The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Forum connection running very slow (Possible Domain Name related?)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Forum connection running very slow (Possible Domain Name related?)

Post by Derri on February 27th 2014, 1:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

My forum has the base URL of www.thefmnetwork.forumotion.com and this runs very very fast, instant loading. However when I use my domain name purchased through forumotion. www.thefmnetwork.com the site takes around 30+ to load. I don't know why but it takes a long time to load when using the proper domain but when I use the forumotion one, it loads almost instantly.

I did purchase the domain name on the 25 of Feb and got conformation of successful booking on the 26 and I'm trying it now which is 27 Feb (UK time)00:48:29

I understand that the domain name hasn't been live long and thus might take awhile to load but this never happened with my last domain name purchased.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks Very Happy
Derri

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Forum connection running very slow (Possible Domain Name related?)

Post by captaindogfish on March 3rd 2014, 5:34 pm

@Derri wrote:Hello,

My forum has the base URL of www.thefmnetwork.forumotion.com and this runs very very fast, instant loading. However when I use my domain name purchased through forumotion. www.thefmnetwork.com the site takes around 30+ to load. I don't know why but it takes a long time to load when using the proper domain but when I use the forumotion one, it loads almost instantly.

I did purchase the domain name on the 25 of Feb and got conformation of successful booking on the 26 and I'm trying it now which is 27 Feb (UK time)00:48:29

I understand that the domain name hasn't been live long and thus might take awhile to load but this never happened with my last domain name purchased.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Thanks Very Happy
Derri
Hello Smile
I see that you have Google Chrome see this Google support link that I found:Click here to view
Hope this helpedHello

Captaindogfish

captaindogfish
Forumember

Language : Engish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Forum connection running very slow (Possible Domain Name related?)

Post by Sir. Mayo on March 6th 2014, 8:14 pm

Hello Derri,

Is chrome at the current version??
Do other browsers do this as well.
Can you do me a favor and go type this in your address bar in chrome

chrome://version/

and paste the results.
also what plug ins and extensions do you have installed you can check via these links

chrome://plugins/

chrome://extensions/

Sir. Mayo
Forumember

Male Posts : 963
Language : English, Some french.

http://sir-mayo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on March 7th 2014, 12:31 am

Code:
Google Chrome 33.0.1750.146 (Official Build 254388) m
OS Windows
Blink 537.36 (@168249)
JavaScript V8 3.23.17.20
Flash 12.0.0.70
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.146 Safari/537.36
Command Line "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
Executable Path C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Profile Path C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
Variations 6dcb530d-954431d1
514bad25-7215e5f8
e950616e-ca7d8d80
8afebf76-76019601
c70841c8-4866ef6e
9e5c75f1-ff510115
24dca50e-837c4893
ca65a9fe-bf3100d4
8d790604-9cb2a91c
ea1014b7-dd21eb5a
5a3c10b5-e1cc0f14
244ca1ac-4ad60575
f47ae82a-746c2ad4
5e29d81-cf4f6ead
3ac60855-486e2a9c
246fb659-4ad60575
f296190c-5c63917a
4442aae2-6e3b1976
ed1d377-e1cc0f14
75f0f0a0-6bdfffe7
e2b18481-a5822863
e7e71889-4ad60575

I obviously have the default plugins that automatically are built into the browser. However I don't have anything else other than the default set.

Extensions....I have one for creating and managing google docs. Other than that I don't have any.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on March 7th 2014, 2:24 am

Try disabling that one extension. I never had an extension or plugins ever do that, but it might be worth a try. Strange situation with the domain name. They seem to be troublesome to a lot of people. In my opinion you should just use forumotions default url they gave you when you created your forum. But if you want to use the domain good luck.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537
Language : English

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. Mayo on March 7th 2014, 2:50 am

You seem to have the current version of chrome installed. have you tired a different browser or a different network?

Sir. Mayo
Forumember

Male Posts : 963
Language : English, Some french.

http://sir-mayo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on March 7th 2014, 6:40 pm

HI Derri,

Try and reboot your modem / Hub this sometime is down to your ISP and not to do with a site at all

maybe give your ISP a call and ask them to look into it as your site is running fast for everyone else.

Some times the ISP can slow some url's down

Ape.

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8339
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on March 8th 2014, 1:07 pm

I did that Ape as I considered it to be a possible issue with my ISP or possibly even my IP address as it only ever happened when at home.

I've not contacted my ISP for one reason, they generally won't do anything for one site or if they did something they'd probably just check it to see if it had been blacklisted or something but considering my virus software and computer protection software is provided by my ISP then it would come up and notify me of this when accessing the website.

It seems to be self correcting itself *touch wood* its been around two days now and my site has been loading instantly with the new domain name.

However this happened before and I got crushing lag again, again with only my site being affected. So I'm going to monitor it for awhile before I mark this topic solved.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on March 11th 2014, 9:46 am

All has been well over the last week or so. (touch wood)

If everything goes as smoothly as it has been going then I'll mark this solved. However I'd like to see how it goes this week before marking this as solved.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanitas on March 17th 2014, 3:50 pm

Hello, I'm actually having a similar issue with my forum. It's loading rather slowly, It would take about an entire Minuit to load at my college.Thought everything else loads fast with out an issue, I was using my website just fine this morning in my house. I used the GTmetrix website and got the following information;

I'm not entirely sure what any of it means thought. I got an F in one area but don't understand it. Could someone explain?

Vanitas

Male Posts : 22
Language : English,Spanish a little Japanese.

http://worthlessnobody.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanitas on March 27th 2014, 8:16 pm

Actually, funny thing, it was the ad's which had made it slow. I tend to install Google Chrome onto the school computers over and over again and having to install the Ad-blocker over and over again, but it's fine now. No more lag issues. Sorry to bother.

Vanitas

Male Posts : 22
Language : English,Spanish a little Japanese.

http://worthlessnobody.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum