The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change of head administrator/owner of forum

3 posters

Go down

Solved Change of head administrator/owner of forum

Post by kmorg February 27th 2014, 7:49 pm

Hi, I am the founder/head admin of a forum. I now wanna step down as head admin, but stay as a regular moderator/administrator, turning ownership over to another administrator. How do I do that?
kmorg

Language : norwegian

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Change of head administrator/owner of forum

Post by SLGray February 27th 2014, 8:31 pm

Change of head administrator/owner of forum Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Base February 27th 2014, 10:27 pm

Hello,

Please do not send in faulty reports. The report system is only used for genuine problems that require immediate staff attention.

As for the problem at hand, the above link directs you to a guide on changing the founder account. In this case, your question describes case one. You will need to follow the steps as described in order to step down as head admin.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kmorg February 27th 2014, 10:56 pm

Base wrote:Hello,

Please do not send in faulty reports. The report system is only used for genuine problems that require immediate staff attention.

As for the problem at hand, the above link directs you to a guide on changing the founder account. In this case, your question describes case one. You will need to follow the steps as described in order to step down as head admin.
Sorry. My mistake about the report.
Regarding the issue. The steps described means I have to totally abandon my account and delete all traces of my history on the board. That is not what I want to do. We simply want to transfer ownership to another person. I am still going to have my account at the board. Isn't this possible?
kmorg

Language : norwegian

Back to top Go down

Post by Base February 27th 2014, 11:37 pm

I am not actually sure why it says you have to delete all your messages.  scratch 

The two steps here:

►Once the messages are deleted, he/she must change the e-mail on the forum and Founder Tools by replacing the e-mail to the new replacement.

► Finally, it is sufficient to give the password to his/hers new replacement member "Team Management".

...are the most important. If you wish to hand over the founder account then you will need to change your email on the forum and in the utilities to the email address of the new founder.

After that, you will need to give your password to the new founder. I will ask about the deleting of messages to see if it's absolutely necessary.

UPDATE 28/02/14: After speaking to Buttercup, you will not have to delete all your messages. Please check the topic for an updated version.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down