The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Editing a already hosted page?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Editing a already hosted page?

Post by DannyHowell on February 28th 2014, 8:25 pm

Hello everyone,

My first post here but you guys seem like you dont bite so I'll get on with my question...

I'm making a website for my COD: Ghosts Clan, we have loads of members comming and going and therefore im going to need to keep updating my clan roster, unfortunatly, there isnt a way to get data from in-game to html i dont think.... even if there was, it wouldnt be cheap.

But what i want is to be able to maybe click a [edit this page] button and a dialog pop up or a page redirect to a login page that has one user and one pass to enter, then it would let me edit the <td> and <tr>'s.

I'm not sure if the who login thing will work but the edit this page thing should... if Wiki can have it then so can we lol... though the password would be awesome Smile

Hopfully one of you guys/girls can pull something from the woodwork, we'll see... I'll check back here tomorow.

Thanks in advance.

DannyHowell

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Re: Editing a already hosted page?

Post by SLGray on February 28th 2014, 8:29 pm

I am confused about what exactly you are asking? Could you please explain in further detail?

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35622
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by masesm on February 28th 2014, 8:46 pm

What your asking for is php (from what I understand). You want each person to login with their own username and password? Well, you could already do that with Forumotion. Now, if you are asking that certain people could access certain pages that other cannot, you need to make groups and assign their permissions to each page.

Go to ACP > Users and Groups > Groups Management.

masesm
Forumember

Male Posts : 67
Language : English, Java, JavaScript, HTML, CSS.

http://sicktier.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DannyHowell on March 1st 2014, 10:43 am

There is no admin cp as this is just a html / css website. Maybe I am looking for php, unsure.

There is no forum involved in this website, I have cpanel.

I want a [edit] button on a html page so I can edit that page without having to edit html codes (like I have been). But I don't want everyone to be able to edit it, so just one username and one password that's encoded in the code so I can edit it when I please, but once the correct user and pass has been submitted I want to be able to edit the page, from the page maybe some sort of wysig text editor or something? Or whatever it's called

DannyHowell

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on March 1st 2014, 7:40 pm

Wait a minute. So you want to have a way to edit a HTML page without editing the code? Is the related to a forum hosted by Forumotion?

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35622
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by masesm on March 2nd 2014, 7:12 am

Here are few things you need to know:
1. This website is for Forumotion forum support ONLY.
2. What you are talking about is advanced PHP and Java.
3. For next time, please make your post as clear as possible, so we do not have to ask you for more details (as that takes up your time and ours too).

Cheers.

masesm
Forumember

Male Posts : 67
Language : English, Java, JavaScript, HTML, CSS.

http://sicktier.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum