The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

The ASK FM topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you like to have a "General Questions" forum on here?

50% 50% 
[ 2 ]
50% 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

The ASK FM topic

Post by Guest on February 28th 2014, 8:51 pm

I'm seeing a lot of general questions on here. One of mine is why I'm seeing so many ppl getting banned and "Guest" posts lately. Did FM change polilicy? Not only here, but on a lot of "Forumotion" sites and affiliates as well. I don't know. So, why's that? I'd like to ask'm in a separate forum.

Samantha.

Back to top Go down

Re: The ASK FM topic

Post by Base on February 28th 2014, 8:56 pm

Do you mean an "ask the Forumotion Team" thread?

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 28th 2014, 8:56 pm

Something like that yea. I might have slipped the topic on that one. Could you please show me? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on February 28th 2014, 8:57 pm

Ah, there isn't actually a topic. A member suggested something similar: http://help.forumotion.com/t130990-staff-interview

Which the staff have yet to discuss about implementing. Smile

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on February 28th 2014, 9:17 pm

Ok, I see. While mine's a bit different, it'll hold some personal issues as well for everyone to see, as long as they're fine to share it with anyone.

I've just been banned for an unreal reason from the Dutch FM site, which isn't official. I posted Buttercup about it. It seems odd my eye fell on a whole lot of Guest posts lateley on here as well. I'm not scared being banned at all, anywhere, just asking. If so, it'll confirm my point of view and anyone banning me is scared to be confronted with it. I'm tough. I can stand anything!    Just wanna know the reason. Is it policy when a member requests an account deletion to ban without any further notification or explaination, or is it ill behavior of a site not being official? Just being polite. Yk, cuz I asked for an account deletion in order to make a comeback someday, when ready. Nathan, one of the staff members didn't comply to my request, so that's why I left. Ask Joost. So now I wanna know... is this company policy or what? Who's in charge? The admin "Joost" or FM staff member (moderator) "Nathan"?

My wallet's aching for another year of prolongation of my .com domain name, but now it's getting more difficult by the hour to do so. She got very ill on what she just saw right now!

And that's the kinda questions which'll go there, if you don't mind. In a new section, that is.

Regards,

Samantha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on March 1st 2014, 12:54 am

People can remove their account from any FM forum if they wish too.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead on March 1st 2014, 2:02 am

The official reason the original two threads that permitted to ask questions to staff about the service, or this forum (Not support related), and also the same reason this suggestion has been refused prior is:
The topic is too General for the 'General Discussion', however the GD is only for discussion about FM Services.

I doubt this will happen.

RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on March 1st 2014, 2:46 am

An administrator does not have to give a reason why a member was ban.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35624
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by captaindogfish on March 3rd 2014, 10:58 pm

I like this idea a lot! But there is really a website called www.ask.fm.com Smile

captaindogfish
Forumember

Language : Engish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on March 4th 2014, 7:25 pm

@Derri: Since the Dutch board isn't official, is that the reason why? Meanwhile, because I was on a good foot with the admin called "Joost" on there, and he tried hard to convince everyone to lemme stay on there, my request had been addressed to, so that's good, eventhough I was in tears him to see me go. They removed my account on there. I think I got banned before being removed, which is kinda weird. But Joost filled out all the gaps and approved my wishes as stated a couple of hours after. Thanks for that. They banned, removed my accounts, cleaned up the topics and removed my dearly loved like 10 tuts.

Lets go back to the original question here, cuz that's a real motivator here to me. I'm glad I'm seeing positive feedback, which, in my humble opinion, is really good! Smile

PS: I won't be responding to "Members". I'm too good of a Sammy  Wink   Call it whatever you like, I not being hostile, it's just the way I am, pls., repect.

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses on March 6th 2014, 5:43 pm

@RadioHead wrote:The official reason the original two threads that permitted to ask questions to staff about the service, or this forum (Not support related), and also the same reason this suggestion has been refused prior is:
The topic is too General for the 'General Discussion', however the GD is only for discussion about FM Services.

I doubt this will happen.
I agree, the suggested forum type would be too much like a general discussion forum where all topics are sllowed, and that suggestion has already been refused, but not refused officially. Just at that moment in conversation the topic was brought up and Sanket mentioned he didn't like the idea. Of course he is out of power now but I still somehow doubt from what he said that this forum will ever support one, They want all the forum topics to stay forumotion related. Its the way they want it, so that's the way its gonna be. They foresee a general discussion forum where a variety of subjects are discussed would need too much Moderation, and they would prefer to spend that time answering questions in the support forums.

I can understand that..but new people can be assigned to Moderate it. I think the simple fact is they just don't want that here, and I can understand that too.

runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on March 11th 2014, 1:39 pm

Hello,

We'll stick to this topic:
http://help.forumotion.com/t130990-staff-interview

Since it's a similar suggestion.

@SamanthaS: We don't have a control over the Dutch support forum.

This topic is closed.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum