The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by girlypiechocochips on February 11th 2014, 11:27 am

i wantr to embed this http://ffda.forumotion.co.uk/chatbox/index.forum chat in my other forum account can some one help me with the coding

girlypiechocochips
New Member

Posts : 23
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://gxacademy.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by Ikerepc on February 11th 2014, 11:43 am

Can you please example better? I don't understand problem...

Go in administration panel -> Modules -> Chatbox

Activate: yes

It should work...

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1114
Reputation : 152
Language : Croatian, HTML, CSS, jQuery, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Bascom, Python, C, FBD & LAD for PLC and more... Little English :D
Location : Around electronics and progmamming ;)

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by Sylveraine on February 11th 2014, 11:44 am

Well, it's not that simple. Trying to get a chat that spans over 2 sites at the same time.

Sylveraine
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : Dutch, German, English

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by girlypiechocochips on February 11th 2014, 11:47 am

Zyon wrote:Can you please example better? I don't understand problem...

Go in administration panel -> Modules -> Chatbox

Activate: yes

It should work...
well sir i dont have problem activating a chatbox i want to span the chat box which i have in one account to other or say i wanna embedd a chatbox of another forumotion to different place so the chat is accessible in two places

girlypiechocochips
New Member

Posts : 23
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://gxacademy.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by Darkel on February 11th 2014, 11:51 am

@girlypiechocochips wrote:
well sir i dont have problem activating a chatbox i want to span the chat box which i have in one account to other or say i wanna embedd a chatbox of another forumotion to different place so the chat is accessible in two places

Hi,

Do you mean that you want the chatbox to be access in any part of your forum site ?

Darkel
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2128
Reputation : 257
Language : English, Tagalog
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by girlypiechocochips on February 11th 2014, 11:57 am

Time wrote:
@girlypiechocochips wrote:
well sir i dont have problem activating a chatbox i want to span the chat box which i have in one account to other or say i wanna embedd a chatbox of another forumotion to different place so the chat is accessible in two places

Hi,

Do you mean that you want the chatbox to be access in any part of your forum site ?
no sir i want it  to be accessed from my different forumotion accoount as i hate switching tabs

girlypiechocochips
New Member

Posts : 23
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://gxacademy.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by Sylveraine on February 11th 2014, 12:02 pm

¨color°white*¨b*Basically what we´re looking for is a chat that you can access from 2 forums, where it both is installed. Say, Black Rose Academy Forum and Generation X Academy Forum both have this chat, and they are linked. So when you log in on Black Rose, you automatically are logged in on the GX Chat as well.

Is something like that possible?[/b][/color]

Sylveraine
New Member

Posts : 8
Reputation : 1
Language : Dutch, German, English

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by Darkel on February 11th 2014, 12:04 pm

@girlypiechocochips wrote: no sir i want it  to be accessed from my different forumotion accoount as i hate switching tabs

@Sylveraine wrote:¨color°white*¨b*Basically what we´re looking for is a chat that you can access from 2 forums, where it both is installed. Say, Black Rose Academy Forum and Generation X Academy Forum both have this chat, and they are linked. So when you log in on Black Rose, you automatically are logged in on the GX Chat as well.

Is something like that possible?[/b][/color]

So you want only 1 chatbox in 2 different forum sites hosted by forumotion ?

Darkel
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2128
Reputation : 257
Language : English, Tagalog
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by Ikerepc on February 11th 2014, 12:04 pm

I'm sorry, but you can't have same on different sites, only you can is create your own chatbox and put it on your 2 sites (you have a lot free chatboxs on internet with they host to use).

Or set on one site link to chatbox on the other.

Ikerepc
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1114
Reputation : 152
Language : Croatian, HTML, CSS, jQuery, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, Bascom, Python, C, FBD & LAD for PLC and more... Little English :D
Location : Around electronics and progmamming ;)

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by Darkel on February 11th 2014, 12:25 pm

If that's what you want as i have mentioned above, well it's not possible as Zyon said. You can only have 1 chatbox every forum site hosted by forumotion.

Darkel
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2128
Reputation : 257
Language : English, Tagalog
Location : Philippines

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by girlypiechocochips on February 11th 2014, 12:53 pm

yes i know but i dont want it to be loggined i just want to embed the chat box
i know how it wrks u see the link of the chatbox just i wanna know how to embed that chat on the site i want to embed it so that i dont have to switch tabs like a third party chat is orignally on their site but we can place it on our same way i want it to place at other site i know its mandatory to login in the forum where the chatbox belongs

girlypiechocochips
New Member

Posts : 23
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://gxacademy.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by SLGray on February 11th 2014, 6:12 pm

Why would you want a chatbox that you can not log in to on your forum?


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35670
Reputation : 2375
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by girlypiechocochips on February 12th 2014, 7:31 pm

@SLGray wrote:Why would you want a chatbox that you can not log in to on your forum?
because i want it -__________- simple we are switching between two places it will be easy if i just have one chatbox both places

girlypiechocochips
New Member

Posts : 23
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://gxacademy.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by SLGray on February 13th 2014, 2:04 am

You do understand you can have it on your forum, but your members can only log onto it if they are logged into other forum.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35670
Reputation : 2375
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: i wanna embed the fm chat on the opther forumotion forum

Post by girlypiechocochips on February 14th 2014, 5:16 pm

@SLGray wrote:You do understand you can have it on your forum, but your members can only log onto it if they are logged into other forum.
i know it very well its just to setup a tieup between two accounts

girlypiechocochips
New Member

Posts : 23
Reputation : 1
Language : english

http://gxacademy.4rumer.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum