answers.
-We also have the live support led by kirk(you can PM him about that) however, it was prohibited by The Godfather.

All questions and support should be done on the support sections, for the benefit of other users & guests. Besides, implementing this won't ensure that your answers/requests will be answered 100%, we can only provide solutions to what's within our scope and when we have time.

Suggestion Refused & Topic Locked

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum