The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with topics, forums from Index (main page)

3 posters

Go down

Help with topics, forums from Index (main page) Empty Help with topics, forums from Index (main page)

Post by Ryalzibub March 5th 2014, 8:27 am

Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to read my request for help.

I've been looking around online and these forums to no avail but I'm wondering how to do a few things.

Firstly, FROM the Index (main page), how can I add a New Forum AND/OR New Topic button for each Category?

Secondly, again, FROM the Index (main page), where can I set it so that the underlying forums and topics in said forums can be seen from the main page?

Finally, with the Poll widget, where/how can I set it that users can vote right on the Poll window(widget)?  Basically placing a vote and results button right on the widget itself.

Any and all help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated and apologies in advance if these help topics have been covered somewhere already.

My forum is located at: http://tort1138.findforum.net/

Regards.
Ryalzibub

Language : English

http://tort1138@findforum.net

Back to top Go down

Help with topics, forums from Index (main page) Empty Re: Help with topics, forums from Index (main page)

Post by TheCrow March 5th 2014, 11:54 am

Hello Ryalzibub,

1: For this one if i understood correctly you want to create a new category to your forum? If yes you simply go to: Admin Panel >> General >> Categories and forum >> and press the green cross to add what you like ( Add )
And for the button creation, where do you want to add the button? Next to the New Topic and Reply buttons?

2: For the second one, you want to add the underlining text that has been visited with different color? If yes you go to: Admin Panel >> Display >> Colors and pictures >> Colors
and you modify the colors for the links (for the visited link)

3: To add a widget that has a poll, you have to create the poll you want, somewhere in a topic with a poll, and then go to: Admin Panel >> Modules >> Widgets of forum
and add the widget named Polls. When you do that you can press the edit icon ( Edit ) and select which poll you want to be displayed!

Hope i helped!

Regards,
Marios.
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6898
Language : Greek, English

https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Help with topics, forums from Index (main page) Empty Greetings Marios94

Post by Ryalzibub March 5th 2014, 1:18 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The things you've replied with are actually a little different from what I'm inquiring about.

Basically, from the main Index page, I'd like to give users the option via button above each individual category to create a new forum.

Also, from the main Index page, I wonder if it's even possible to display some of the topics that have been created in each forum for users to see.  The current hierarchy is Category>Forum>Forum, etc.  I'd like to be able to show some of the topic from the main Index page like this: Category>Forum>Topic, Topic, etc.

As for the Poll widget, making a widget I understand but I'd like to apply the function of allowing users to vote from the widget.  I see on many other forums, they'll have a poll then there will be a Vote button for users to click on the widget.  I'd like to know how to get that Vote button on the widget...

I'm completely new at this so my apologies if my explanations are rather unclear.

Thanks again. Smile
Ryalzibub

Language : English

http://tort1138@findforum.net

Back to top Go down

Help with topics, forums from Index (main page) Empty Re: Help with topics, forums from Index (main page)

Post by Neptune- March 7th 2014, 4:22 am

Hello ^^

Ryalzibub wrote:
Basically, from the main Index page, I'd like to give users the option via button above each individual category to create a new forum.
Only administrators can create new forums using ACP. Users will never able to create a new forum since they do not have access to ACP

Ryalzibub wrote:Also, from the main Index page, I wonder if it's even possible to display some of the topics that have been created in each forum for users to see.  The current hierarchy is Category>Forum>Forum, etc.  I'd like to be able to show some of the topic from the main Index page like this: Category>Forum>Topic, Topic, etc.
Between category, forum and topic, only forums have permissions. So you can place your topics only in a forum/sub-forum, neither in a category, nor directly in main page, but you can put a link of some topics in category or forum description.
Like on that category where Frequently Asked Questions and Tips and tricks are in fact links to topics and not to subforums
Neptune-
Neptune-
Forumember

Female Posts : 496
Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

https://www.galaxie-series.net/

Back to top Go down